Meatchicken losing players

ballparent
S

Re: Meatchicken losing players

Post by ballparent »

Orestes quote:

Is William Campbell really eliminating Michigan from consideration or is he playing the game?

I am also hearing some rumblings about Fitz....

peake quote:

I heard to expect him to put on an OSU hat then thow it on the ground and put on a UM cap. He is going to Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/article/20081228/SPORTS06/81228025/1048

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I just hope UM fans are ready to sack up and bash Campbell for "playing games" with his recruitment. They blasted TP for keeping UM and PSU involved while all along thinking OSU. Even TP didn't claim to have eliminated OSU. Campbell is doing both.

If the cap gets tossed it's even worse.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Here are your players leaving Michigan behind after RR took over:

Zion Babb, Jason Kates, Artis Chambers, Sam McGuffie, Carson Butter, Avery Horn, and Cory Zirbels career is over d/t injury. That's 6 players leaving! I know we will hear how the sucked, didn't start or were thugs and RR didn't want them anyway.
Yawn!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

From TomBeaver who is in San Antonio with Big Will----"Big Will: 51% at 7:45 EST Sunday night" michigan.scout.com

If a kid goes above 50%----99% of the time it means he is going to UM.

Check Michigan's directory---he is enrolled as of today, but he is also enrolled at Miami, FL. Coach want's UM, Mom want's UM, teammates are going to UM---see my above post.

If the cap gets tossed it's even worse

It's one thing to lead a coach on as if you are going to go to Michigan, it is another to have good fun. Josh Jenkins did the same thing last year, it is ok with me.

Zion Babb, Jason Kates, Artis Chambers, Sam McGuffie, Carson Butter, Avery Horn, and Cory Zirbels career is over d/t injury. That's 6 players leaving! I know we will hear how the sucked, didn't start or were thugs and RR didn't want them anyway.
Yawn!

Have you noticed all but one is a Carr recruit? Babb---academics, Jason Kates---Depth Chart (see Will Cambell and Mike Martin), Artis Chambers---position switch depth chart, McGuffie---family problems, Butler (not Butter)---was asked to leave was should have been kicked off two years ago for his actions and discipline issues, Horn---was rumored to leave when RR came to town because he wouldn't have seen the field under Carr---RR told him to stay and see how it went, Zirbels shouldn't be on the list---He was going to start but tore every ligiment in his knee--he is also still on scholly, you also forgot Marquese Slocum---academics.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

C'mon guys, every program loses players. I know most are just trying to ruffle peake's feathers but I'll say this, the guy is loyal and informed. tOSU has lost a ton of talented players and continues to do so. Some would've never seen the field, some could have contributed (Underwood of UC) remember we recruited his brother to get him only to lose him and see him have success elsewhere. Maybe I am alone in wanting UM to have success until the last week of the year. How many BCS points did we earn this year in defeating them? It would benefit not to have them to contend with in recruiting but other programs recruit too and we will always have competition.

On a side note, I talked to Boren after the OSU-UM game and he said jokingly that he did not sign at UM to run track. I know other variables existed but what is wrong with trying to get a football team or player into shape and make them faster??? Bottom line, Lloyd the loser left them in a bad situation and only time will be able to tell the RR effect. His departure sure hurt WVU this year, see UC in the Orange Bowl.

People are giving McGuffie a hard time but the kid played big minutes this year and looked pretty good for his age playing TB with a weak line and absolutely NO passing game. I agree with peake, let's see others' hs highlight real and compare, the kid has skills! I am a Bucks fan and have been my entire life but let's be realistic. If UM sucks every year, and yes they did this year, then who are we really playing in our biggest game of the year. I liked the #1 vs #2 matchup!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Don't get me wrong. I hate Michigan to death. It has been 40 years since they had a losing season and it is fun to rub a little salt in the wound. But I would not want them down every year either as much as I hate to admit it. Beating them when they were undefeated was more gratifying than this year which I'm sure all Buckeye fans agree. This is what makes sports so much fun. You take your lumps and then you dish it out. What fun is there for feeling sorry for a team you know will come back soon. Its all part of the game and its the reason why we post on here. Anyone that takes it so personal that their BP explodes and ruins their life has some seriuos issues. :razz:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Anyone checking the High School Army All American updates?

Jamie Wood (OSU) had a bad day today. He was burnt several times in coverage today----including giving up a touchdown to Jeremy Gallon (Michigan), when he was matched up man-to-man.

Gallon (Michigan)---earned MVP for the East today catching three touchdown's (the only td's for the east). He was said to be uncoverable.

Bell (OSU)---Said to be the biggest hitter in the game---also had trouble in coverage.

Corey Brown (OSU)---playing wideout---had a pretty good day---I have seen the kid, he is a wideout not a DB.

JT Turner (UM)---Had a solid day---

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

peake wrote:Some little school maybe named TCU that will probably finish in the Top 10 this year.

McGuffie is a player, just needs to be a slot not a RB.

McGuffie was offered by the likes of USC and LSU, he can play.

HAHAHAHA---McSuckkie----I mean I would love to see your High School highlight film.

GO BUCKEYES!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This is from scout.com regarding the Army AA Teams.

Stock Up - J.T. Turner – Having seen Turner in the past we pegged him as a safety, but after seeing him here this week he is one of the best cover corners we have seen anywhere in the country. College coaches would love to have a 6-foot-2 lockdown cover guy to cover some of these new breed big wide receivers we are seeing in today’s game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

michigan.scout.com Tombeaver interview with Marcus Hall.

I had a chance to talk to the talented offensive tackle from Glennville, Ohio after this morning skills competition. GBW readers will be surprised with what he has to say.

Michigan fans had to be surprised when Hall told Scout.com's Bob Lichtenfels that he has an official visit date set with the Wolverines. According to Hall, that report is true.

"Yeah I'm going up there next week, January 9th for an official visit."

The Wolverines have been on and off Hall's list from the start, so it;s hard to believe they would have a realistic chance at obtaining his services. Apparently things have changed.

"I know they had a bad season, but that doesn't bother me. I still like them."

Known for being a buckeye pipeline, Hall said Glenville head coach Ted Ginn wouldn't have a problem with his star player choosing the Wolverines.

"He supports my decision, or I wouldn't be visiting Michigan. Actually, everything has been good between him and Michigan since coach Rich Rodriquez has been there."

So what is exactly is it going to take for the Wolverines to get his commitment over Illinois, Ohio State, Miami, and Tennessee?

"I'm just looking for that feeling on my visit. I want to major in sports medicine or business management, so that will be a factor. Plus I'm looking to play right away."

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Michigan' class is about to be big time. JT Turner is said to be a 5-star after scout reported he has been the best corner thus far, and Jeremy Gallon (most impressive offensive player thus far for the East) is said to go to a 4-star. Throw in Big Will (5-star) and things just got interesting.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Big Will just announced he is a Wolverine. JT Turner is said to be a 5-star now, and Je'Ron Stokes and Marcus Hall will both be headed to Michigan next week to visit. Marcus Hall's Dad===Michigan Fan.

BTW, McGuffie is now at Rice. His interview was done while he was wearing UM gear. Anyone still think he left because of RRod?

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

he misses his mommy and his daddy and the farm and his dog Buddy

haha i dont really know but his heart is split between the state of michigan and Texas

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Actually he is from a very bad family---he needed to be home (he is from Houston, no farm).

For Orestes:

Sam Webb (GoBlueWolverine)

However, as far as a rumor that IS true ... Brendan Gibbons told us after the game that a certain 'other' USAAB QB is hearing from Michigan now and 'just might' be interested ...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(shhhhh, it's Tahjh Boyd).

Je'Ron Stokes family would like him to play 3 hours or less from home ... and he's looking at U-M, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Illinois. Let's see, which school is the closest to three hours away from Philly ... hmmmm. Stay tuned. And, once again, his U-M visit is the 16th, not the 9th.

Marcus Hall. I chatted with Ted Ginn Sr. after the game ... he insists that he likes Rich Rod and the new-U staff, and that he'd be fine with sending a player there. In his postgame video interview after the game, Marcus admitted that OSU is his current leader, but HE insists that that's only because it's the only school he's visited. Stay tuned

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

sure glad UM is getting some good players. With that genius at the helm, there is no stopping them now. heck, they may even win a couple of home games next year. at least the excuses will be gone next year.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Orestes,

Is Nevada saying Marcus Hall====Buckeye?

After talking to some people and watching some interviews, it doesn't seem like OSU is the frontrunner at all. Dad likes Michigan, Marcus is tight with Big Will, wants to play right away---looks like UM would be a better fit.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:Orestes,

Is Nevada saying Marcus Hall====Buckeye?

After talking to some people and watching some interviews, it doesn't seem like OSU is the frontrunner at all. Dad likes Michigan, Marcus is tight with Big Will, wants to play right away---looks like UM would be a better fit.

Yeah. He has put the equals on him and so has a "Glenville" guy, but then again, it isn't an exact science.

If a guy visits and doesn't have a posse or coach almost forcing him to do so, a team always has a chance.

Nevada has also said that Morgan Moses with good enough academics = Buckeye.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

After listening to the interview with Hall, he doesn't seem like one of those "Glenville guys". Nevada is big on actions I know, and he hung with Big Will all week. In the interview he sounded as wideopen as open could be.

sidenote: Ted Ginn, Sr. didn't like Carr--big reason he didn't send kids to visit---but he does like RRod. Both Hall and Mike Edwards are visiting in the next week.

Along with those two: Je'Ron Stokes, Taijh Boyd, Sam Montgomery, and Willie Haulstead are all visitng in the next month. This is big time. If there is a visit, there is a chance.

Another sidenote: Fitz Toussiant is rumored to be ready to go. Grades are good enough is what is being said by the Mods.

I also love the reaction by the Buckeye fan's with Big Will---we didn't want him, he has grade problems, headcase---farthest thing from the truth. He is an honor student, early enrollment, coaches and teammates love him, and he did have an OSU offer.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

from michigan.scout.com

2. Marcus Hall. As I had mentioned, I talked to Ted Ginn Sr. for while a while at the Army Junior Combine. He stressed to me that he likes Rich Rod ... he also reminded me that when his son Ted Jr. was in HS that I knew that Teddy's favorite school was Michigan ... Ginn Sr. had told me that back when Teddy was a junior at the Army Combine. I was at the U-M Camp before Teddy's senior year when that all 'went South' ... Teddy did poorly at the camp as a corner (the source of my then-prescient pronouncement that: "Teddy Ginn is a wideout and kick returner") and ended basically in tears when old-U-M wouldn't offer him. That hurt Ginn-Sr's relationship with old-U, as did the tough time Pierre Woods had at U-M as well (altho that was mainly Pierre's own fault). However, all that is 'water under dam and over bridge' ... and Ginn Sr., as I say, likes RR. Does this mean Marcus Hall is anything other than a longshot for U-M? We are chicken to sayso ... Hall has only been to OSU, and many, many times, so he's semi-at-home there ... but Marcus told us twice this past week that P-T was the deal for him ... and WOTS is that that is a big worry for him at OSU.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Is he saying Ted Jr. didn't have a UM offer? Come on now.

That's as ridiculous as OSU fans who say they wouldn't be happy to have William Campbell.

If he didn't say that... then I take it back....

Return to “College Sports”