SEOPS Hippo

Re: To the Tim Tebow Haters...

Post by noreply66 »

The guy will not make it as a pro QB

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Why not? Like I said in another thread, the OC for the Panthers thinks he is Big Time.

He can make all the throws, great arm strength, mobility and ablility to escape the pocket, toughness, leadership, student of the game. I see no reason he won't be a very good QB at the next level.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

peake wrote:How can someone not be impressed with his rushing ability? Name a QB who can take the punishment he takes everyday? There isn't one. He flat challenges LB's to hit him, and he punishes them half the time. If anyone else in the country had so called "designed plays" like him, they wouldn't have a head.

His stats were down because the offense around him got better. They didn't need to run him 15-20 times a game like last season. Some of his numbers were also taken away by Percy Harvin (who IMHO is the best college football player in the nation).

McCoy had more rushing yards than Tebow this season and it's not like he slides when he's about to get hit or anything, we've all seen the highlight where he runs over the defender to get into the endzone. granted, McCoy doesn't take the constant punishment Tebow does but then again McCoy doesn't have the fullback build that Tebow has.

and what you said about the offense around him is one reason i was really pulling for McCoy to win it. like i said on another thread, McCoy has put up the same or better numbers than the other 3 QBs in the Heisman race with less to work with. Bradford has Iglasias and Gresham, Tebow has the freak athlete in Harvin and Harrell has fellow Heisman candidate Michael Crabtree. Texas has some good receivers but nobody to the caliber of the guys I just named off.
Last edited by Brutus8907 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Everyone said Matt Ryan wouldn't make it in the NFL either, and look at the progress he has made. He is leading the Falcons to a great season. As far as Tebow goes, I'm not sure how good he will do in the NFL. He is one of the absolute best running QB I have seen as far as his toughness. He doesn't even need speed, because he uses his power. I hate Tebow, but I have to respect his game. He is fun to watch... when he is not playing FSU lol. We will see if he makes it or not.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I can not stand him as Gator but I really like him as a football player.

i agree 100% ncf. i can't stand him or florida. but givin what he has done in his college career i just hope he don't end up like other good college players who didn't amount to anything in the pros

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Tebow should have won heisman he finshed behind mccoy to thats crazy

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He finishes were he belongs--the guy won't make it in the pros

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

A girl handed 2 lumps of charcoal and a couple of thumb tacks to Tim Tebow. He handed back to her a pair of diamond earrings.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

I can't stand Florida, but how can you not like Tebow? I know they think he's the best thing since Sliced Bread but, he's a true role model.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I don't need too --just wait and see/then get back with me

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Tebow is very talented and he deserves praise for everything he has accomplished, whether you like him or not.

Return to “College Sports”