U.S.C. at Oregon State

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: U.S.C. at Oregon State

Post by Tigercannon71 »

At least OSU gets thumped on the big stage like National Championship games and not little stages like thursday night football to unranked teams.

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Number 1 Ohio State got beat by an unranked Illinois team last year at Ohio Stadium,so it can happen to anyone.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

USC got whipped last year by 40 point underdog Stanford.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

froggy48 wrote:Number 1 Ohio State got beat by an unranked Illinois team last year at Ohio Stadium,so it can happen to anyone.

didnt that illinois team go to the rose bowl????

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

froggy48 wrote:Number 1 Ohio State got beat by an unranked Illinois team last year at Ohio Stadium,so it can happen to anyone.

It happens like every once in a blue moon for the Buckeyes seems like every year it happens to the almighty USC Trojans.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

2007 unranked Stanford
2006 unranked Oregon State
2006 unranked UCLA
2003 unranked Cal

All these games USC was ranked top 5.

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Yes they did! Just responding to the statement about OSU getting thumped on the big stage and not on little stages by unranked teams like USC did. Illinois was unranked and OSU #1 when they beat OSU at the horseshoe.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I bet theres alot of happy Beaver fans today..........way to take it to the Trojans.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Did anybody see the hissy fit that Sanchez threw in the tunnel after the loss??Hmm didnt see any Ohio State players act like that after their loss?? :lol:

cgllmom
Waterboy

Post by cgllmom »

So, I hate to sound like a bratty, bitter Ohio State fan, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I am just glad to see them get beat because they beat the Bucs. Selfish I am sure but oh well!

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

This is just another reason why college football has the best regular season of any sport by far! It's games like this that make preview shows like College Gameday a complete waste of time because you never know what is going to happen. All they do on ESPN and College Gameday is make predictions on what will happen. Like Herbie and Corso have all the answers... :roll:

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

buckeye 21-- Being a Michigan fan your license plate logo hurts. I know what you mean about all the sports talk shows but i watch anyway and try to keep in mind that if i could be on a show that i would have opinions that everyone would not agree with. But it would be nice to on one to give an opinion don't you think!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I wonder if OHIO STATE runs the table the rest of the season if they will get a look at the National Title....only time will tell

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It will be interesting to see how far USC drops in the polls seeing how the Buckeyes dropped to 14th losing to USC when they was ranked # 2 or 3 at the time and USC losing to an unranked team.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:It will be interesting to see how far USC drops in the polls seeing how the Buckeyes dropped to 14th losing to USC when they was ranked # 2 or 3 at the time and USC losing to an unranked team.

I was thinking the same thing if they dont drop at least 10 spost then something is screwy somewhere.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

loyaldevilfan wrote:I wonder if OHIO STATE runs the table the rest of the season if they will get a look at the National Title....only time will tell

As a Buckeye fan, I wouldn't hope so.
They'd just get embarrased again by someone even better than USC.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Oregon State opened a can on the Trojans.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

For any OSU fan to laugh at USC, I say the entire country is laughing back at you. I traveled this morning from Huntington to Durham and caught Jim Rome, Collin Cowherd, and a few others, and the first thing they said was Buckeye fans this was the worst thing that could happen to you. If USC and OSU are both one loss teams at the end of the season, who do you think is getting in? Cowherd talked about a two loss team getting in before OSU with one loss. OSU will have to blow everyone one out this year and hope and pray no one else runs the table.

Just being honest here, everyone outside of Ohio thinks OSU is not getting in period.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

To me it is more about the media bias for Carroll and USC. How do you lose two games last year, (LSU included here) and not have people all over the country saying how bad Carroll, Miles are? It is not about whether or not OSU gets in the title game or not. It's mostly pointing out the absurd (so called Buckeye fans included) saying Tressel should be fired. Tressel has lost to one non ranked team in eight years and he has people calling for his job. Ridiculous. As far as Coward, Rome and the like are concerned ( and I even hate to respond to anything they would have to say) Tressel forgot more football than any of them ever hoped to know in their lifetimes.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Oregon State didn't do anything special, in fact they won the game because they did what I harped and harped about the Buckeyes needing to do against the Trojans.

Their defense simply was able to get off the field on 3rd down.

The two drives that USC converted on third and more than 5, the Trojans scored touchdowns. USC had 3 first downs in the first half.

They ran the ball well, and dominated the clock. They stopped the Trojans on 3rd and long. They punted they ball and gave USC field position deep in their own territory. This is what won them the game.

Does this formula sound familiar, it's what we used to call "Tressel Ball."

Return to “College Sports”