Cincinnati VS Pittsburg > Orange Bowl

caglewis
SEOP

Cincinnati VS Pittsburg > Orange Bowl

Post by caglewis »

Huge game coming up - sorry BP, but GO BEARCATS!
They beat WVU and Louisville - Pitt is next!
I'm still having a little trouble getting used to Bearcat football being a "big deal" - it used to be all about Bearcat basketball -but not now! And, as always, GO BEARCATS!
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Cincinnati VS Pittsburg

Post by Black Panther »

Good Luck to your Bearcats! Should be an AWESOME game! Get used to to UC being good.You have a good coach and program.The River City Rivalry will really mean something this year...Hail To Pitt!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

UC deserved to win ...The other thing besides the result I didn't like was the UC fans and students throwing the oranges on the field.Congrats!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Cag must be in a state of ectasy over this one. Any thoughts from the winning side of this matchup?? :122249

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I'VE BEEN EATING AN ORANGE A DAY EVER SINCE!!
You will be pleased to know, Black Panther, that I was indeed screaming and cheering FOR the Pitt Panthers in their thrilling victory against WVU - that win clinched the sole ownership of the Big East crown for UC; and I was rooting FOR them again today against UCon just out of gratitude for that win over WVU.
Wisely, the Bearcats are playing their final game of the season tonight in Hawaii - no snow, no cold there! It's going to be on one of the ESPN channels around midnight. A win tonight would make this the "winningest" football season [11 games] EVER in the history of the school!
GO BEARCATS - May your RED and BLACK paws make a BOWL of ORANGE JUICE!

3:12 AM - WOW - what a nailbiter that Cincinnati vs Hawaii game was! Dominick Goodman, a potent Bearcat offensive threat, suffered a separated shoulder on the first posession of the game and was immediately out of the game altogether. The score was tied 10-10 at the half, and then Cincinnati played miserably in the 3rd qtr. I think they had 1 yd of total offense in the 2nd half well into the 4th qtr, and Hawaii was up 2 touchdowns. Then the Bearcat defense dug in their heels, got a pic and a TD, then a FG, then a safety, so they were only down by 2 points. Then Dustin Grutza threw a 69 yd TD pass to Gilyard with about 5 minutes to go and the Bearcats held on for a 29 - 24 win.
The game was marred by many, many personal foul penalties, and some pushing and shoving between the 2 teams' players.
I certainly hope Goodman's shoulder heals in time for the Orange Bowl. The Bearcats won't get away with playing that badly against Va Tech!
Can I just say, "A WIN is a WIN" and GO BEARCATS?!!!
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

caglewis wrote:I'VE BEEN EATING AN ORANGE A DAY EVER SINCE!!
You will be pleased to know, Black Panther, that I was indeed screaming and cheering FOR the Pitt Panthers in their thrilling victory against WVU - that win clinched the sole ownership of the Big East crown for UC; and I was rooting FOR them again today against UCon just out of gratitude for that win over WVU.
Wisely, the Bearcats are playing their final game of the season tonight in Hawaii - no snow, no cold there! It's going to be on one of the ESPN channels around midnight. A win tonight would make this the "winningest" football season [11 games] EVER in the history of the school!
GO BEARCATS - May your RED and BLACK paws make a BOWL of ORANGE JUICE!

3:12 AM - WOW - what a nailbiter that Cincinnati vs Hawaii game was! Dominick Goodman, a potent Bearcat offensive threat, suffered a separated shoulder on the first posession of the game and was immediately out of the game altogether. The score was tied 10-10 at the half, and then Cincinnati played miserably in the 3rd qtr. I think they had 1 yd of total offense in the 2nd half well into the 4th qtr, and Hawaii was up 2 touchdowns. Then the Bearcat defense dug in their heels, got a pic and a TD, then a FG, then a safety, so they were only down by 2 points. Dustin Grutza threw a 69 yd TD pass to Gilyard with about 5 minutes to go and the Bearcats held on for a 29 - 25 win.
The game was marred by many, many personal foul penalties, and some pushing and shoving between the 2 teams' players.
I certainly hope Goodman's shoulder heals in time for the Orange Bowl. The Bearcats won't get away with playing that badly against Va Tech!
Can I just say, "A WIN is a WIN" and GO BEARCATS?!!!

Forgive me Cag but I dozed off.Congrats on the win in Hawaii! That place is not easy to win at.Didn't UC have a strange ending there last time? I remember watching Pitt play there in 1992 and that game ended in a weird way(A loss I might add).Thank so much for rooting for us,I was nervous as heck near the end of the wvu game.Good Luck to the Bearcats in the Orange Bowl and make the Big East proud.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Didn't UC have a strange ending there last time?

Does "huge brawl between the 2 teams on the field" qualify as a "strange ending"? And I think that antipathy carried over to this game - look at all the penalties called against both teams!
I am still having an "adjustment problem" to focus on Bearcat Football! When I was there, Bearcat basketball teams had won 2 National Championships [both against OSU], and the football team was simply incidental at best or a "joke" at worst.
As for this Hawaii game - I can only hope that it was an aberational "let-down" game. The Bearcats had already clinched the Big East Championship; they were out enjoying the sun and fun of Hawaii and forgot they had a job to do. Fortunately, the defense and special teams remembered their job and got it done!
There's still a big worrisome thing, though. Dominick Goodman suffered an injury [described as a "separated shoulder"] early in this game and was out from then on. I watch WLWT Cincinnati 5 News, and in all their comments and coverage of this game or the coming Orange Bowl game, I have never heard ANY mention of his injury's situation/status. My guess is that a "separated shoulder" doesn't heal enough to play in 3 weeks. His offensive contributions will be sorely missed.
Another thing - Portsmouth's Tyler Clifford is listed on the UC Bearcat roster - http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-foo ... l-mtt.html - but I never heard his name or caught sight of his number 91. [? - under the "exp" column, what does "1sq" mean?]

And to completely change subjects - Bearcat Basketball is looking pretty good, too. The Crosstown Shootout against Xavier and Dante Jackson is coming right up - well before the Orange Bowl - so I need to switch focus yet again!

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

Black Panther wrote:UC deserved to win ...The other thing besides the result I didn't like was the UC fans and students throwing the oranges on the field.Congrats!

Have you ever been to a collage football game ?????? wow thats what they do everywhere dude why should cincy be different !!!!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Re: Cincinnati VS Pittsburg > Orange Bowl

Post by abuck76 »

This is going to go down as the worst Orange bowl ever..........Will anyone watch? Will the stadium fill up?............OOOO i'm smelling losing money.............. :12224

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

abuck76 wrote:This is going to go down as the worst Orange bowl ever..........Will anyone watch? Will the stadium fill up?............OOOO i'm smelling losing money.............. :12224

Miami Hurricane football only draws enough people to fill their home stadium to 70% capacity.

Why expect anything better from VT and UC?

The game will be better and the crowd will be bigger than the stadium normally gets.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

1959IRISHA wrote:
Black Panther wrote:UC deserved to win ...The other thing besides the result I didn't like was the UC fans and students throwing the oranges on the field.Congrats!

Have you ever been to a collage football game ?????? wow thats what they do everywhere dude why should cincy be different !!!!

Yes I have my friend.Most people that throw stuff on the field are leaving it soon there after...

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

LOL yea that is true most people leave after the game is over really not much to stay for at that point

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i look for cincy to take down va. tech.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Looks like the Irish fans had reason to throw things on the field this year,and God knows your coach is a big enough target. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DID I MISS SOMETHING, CINCY PLAYS . VIRGINIA TECH, IN THE ORANGE BOWL. :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:DID I MISS SOMETHING, CINCY PLAYS . VIRGINIA TECH, IN THE ORANGE BOWL. :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248 :122248

i agree. last time i checked they played va tech. GO BEARCATS!!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

This was originally a UC v Pitt game thread.Cag added the Orange Bowl twist to it...

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

yea uc pitt then orange bowl now we add a little twist of notre dame for some reason lol

i was at the orange bowl was a blast cincy fans really came out was very impressed !!!!! go Bearcats!!!

Return to “College Sports”