WSAZ bias toward Ohio State

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

WSAZ bias toward Ohio State

Post by usahockey1980 »

Last night on the 11 o'clock news WSAZ sports reported that Ohio State lost to Minnesota. This is a continuing problem for us in southern Ohio. Whether its sports, Ohio news or anything about Ohio we get the short end of the stick. Yet we are forced to watch the West Virginia stations. I know more about Charleston West Virginia than about Columbus or what goes on in the state house. We need to be able to choose our stations.

Orestes
S

Re: WSAZ bias toward Ohio State

Post by Orestes »

usahockey1980 wrote:Last night on the 11 o'clock news WSAZ sports reported that Ohio State lost to Minnesota. This is a continuing problem for us in southern Ohio. Whether its sports, Ohio news or anything about Ohio we get the short end of the stick. Yet we are forced to watch the West Virginia stations. I know more about Charleston West Virginia than about Columbus or what goes on in the state house. We need to be able to choose our stations.

They probably aren't bias, just incompetent.

And yes, my father had battled this issue for a while. He rarely watches the networks, except for news and sports. He wanted the Columbus stations. Finally, he lied to DTV and told them that his home base was in Logan, Ohio and he received the Columbus Stations.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

WSAZ isn't quite as incompetent as WTAP...

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

haha you got that right...WTAP is AWFUL

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

WTAP really needs to revamp their system....if you know what I mean........

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I have a problem with us getting the Huntington and Charleston stations as well. I try to watch 10 out of Columbus or 5 out of Cincinnati, especially 5 when bad weather is headed our way. Heck, we'd be dead in southern Ohio waiting on Channel 3 to get something on the air.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

I think ch 3 does alot better than 13 news.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

alabama mike wrote:I have a problem with us getting the Huntington and Charleston stations as well. I try to watch 10 out of Columbus or 5 out of Cincinnati, especially 5 when bad weather is headed our way. Heck, we'd be dead in southern Ohio waiting on Channel 3 to get something on the air.

I almost ALWAYS watch the news on WLWT out of Cincinnati [Ch 20 - which Time Warner has now chosen not to identify] but occasionally on WBNS out of Columbus [which Time Warner has chosen to eliminate].
I understand perfectly that I have no choice or say in my cable provider or in FCA rules which mandate that I [an Ohio resident] must watch WV based stations. The minute Time Warner quits providing me with any Ohio [Columbus and Cincinnati] stations is the minute I quit Time Warner.
The ONLY thing that is keeping me a TW customer is the continued availability of WLWT NEWS. TW already cancelled Columbus WBNS - my guess is that Cincinnati WLWT is next. In which case I'm gone from TW!
Why on earth do cable providers have the right to force individuals to subscribe to their service and pay their fees based on the decision of some polititians.

Sorry - we [me in particular] are way off the College Sports topic here.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

True, true caglewis. We are off topic..let's get back to college sports talk.......

Return to “College Sports”