Rematch

gymrat88
JV Team

Re: Rematch

Post by gymrat88 »

If Oklahoma State and Stanford lose, and LSU wins the SEC West, then Boise State should play LSU in the National Championship, not Alabama. Of course if we had a playoff this would not even be a discussion as the two best teams would rise to the top and play for the national championship. But with the system we have now, allowing Alabama to play in the Championship over Boise State who is undefeated borders on anti-trust. Whether or not Alabama plays a better schedule, whether or not they came extremely close to beating LSU, Boise State has proven many (including me) wrong about what kind of a team and program they have. They are a force to be reckoned with, and the only reason that they will be excluded from the Championship is through flawed computer rankings and biased voters.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

BCS or No BCS the title game comes down to votes, which is flawed and is what the BCS was supposed to fix. It has failed miserably. Play it off and decide it on the field like every other major sport in the world!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

peake wrote:Florida and Bama met in what 08, and both were undefeated, Bama lost and went onto a bowl instead of the NC like they should have (then got stomped). Same applies.

Lets not make the SEC into this dominate force no one can compete with. Didn't Auburn beat Oregon by a FG last year? Not like they beat them by 50.

Anyways, a lot of football left to be played.

I do love the hypocrisy of the national media though. The Big Ten has parody and the are weak, the SEC has it and they are full of great teams. Hilarious.
In 08, Alabama was 12-0 and Florida was 11-1 and Florida won. In 2009, both were undefeated and Alabama won.

The SEC also had another game this past weekend between two top ten teams. Don't act like its just LSU and Alabama.

Hypocrisy? Win 5 in a row and you earn the benefit of the doubt.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Earned benefit of the doubt for the last 5 years??? The past is not suppose to effect what goes on this year. The teams in the past years are not playing this year. If you want to go by the last 5 years then Boise St should be the first pick because they have earned it.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

In my opinion if you don't hold serve at home, you don't deserve a title shot. They wouldn't give Michigan a shot at a rematch a few years ago. That loss was on the road. If bam a would have won by three, I'd say a rematch. I just don't think the National Champ should lose a home game

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If South Carolina is a top ten team then so is Michigan. South Carolina is a team that everyone pumped up because they have a great runningback who is no longer playing, and a head coach that for some reason is able to fool people into thinking his team is actually worth a crap. Congrats they have managed to lose to both ranked teams they've played and avoided playing Bama or LSU.

Who cares about the past 5 years? Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin aren't playing for Florida and Cam Newton is playing for the Carolina Panthers.

I echo what Dino said, plus they should be able to at minimum score a touchdown.

This thread is silly until we see how things shape out about a month from now. LSU and Bama could both lose again.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9-6 final score and we are talking about a possible rematch?

I am just not seeing many people want to watch paint dry again.

I also agree that if you cant win your conference title, you dont dance on the main stage.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wish we had 4 conferences - 4 team playoff right now.

I don't think Boise State deserves a chance to play for the National Championship based on their weak schedule. If Boise goes undefeated in an SEC, B1G, or PAC12, then yes, they deserve a chance.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Boise State atleast plays schools you have heard about before unlike some of the schools in the Big Conferences.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Ya know, I think nybuckeye is on to something.......You could have 4 , fourteen to sixteen team conferences...........Two semi final games and a championship game.........You could still use the bowl system for the playoffs, and lesser bowls for the weaker teams................hmmmmmm............. :12224

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

farmer wrote:Boise State atleast plays schools you have heard about before unlike some of the schools in the Big Conferences.
Boise plays the middle of the pack teams of a Big Conference until they play a Powerhouse and win NO they dont play in a National title game plus they say they will play anyone yeah thats true if the price is right. Coming from a guy who watched them play out here last week they are in no way shape or form ready to play in a title game.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ill say the team that has gone 69-5 since 2006 including 2 undefeated season, winning 4 conference titles, plus 3 bowl wins during that span.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

To be honest I really do hope they put Boise St. in this year and lets watch the worst National Title game in the History of the BCS.
If thats the case what about Houston I honestly think they would ROLL Boise so how bout we put them in??????? Im sorry I dont want to drink the Kool-Aid....

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

How exactly is it drinking kool-aid when they play, compete, and beat some of the top tier teams in the country?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Boise State def deserves a shot at the title. They have played on the big stage and shown they can beat the big guys.
As for a rematch no if you cant win your conference you dont deserve a shot. Besides this game was a snoozer do you really want that as your potential national title game?

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Will there be a rematch?: I believe so

Should there be a rematch?: No, what would it prove? If Bama wins the NC game then it proves that the regular season meeting means nothing. If LSU wins then it proves what we already knew, meanwhile Boise probably rolls whoever they play in their BCS game and they sit on the sidelines undefeated with no way to prove if they're better.

and LOL at Houston competeing with Boise

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

IF Oklahoma State and Stanford both lose, then I'm fine with a rematch.

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

What's laughable about Houston competing with Boise? The same could be said about Boise competing with LSU.

On a side note, who on Boise is going to slow down Keenum and Edwards?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Well the fact that Boise plays legit powerhouse teams and not only competes but beats them on the regular makes me give the edge to Boise. Maybe Houston this one year could compete with and possibly beat Boise, but not on the regular.

Look at the schedule and the most impressive win for Houston is a 4 point win over an average UCLA team that is on the verge of firing their coach. Meanwhile Boise went on the road and put it all over the SEC East leader. Not to mention conference USA sucks.

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

I wouldn't call Georgia a legit powerhouse, especially this year. They haven't beat anyone that's really any good. They luck out and miss Bama, LSU, and Arkansas. They beat Florida by 4, Vandy by 5, Tennessee by 8. Less than stellar by the SEC East leader.

Return to “College Sports”