Pete Carrol

85inside
S

Re: Pete Carrol

Post by 85inside »

ballparent:

I am assuming that there must have been replies that were deleted. I have not seen where Dublin's point of people attacking Carrol is warranted. I certainly was not attacking Carrol. i did not need to see the 60 minute piece to know that Carrol is a great person. His charity work alone has bore that out. I am glad Carrol got to prove the critics wrong after his failed attempt at coaching in the pro's.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Has anyone ever looked at Carrol's resume? Look into where he did his assistant coaching, I bet some of you may be surprised that he has some ties to Ohio State.

When Earl Bruce came to Ohio State, he brought Carroll, who acted as an assistant coach in charge of the secondary. The Ohio State squad made it to the 1980 Rose Bowl where they lost to USC 17-16.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

A large amount of todays successful coaches have ties to
Ohio State, or the state of Ohio.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya but lets give both of the men credit,They both run good programs!I am an OSU fan but a blatant realist as well!USC has the better team right now PERIOD!Not saying that cant change but we would'nt be having this conversation about how great they are if they did'nt have good players and a reputation for winning! ;-)

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Pete doesn't have a strong tie to OSU, his tie was to Earl Bruce. When Earl and Pete became close was when he was at Minnesota I believe.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Good call, but had he not been at OSU I wonder where his path would have led him.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

I agree that this thread has gotten off topic and I will say this, I know someone who knows Pete Carrol and he said that he is a great man and a respectable coach.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

I watched it and I'll admit that I am not a fan of Pete Carroll. I was impressed and may have changed my mind a little. These things are what great coaches do. He should be given credit for those works and I respect him for them. I think USC still has other issues however. I recall a little problem with Reggie Bush. What happened in that case can someone bring me up to date on that? I hadn't heard the outcome of that investigation. As far as the comment about Clarett I think Ohio State handled that situation in the right way. I'm not so sure about some of the issues at USC.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

I saw it and it opened my eyes to how good of a person he is.
It surprised me completely.

Return to “College Sports”