Scout.com reports Meyer, OSU agree to deal.

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: Scout.com reports Meyer, OSU agree to deal.

Post by starbase_318 »

GO BUCKS!!!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Notice the key word in my post is "Officially".

And the NCAA announcement of punishment is the timeline for both the hiring of the new coach, and the potential exit of the current AD.
http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stor ... ation.html

Might want to scan over this article 'dubs. I doubt the AD will be going anywhere. Gee is just as big an idiot as Smith.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

It kinda pisses me off they spent almost a million bucks to out of state agencies to help them manage the crisis.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

That memo from Gee to Smith was written before the failure to monitor charge came out, and before an investigation showed that Smith did very little to keep players from contact with DiGeronimo.

Ge'ez stance has since changed, his review is not so glowing anymore.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

How often do you see an interim coach stay on the staff when a new coach is hired? I seriously doubt Luke would imo. something worth noting, Luke has the exact same record at JT at this same point in their first year. I think that is something worth looking at considering he beats an 8-2 PSU team this week and then beats an 8 or 9 win UM team the following. Then what?

On the Herbie stuff. Someone actually thinks he is going to give up his 2 million dollar contract and cake job to be a QB coach at OSU? Seriously? Come on.

I have felt Urban would be the new coach all along, and that is fine. You want to be the best you better beat the best. I am interested to see what it does for recruiting. Advantage being he is an excellent recruiter and will certainly open the pipeline to Florida, but in the midwest will it be a disadvantage? Consider currently committed 5-star RB Brionte Dunn. Says he wants to play in a pro-style offense. If Urban comes to town is he going to stick with the Bucks? I doubt he does anyways but as much as it is going to help it will also hurt some imo.

Anyways, I like it for OSU. It's a good pickup and I look forward to a great rivalry.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Maybe my story wasnt so wrong after all Huh..........

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

VegasEagle wrote:Maybe my story wasnt so wrong after all Huh..........

VegasEagle,
First off, extremely wrong on my part to "out" your story. I apologize. At the very least, I owe you a dinner for that.
Secondly, it does, indeed, appear that your story is gaining traction on a daily basis.
Finally, you are The Man. I am just full of crap.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

peake wrote:How often do you see an interim coach stay on the staff when a new coach is hired? I seriously doubt Luke would imo. something worth noting, Luke has the exact same record at JT at this same point in their first year. I think that is something worth looking at considering he beats an 8-2 PSU team this week and then beats an 8 or 9 win UM team the following. Then what?

On the Herbie stuff. Someone actually thinks he is going to give up his 2 million dollar contract and cake job to be a QB coach at OSU? Seriously? Come on.

I have felt Urban would be the new coach all along, and that is fine. You want to be the best you better beat the best. I am interested to see what it does for recruiting. Advantage being he is an excellent recruiter and will certainly open the pipeline to Florida, but in the midwest will it be a disadvantage? Consider currently committed 5-star RB Brionte Dunn. Says he wants to play in a pro-style offense. If Urban comes to town is he going to stick with the Bucks? I doubt he does anyways but as much as it is going to help it will also hurt some imo.

Anyways, I like it for OSU. It's a good pickup and I look forward to a great rivalry.
Herbie has made millions for several years now. If being a QB coach is what he wants to do, he still would make decent money and he would not be hurting financially. Personally I dont think it is the money he would miss, it is the national attention that he gets with his role from ESPN.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

WitnessProtection wrote:

VegasEagle,
First off, extremely wrong on my part to "out" your story. I apologize. At the very least, I owe you a dinner for that.
Secondly, it does, indeed, appear that your story is gaining traction on a daily basis.
Thank you!!!!!! no dinner needed unless you wanna come to Vegas sometime and let me destroy you at the poker table lol hahahaha

WitnessProtection
All Conference

VegasEagle wrote:
WitnessProtection wrote:

VegasEagle,
Thank you!!!!!! no dinner needed unless you wanna come to Vegas sometime and let me destroy you at the poker tabe lol hahahaha
Never been to Vegas. Not a gambler, but I hear their buffets are brilliant!!!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

VegasEagle,
[/quote]

Thank you!!!!!! no dinner needed unless you wanna come to Vegas sometime and let me destroy you at the poker tabe lol hahahaha[/quote]

Never been to Vegas. Not a gambler, but I hear their buffets are brilliant!!![/quote]
Depends on where you go everyone talks about the Rio and its seafood buffet to be honest it was the worst 50 bucks I ever spent

WitnessProtection
All Conference

I have a buddy who's been to Vegas probably a dozen times or so. He loses a lot of money, but gets most of his meals comped, so I guess it evens out (a little).
My brother-in-law has been to a couple of conferences there and said each time the package included one free buffet for each day of his stay. His oldest son married a girl whose dad is a pastor in Vegas. I joke with my nephew that he married the only Baptist showgirl on the planet.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

WitnessProtection wrote:I have a buddy who's been to Vegas probably a dozen times or so. He loses a lot of money, but gets most of his meals comped, so I guess it evens out (a little).
My brother-in-law has been to a couple of conferences there and said each time the package included one free buffet for each day of his stay. His oldest son married a girl whose dad is a pastor in Vegas. I joke with my nephew that he married the only Baptist showgirl on the planet.
Yea theres a lot of girls out here thats for sure... Its a very dirty city though but its fun Ive lived out here for a year now and havent even put a dent in things to do.... I think you everyone should see it at least once though :-D

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Yeah. Vegas is on my list of places out west to see.
Farthest west I've been to date is Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas. Dallas-Ft. Worth is cool. Tulsa's a nice town. Went there for the NAIA men's basketball championships years ago.
Only stopped for gas in Nebraska and Kansas. Lots of corn and wheat, though!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

My family came out here in last summer we did the grand canyon and hoover dam tours. Hoover Dam was neat but I will never go back to the Grand Canyon biggest waste of time ever. If I was to live in any other city hands down it would be Denver the gotta go with Columbus for my third choice. Vegas is very high priced nothing like paying 10 bucks for a beer at some places on the strip lol

WitnessProtection
All Conference

I'm originally from Tampa, Fla., but have called SE Ohio home since 1994. Married an Ohio farm girl. Currently live in Zanesville. I enjoy the smalltown life now. Close enough to Columbus and Cleveland to enjoy what they offer. Cincy's a little longer haul; good weekend trip. Plane ride from Tampa. It's all good.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

WitnessProtection wrote:I'm originally from Tampa, Fla., but have called SE Ohio home since 1994. Married an Ohio farm girl. Currently live in Zanesville. I enjoy the smalltown life now. Close enough to Columbus and Cleveland to enjoy what they offer. Cincy's a little longer haul; good weekend trip. Plane ride from Tampa. It's all good.
I used to work for Shelly and sands out of zanesville and have a buddy stationed out here with me from there lol

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

ACCBiggz wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote: Not going to like Herbie as a QB coach. No coaching experience, not a very good QB anyway, and not exactly on the good side of OSU fan base!

I can't see Luke staying on as a defensive coach, and wouldn't want the hold over tension.
I've heard that if Urban comes, then his D coach may be the Stoops brother that was formerly at Arizona.
1. I'll give you the no previous coaching experience, but let's not act like you have to have been a good QB to be a good QB coach. You don't have to have been a player to be a good coach. You can go down the list. But in general, I agree... Just wanted to say that ;). And for the record I doubt he comes over, and I'm not sure it would be smart until Braxton is out. I've heard he talks to Pryor weekly and I'm sure if Herby was hired that Braxton could be conflicted and influenced by his "friend" and could create internal issues. But all-in-all it is not worth discussing rift now.

2. I said that as soon as he was fired. It makes all the sense in the world. Proven DC, Ohio born and bred, etc. We'll see if it comes to fruition, but I completely expected that. I'm more interested in who Urban will bring in on the offensive side of the ball.
Greg Studrawa, LSU's offensive coordinator, long time Meyer guy, and 1997 OSU GA, is a name that is getting a decent amount of talk for coming in an running the offense for Meyer at OSU.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
ACCBiggz wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote: Not going to like Herbie as a QB coach. No coaching experience, not a very good QB anyway, and not exactly on the good side of OSU fan base!

I can't see Luke staying on as a defensive coach, and wouldn't want the hold over tension.
I've heard that if Urban comes, then his D coach may be the Stoops brother that was formerly at Arizona.
1. I'll give you the no previous coaching experience, but let's not act like you have to have been a good QB to be a good QB coach. You don't have to have been a player to be a good coach. You can go down the list. But in general, I agree... Just wanted to say that ;). And for the record I doubt he comes over, and I'm not sure it would be smart until Braxton is out. I've heard he talks to Pryor weekly and I'm sure if Herby was hired that Braxton could be conflicted and influenced by his "friend" and could create internal issues. But all-in-all it is not worth discussing rift now.

2. I said that as soon as he was fired. It makes all the sense in the world. Proven DC, Ohio born and bred, etc. We'll see if it comes to fruition, but I completely expected that. I'm more interested in who Urban will bring in on the offensive side of the ball.
Greg Studrawa, LSU's offensive coordinator, long time Meyer guy, and 1997 OSU GA, is a name that is getting a decent amount of talk for coming in an running the offense for Meyer at OSU.
You think thats a good pick for Offensive Coordinator Dubs?????

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

He knows Urban's strengths, and helped lead the offense when Urban was at BGSU.
He has coached O-Line as well.

At LSU they have maintained a nice rushing game using power principles at times, while using the spread as well. Something that will be needed in the big ten in November.

As for particulars on his offensive schemes, I'll defer to a poster that is more familiar with LSU and SEC offense.

Return to “College Sports”