Duke v OSU

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Duke v OSU

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I am wondering how long Lebron and Wade had to stand in line to get tickets in the lower level......probably as long as Doc Rivers had to stand in line to get his seat....... :) :)

it looked like Oscar nite in Hollywood with all the celebrities in attendance.........

great win by the Buckeyes..........

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Yes, great win by a talented team. But it's not even December yet. Let's not get carried away based on this one game. Encouraging item-the defense can show up every night. But the B1G schedule is grinding and grueling. I don't see the Bucks getting through the season with less than 2 losses. But....based on the early returns, OSU and Kentucky have to be the favorites to meet on a certain Monday night in the early spring. Go Bucks!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Wow, the Buckeyes looked very impressive in this one. I didn't expect a blowout type game at all, especially against a Duke team that is good year in and year out.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

1. OSU is a very good team.

2. Bufford was the difference tonight. Duke had absolutely no answer for him.

3. Craft is a good defender, but notice he didn't guard Rivers because he is 6'1, he can't. Rivers is a 6'5 scoring machine, he would have made Craft look silly. My point about him being a good defender v someone like Hardaway Jr, he can only defend guards, unlike HJr who can guard multiple positions.

4. Sully reminds me of Elton Brand. Same type of build and same type of player.

5. I actually thought Mason Plumlee played really good D against Sully. In the first half Sully scored two on him, the rest came against Kelly or Miles.

6. I am really disappointed with the way the Duke guards played D. Absolutely no effort. I watched Dawkins trail a screen and just jog out on the closeout and boom his man drills a wideopen jumper. Dawkins is so one dimensional, and K needs to stop recruiting kids like him.

7. Physicality was huge here. Mason and Miles were the only ones who mixed it up with OSU. OSU has taken a page from MSU and crash the boards hard.

OSU is very good, Duke is what I thought they were, probably around the 6-10th best team in the country.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Craft could have guarded Rivers, wouldn't have stopped him, but would have slowed him down.

Instead, Matta put him on Curry, who is deadly from outside. Duke couldn't get the 3 going, and Craft was a huge part of that.

Matta made a decision to let Rivers play, and stop the other 4. It worked very well.

Plus, OSU was hitting everything they put up, and Duke's lack of effort on D was not helping.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

dazed&confused wrote:Yes, great win by a talented team. But it's not even December yet. Let's not get carried away based on this one game. Encouraging item-the defense can show up every night. But the B1G schedule is grinding and grueling. I don't see the Bucks getting through the season with less than 2 losses. But....based on the early returns, OSU and Kentucky have to be the favorites to meet on a certain Monday night in the early spring. Go Bucks!
UNC might have something to say about that.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

The Buckeyes are very talented and would have won this game under any circumstances. One thing about this game was every bounce went their way and that will not happen every night. Duke also played tired and that will not happen often either.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Dickie V said it best, Duke has basketball players but OSU has athletes. That was a dominating, beatdown performance against a Duke team that never seems down. OSU is loaded, should dominate the Big 10, Again. Questions on depth once again this year. I do not think there is a better shut down guard in the country better than Craft. I would LOVE to get another shot at KY. OSU fans also seemed pumped over Urban Myers too. Everything is turning the corner at OSU. Go Bucks!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

OHIO STATE HAS A FINE TEAM!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OSU plaued very very well against Duke. People in Central Kentucky are now paying attention.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Early in the season, but I don't think there's any question after this game that Ohio State has stamped itself as a serious national championship contender........Duke is still a good basketball team, but the Buckeyes completely dominated the Blue Devils.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

That was definitely the beatdown no one expected but it's early in the season and OSU needs to stay away from the injury bug and if they do that who knows how far they can go. They really looked better all-around the other night than I've seen them in a lot of years. Duke had no answers and that in itself is scary.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

To be honest I think that is a game OSU wins 9 out of 10 times due to matchup problems. Ohio State reminds me of the Florida State teams Duke struggles with.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

The way the Bucks played they would have beaten anyone on this night.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

IMO, Thomas was the difference in this game on offense. Both Buford and Sullinger will get their 15-20 each game, so it seems as the key to beating OSU would be limiting everyone else. Well, Duke had no answer for Thomas. He stepped outside and hit some shots but also played well around the rim. I think the key to beating OSU is a zone, as they no longer have Diebler and a fair amount of their offense revolves around the penetration and kick. Just my $.02, guess we'll see when they get beat.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Great gameplan from Matta to not get caught up in slowing down Rivers with Craft.

Instead Craft has made Steph Curry a non issue.

Rivers is very good, but OSU has focused on stopping the Duke team, not the Duke star.
I think you mean Seth Curry dubs. I feel very confident in saying Craft would not stand a chance if he had to guard Steph Curry. Seth is pretty good but shoots nowhere near as good as his older brother.

Return to “College Sports”