Ohio State Football Coach Wish List

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Re: Ohio State Football Coach Wish List

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Dubs, what's the word in Columbus on Meyer being new coach or keeping fickell around. I haven't heard anything and you seem to have the inside track to alot of information up there. Don't hear much down here around chesapeake lol. To what extent is it being considered pretty much a lock

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

According to NEvadabuck the list looks like this:
1-Meyer
2-Dantonio
3-Luke

No one else.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Not big on Dantonio. I have said my peace on Fickell.

Will Meyer have IMMEDIATE success at OSU? Maybe not. They have the horses and the advantage Meyer has it that he is not completely out of the loop. I am sure he does a lot of homework on different football teams throughout his work through E$PN.

The main concern right now is Offensive Coordinator. Bollman's playbook looks like it came from at Jr high program. QB run right. QB run left. RB off tackle.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

^^^ don't forgot wildcat RB dive lol...whether it's fickell, Meyer or whoever, the offense needs a face lift. They have alot of young talented skill players in Hyde, hall, miller, smith, reed and so on that gained some valueable experience thais year. They could somehow find a way to utilize them much better than years past. The defenses there. Aside from injuries, they have carried us all year. Defense usually is not a issue of concern. We just gotta be able to put points on the board to help out and that's not happening.

If Meyer does come hopefully fickell stays as DC

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Any word on the hankins kid?????

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

VegasEagle wrote:Any word on the hankins kid?????
MRI result says its not season ending.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Dubs, what's the word in Columbus on Meyer being new coach or keeping fickell around. I haven't heard anything and you seem to have the inside track to alot of information up there. Don't hear much down here around chesapeake lol. To what extent is it being considered pretty much a lock
Fickell win a ton of support post Wisconsin. He has nearly lost it all after the past 2 weeks.

As for Urban, it has varied from 99.999999999% to somewhere about 55% if I had to put a number on the low end.

Right now, I think the AD situation is holding some things up. Gene is in trouble FINALLY!
I don't think the future NCAA ruling has much to do with any decision by Meyer.

If I was putting Vegas type numbers on it, I'd make Urban the front runner of about 3 maybe 4 guys, and set his odds at 5:1. Dantonio would be around 20:1 and Fickell would come in at about 25:1

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Dubs, what's the word in Columbus on Meyer being new coach or keeping fickell around. I haven't heard anything and you seem to have the inside track to alot of information up there. Don't hear much down here around chesapeake lol. To what extent is it being considered pretty much a lock
Fickell win a ton of support post Wisconsin. He has nearly lost it all after the past 2 weeks.

As for Urban, it has varied from 99.999999999% to somewhere about 55% if I had to put a number on the low end.

Right now, I think the AD situation is holding some things up. Gene is in trouble FINALLY!
I don't think the future NCAA ruling has much to do with any decision by Meyer.

If I was putting Vegas type numbers on it, I'd make Urban the front runner of about 3 maybe 4 guys, and set his odds at 5:1. Dantonio would be around 20:1 and Fickell would come in at about 25:1
What the chances of Archie being the A.D after Smith gets canned???? I have heard that rumor tossed out there

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:^^^ don't forgot wildcat RB dive lol...whether it's fickell, Meyer or whoever, the offense needs a face lift. They have alot of young talented skill players in Hyde, hall, miller, smith, reed and so on that gained some valueable experience thais year. They could somehow find a way to utilize them much better than years past. The defenses there. Aside from injuries, they have carried us all year. Defense usually is not a issue of concern. We just gotta be able to put points on the board to help out and that's not happening.

If Meyer does come hopefully fickell stays as DC

Oh yeah I forgot the Wildcat. That is a shocker as to where that play is going!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

'dubs.......... Mason???????????????? Really?????? I mean REALLY??????

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

frank-n-beans wrote:'dubs.......... Mason???????????????? Really?????? I mean REALLY??????

Mason looks like a guru to me the job he did at Minnesota. Look what they have done since he left.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

He was basically hired at OSU 2 days before they announced Tress.

He is so far down my list that he'll never get the offer, and in reality shouldn't.

But, in a hypothetical world, if the coaches listed above Glenn Mason on my list all refuse the offer, then YES, I'd take Glenn Mason 11 years after he was originally offered the job!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mason is way past his due date for this job and if they hire Dantonio that will be a huge mistake where there will still be no "offensive" mind running this program. Go with Mr. Meyer if you want some exciting football and big bowl games because he will get rid of Bollman and that offense in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

We'll have big bowl games regardless of who is there.
Bollman is also gone regardless of who is there!

I don't want a high powered "exciting" offense with any sacrifice at all to OSU's defensive tradition.

I also want consistency, not 13-0, 8-4, 8-4, 12-1, 7-5, 13-0, 8-4!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Just got a text that said Urban=Buckeye done deal. 7.5 million.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Not yet...Officially. see thread for summation of this post.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Wheres WhitnessProtection at????????

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Also posted on the Scout.com thread

VegasEagle,
First off, extremely wrong on my part to "out" your story. I apologize. At the very least, I owe you a dinner for that.
Secondly, it does, indeed, appear that your story is gaining traction on a daily basis.
Finally, you are The Man. I am just full of crap.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Patterson
4. Peterson
5. Sweet Lou

#1 ain't gonna happen
#'s 2-4 could happen
#5 ain't gonna happen, he's been dead too long :122249 :122249 :122249 :122249 :122249

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

#2 is a done deal.

Return to “College Sports”