Week 12: OSU vs. PSU

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Week 12: OSU vs. PSU

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Well, what do you know. PSUFan stuck around, if they would have lost he would have disappeared for a year.

Anyway, good game by PSU.
It was Bollman's last game in the Shoe, Thank God!
Tom Bradley sounded very good during the post game presser, sounded very professional.

PSU has now won 2 games in The Shoe in my lifetime, and I'm 32.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

El Matador defense in the Big Ten won't cut it. Seals the deal for Fickle, he's toast. Fickel loses to Michigan next week and Gene Smith looks like an even bigger buffoon and moron than what the general population already feels and believes.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Oh, and the crap coming out of the Happy Valley faithful on some other websites concerning their program, their former coach, and discounting what is alleged to have occurred to boost up their egos with this "win" today is disgusting. I'm shutting off the computer.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Jay Paterno and Tom Bradley, both praised the Buckeye fans today for their atmosphere in light of both scandals, and their well wishes for the Paterno family.

Said they were first class all the way.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone else besides me wonder why the next to last play of the game that was ruled an incomplete pass wasn't reviewed? On the replay it sure looked like he had it secured as he came down and the ball was then ripped from his hands for a fumble out of bounds. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully this is the last game this staff will coach at The Shoe. Pathetic performance by them today.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It was Bollman's last home game, regardless of staff next year!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:It was Bollman's last home game, regardless of staff next year!
I typically stay out of OSU and college football stuff, everyone knows I'm a HS football fanatic, that is where my passion lies.

That being said, as a long-time supporter of tOSU, and a Buckeye fan for more than 40 years, the dismissal of this program's long time recognized Achilles' Heel is long overdue.

He can take Metallica's lead and do the "I Disappear" into the sunset, in my book. Can't believe that this level of incompetence was allowed to continue for so damned long.

Players and fans deserve much better. Best first step in fixing a severely broken program, IMHO.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

why in the world do we have the wildcat in our offense. we have a qb who is more mobile and shifty than either of our running backs. what do you possibly gain by having boom or hall run it out of that formation, if anything it tips of the defense that we are running, they can stick 9 in the box without having to worry about the pass. the offense has no imagination at all. i would love to know the play by play on the play calling all season. i bet we have ran the ball off tackle on first down 95% of the time this year. and i bet we have ran it more than 60% on 2nd no matter the distance. if they had a category for the team that put themselves in 3rd and more than 7 each series, we would lead the nation. i was surprised that our defense had the struggles they had with the penn st. offense but it seemed like we were prepared to defend the pass a lot on 3rd down and they were running it instead. the defensive stand at the 2 yard line for 4 downs was incredible. considering how long the defense has spent on the field at times this year i think heacock has done a fantastic job this year. this defense is thin at linebacker and they are as young all over as any defense i can remember in the last 10 years. the 22 kids in the 2 deep are all underclassmen except for about 2 or 3 and many are true and redshirt freshman. a lot of people are calling for fickell to be gone next year if meyer takes over and not be d. coord. i have no problem with him staying but i think you have to keep heacock too. he has a wealth of experience and our defense has been among the best for the last several years under those guys. the offense needs a complete overhaul.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Anyone else besides me wonder why the next to last play of the game that was ruled an incomplete pass wasn't reviewed? On the replay it sure looked like he had it secured as he came down and the ball was then ripped from his hands for a fumble out of bounds. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully this is the last game this staff will coach at The Shoe. Pathetic performance by them today.
I saw it too,replay did show a catch then a fumble, but probably wouldn't mattered anyway O-State would have done something stupid after that and game would have been over regardless,,, I want to say thanks to the Penn State coaches for keeping us in that game a little longer than we should have,can't believe they went for that 4th down after being stuffed 3 times before that and a chip shot field goal there and it was over early, but they got stuffed again and O-State was still on life support.. before that 4th down penalty finally pulled the plug

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

C-Bolt wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Anyone else besides me wonder why the next to last play of the game that was ruled an incomplete pass wasn't reviewed? On the replay it sure looked like he had it secured as he came down and the ball was then ripped from his hands for a fumble out of bounds. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully this is the last game this staff will coach at The Shoe. Pathetic performance by them today.
I saw it too,replay did show a catch then a fumble, but probably wouldn't mattered anyway O-State would have done something stupid after that and game would have been over regardless,,, I want to say thanks to the Penn State coaches for keeping us in that game a little longer than we should have,can't believe they went for that 4th down after being stuffed 3 times before that and a chip shot field goal there and it was over early, but they got stuffed again and O-State was still on life support.. before that 4th down penalty finally pulled the plug

Whether it would have led to something or not I thought all plays like that were automatically reviewed by the review official. He dropped the ball on that one, unlike the OSU receiver who did not.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i had a question on the pass play that was reviewed where the penn st reciever was ruled to have caught the ball out of out of bounds and there was a defensive holding call on the play on osu that set them up 1st and goal from the 2 and osu held them 4 straight. its a mute point but on the review it was ruled he was out of bounds before he caught it. but isnt the rule that if you voluntarly go out of bounds then are the first person to come back in and catch it , its a penalty. wouldnt that have made it offsetting penaltys and not given them the 1st and goal. just asking i didnt get the whole explanation on the play.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Your right should have been a penalty on that one because earlier in the game Blackledge was quick to point out an OSU reciever coming back in to catch one would have been penalized but instead the replay showed he was forced out then Blackledge dropped it and said it was alright,,,he conveniently stayed quiet when the PSU receiver went out on his own :122246

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Well, what do you know. PSUFan stuck around, if they would have lost he would have disappeared for a year.

Anyway, good game by PSU.
It was Bollman's last game in the Shoe, Thank God!
Tom Bradley sounded very good during the post game presser, sounded very professional.

PSU has now won 2 games in The Shoe in my lifetime, and I'm 32.
3 wins in the shoe. 2 wins as a big ten contender and 1 win in the 70's when psu was independent. paterno vs woody. remember it well. it was a gg also.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Like I said, 2 in my lifetime, I was born in 79.

All 3 were against freshmen QBs.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Steely Dan wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:It was Bollman's last home game, regardless of staff next year!
I typically stay out of OSU and college football stuff, everyone knows I'm a HS football fanatic, that is where my passion lies.

That being said, as a long-time supporter of tOSU, and a Buckeye fan for more than 40 years, the dismissal of this program's long time recognized Achilles' Heel is long overdue.

He can take Metallica's lead and do the "I Disappear" into the sunset, in my book. Can't believe that this level of incompetence was allowed to continue for so damned long.

Players and fans deserve much better. Best first step in fixing a severely broken program, IMHO.

Wasn't Bollman with Tressel at Youngstown State?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Like I said, 2 in my lifetime, I was born in 79.

All 3 were against freshmen QBs.
pretty decent freshmen QBs too dub. 78 qb was a dandy for a freshmen. what is the all time series wins-losses now? pretty sure its tied 13-13. not 100% sure. it might be 14-13.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

WitnessProtection wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:

Wasn't Bollman with Tressel at Youngstown State?
Yes sir, I believe so. Allegiance is blinding!!!!!!!

Return to “College Sports”