SEC WITH TWO TEAMS IN THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP Will you watch?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Re: SEC WITH TWO TEAMS IN THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP Will you watc

Post by WitnessProtection »

Yes. Absolutely.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

YES! The two best teams should play in the title, no matter whether or not it's a replay. End of discussion.

This does, however, give playoff advocates much more ammunition. I'd say they want this to happen too.

Fuzzmack
Waterboy

Post by Fuzzmack »

No way!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

They say we don't have a playoff because the regular season is the playoff. If the regular season is the playoff than make it mean something! Bama out, NC game Houston vs LSU but the BCS wouldn't want that. LSU beat Alabama and yet Alabama is sitting better than LSU. They are already in and don't have to play a conference championship. What a joke that will be, your BCS NC is not champion of their own conference.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

So you're saying that you would rather see the big 10 champ( Mich St or Wisconsin) or the PAC 10 champ (Oregon St or UCLA) play LSU??? You have to be kidding!!! Just because your favorite team isn't in the BCS championship game you're not going to watch it???

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I will be watching. I think it will be LSU and Alabama. In my opinion, I think Alabama is the better team. I know they lost to LSU eariler because of bad field goal attempts, but this time they will be ready. They have the best defense in the country, been in the top three BCS rankings all year, and might have the next Heisman trophy winner in Trent Richardson. They are the number two team in the nation, losing their only game to LSU and want another chance at them. I don't care if its all SEC, Big Ten, Pac Ten, etc., The two top teams in the BCS should play.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

So when Florida and Urban Meyer complained that Michigan shouldn't play OSU again for the NC because they didn't win their conference we should have listened, but now we should just ignore that same logic because it is the SEC?

If you can't win your own conference, you don't deserve to play for a National Title....period.

Yes the nation gets the top two teams in the SEC are really good, but the rest of the conference is supposed to impress us all? Congrats Arkansas got destroyed by LSU and Bama, I am so impressed with them beating up on an average middle of the conference then getting their tail handed to them v LSU and Bama. Hell Penn St gave bama a better game then Arkansas, WVU and Oregon was more entertaining then what Arkansas could produce.

Hopefully Oklahoma State wins out and they will jump Bama.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Alabama's best win is over #9 Arkansas, so if Oklahoma State beats #9 Oklahoma then what?

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

You will not find a bigger advocate of a playoff system than me... And yes I said at the time that if OSU and MICH were the top two teams then they should play in the BCS!!! But the current system is what it is and LSU and Alabama are currently  and !!! I'm a big Notre Dame and Ohio State fan But I think LSU and Alabama could handle anyone in the big 10!!! Really the only with an argument would be Stanford or Oklahoma St!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I still don't think a playoff is needed. And I don't like the current BCS set-up. I liked the old way of doing things. Big 10 vs. Pac 10 (or whatever) in the Rose and let the conferences play out the traditional bowl tie-ins. Co-champions? Oh well.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Do I need to go back and pull quotes from nearly every analyst on how you shouldn't play for a national title if you can't win your own conference? Hell Urban Meyer used it to help his team win a popularity contest over Michigan to get in.

So Michigan who lost to OSU in 06 by a field goal shouldn't get to play in the national title but Alabama should this year?

Here is the thing, you think Bama or LSU would spank any big ten school. Wisconsin had no problem beating Penn State far worse then Bama did. How do we even begin to say who would win?

Anyways it is probably happening, but oh well now we have to listen to the SEC PR machine tell us how great they are. No two teams are really good and the rest of your conference gets their tails kicked by the top two. The rest of the conference doesn't scare me one bit.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

peake wrote:Do I need to go back and pull quotes from nearly every analyst on how you shouldn't play for a national title if you can't win your own conference? Hell Urban Meyer used it to help his team win a popularity contest over Michigan to get in.

So Michigan who lost to OSU in 06 by a field goal shouldn't get to play in the national title but Alabama should this year?

Here is the thing, you think Bama or LSU would spank any big ten school. Wisconsin had no problem beating Penn State far worse then Bama did. How do we even begin to say who would win?

Anyways it is probably happening, but oh well now we have to listen to the SEC PR machine tell us how great they are. No two teams are really good and the rest of your conference gets their tails kicked by the top two. The rest of the conference doesn't scare me one bit.
It will have a lot of people sleeping

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Just curious peake... Who do you want to see in the BCS championship??? Can't be Stanford..they won't be the PAC 10 champs!!! You want Oklahoma State after they lost to a very bad Iowa St team??? So who do you think??? Comparing scores is crazy... As bad as I hate to admit it Notre Dame is slightly better than an average team but killed Michigan St!!! I'm not trying to make you mad but who do you want in the BCS title game??

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I would find it funny if Georgia were to upset LSU in the SEC championship and ruin everyones plans. Which granted LSU could lose and still play in the BCS title but Georgia would then get the AQ for the sec and knock Alabama out of the title. Unless the BCS changed the 2 team per conference limit.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I would love to see Georgia win.

Well whoever wins their conference and is next in line. If it is Oklahoma State so be it. Doesn't bother me they lost to a bad Iowa State team, they won their conference and BEAT the #9 team in the country, just like Bama's best win.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

If Georgia wins the SEC title, there will be 3 SEC BCS teams.

1 Alabama vs. 2 LSU in the title game

Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Why are you keeping so quite Mr. Urban Meyer himself, no knowledge to drop on us?

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:If Georgia wins the SEC title, there will be 3 SEC BCS teams.

Has the BCS format changed to where they allow more than 2 teams per conference to play in BCS games. I know it used to always be 2 per conference but remember talks of changing that rule but never heard if they did

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Florida coach Urban Meyer said Sunday a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State would be cause for immediate change to the BCS. “If that does happen, all the [university] presidents need to get together immediately and put together a playoff system,” he said. “I mean like now, January or whenever to get that done.”

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:If Georgia wins the SEC title, there will be 3 SEC BCS teams.

Has the BCS format changed to where they allow more than 2 teams per conference to play in BCS games. I know it used to always be 2 per conference but remember talks of changing that rule but never heard if they did
It's two, but this is a special circumstance.

All three would be getting auto bids.

Return to “College Sports”