SEOP

OSU vs. Michigan State

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Who wins and what do you expect to see?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: OSU vs. Michigan State

I think Dantonio pins the defensive ears back and blitzes Pryor's butt off.

The OSU offensive line is playing absolute horrible football, and has no fire in the way they block.
Pryor has the skills to make plays with his feet, but has shown the inability to just throw the ball away and
has a bad habbit of taking long sacks outside the tackle box. Tressel has yet to open the play book for Pryor to
throw the ball deep and make the safties stay back on defense.

The Buckeyes defense has to continue to improve this week, they looked alot better against Purdue.
This is not Purdue though, and Ringer is going to give the Buckeyes defense fits if they don't control the line of scrimage.

Road game in the Big 10, against a top 25 team, with a great running back, and defensive minded coach.

If the Buckeyes play at all like they have all year long, they will lose this game.

Hopefully that doesn't happen though, and the Bucks come home at 7-1 and gear up for PSU the following week.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think the defense controls MSU and gets some turnovers from Hoyer. This D stuffed Ringer last year.

The offense will look better. OSU was in the redzone against PU all day long, and they were clearly playing "not to make mistakes." Tressel had a two-score lead early and shut down the offense because he knew the game was in hand without any turnovers on OSU's part. JT knows this short stretch of games is critical.

If OSU is behind, JT will open it up. If they get up two scores early, get ready to be bored to tears.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

One game of offensive crap is a fluke, two games is lack of focus, the absolute lack of any offensive execution by a multi year starter laden team all season long (except for against outclassed YSU) is a trend. This trend needs to be broken.

Marching down the field and then throwing in the towel in the redzone, settling for 3, is a great way to make the offense stop believing in themselves.

If this year's senior class, one that has played in 2 national title games and has won 3 big ten titles, can't find the fire to absolutely blow teams off the field, then put in underclassmen that can.

I have faith in the system, and faith that they will win every game. They need to put points on the board though.

Just because last years D stopped Ringer doesn't mean this years will. This years D is lacking severly compared to the performance that the very same players put in.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Offense and defense need to definately bring their "A" games.Also can't afford to be missing fg's because we all know if it is 4th and 1 and 50 yds or less for 3 the field goal unit will be trotting onto the field.Was really po'd when the fake field goal was blown dead last week,would like to have seen the outcome.Going to need all the points we can get agianst a good MSU squad.GO BUCKS!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i expect to see tressel ball, run the ball throw when you need to and play field position and also make 3-5 field goals and let your defense win the game im gonna say 22-17

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The o-line played better this past week, but still need to improve.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I think MSU wins a close game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

IF OSU DOESN'T GET ON THERE HORSES EARLY AND PUT'EM DOWN..... THIS ONE COULD BE UGLY FOR THE BUCKEYE NATION.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I agree with you all Ohio State better come out and play fast and hard.

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

Ohio State had better play hard. If the Offense doesn't show up we don't even have a chance. It just depends on if Tressel will open up the play calling. As of late, Tressel makes me sick!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

i agree totally clh, for me it hasn't been of late though but I am and have been an idiot for thinking that the conservative play would lead us into trouble. We have played this style until UM game every year and then finally pull out enough plays to win. Either Pryor is buying it or he just needs a crash course in being a DI QB. When bad becomes worse, do you go back to bad or stick with worse????? Getting sacked got TB booed and ultimately cost him a job but now we run backwards 10 yards to avoid a sack, don't throw the ball away outside the tackle box, and then get sacked for a much more substantial loss with no ramifications. The problem is and has been play calling along with a very vanilla gameplan and no versatility in our formations. Been that way for awhile and now the last defensive coach with a set at our program is waiting on us licking his chops. At least with im we had a legitimately solid defense, even against good teams our d held up.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The reason Pryor gets those 10-yard losses is because when he was in high school, he could get away with that stuff. He just needs to continue playing and to realize that he can't do that in college. He will learn!

Keep the faith, my friends. If you book them, they will come!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Michigan State, most of the time is a hard game for the Bucks

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Scary part about MSU is that in years past the coaching has enabled them from winning the game or competing for 4 qtrs and now they have a solid fball coach. Of course I am talking about post Saban era.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Pryor would learn quicker if they would pull him out and talk to him "Woody style" for maybe just a series. That would already be resolved by now. Can't make the same mistakes game after game w/o change and convince me that he is learning. Reading a defense is a very tough transition to make when jumping from small school PA to DI football and that has a much larger learning curve than the trying to make every play, running backwards to avoid sacks??, not getting rid of the fball when nothing is open, and not looking downfield for open recievers. Those are simple fixes and need addressed promptly with vigor.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I doubt screaming at him would help much. Screaming only helps when someone isn't giving full effort. If a person is trying, that person is trying. There is no speeding that process, except possibly through clearer teaching. The O-line has been just awful. No QB would be succeeding for OSU right now.

As for hating Tressel, well I guess 72-12 since 2002 isn't enough. He should be 84-0.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Let's go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

"big game jim" can't beat a team with a pulse.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

More insight from whompas. Only national champions and top 3 teams have a pulse. Got it.

Return to “College Sports”