Maurice Clarett

Buckeyefan03
Riding the Bench

Maurice Clarett

Post by Buckeyefan03 »

I was looking at Ohio University's campus newspaper website and I found an interesting story about Maurice Clarett taking classes from OU while in prison.

http://www.thepost.ohiou.edu/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=27377

Seems as though he wants to get his life back to normal. Thoughts?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Maurice Clarett

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Anything is better than being chased around 270 with automatic weapons
and grey goose vodka

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

I saw ESPN did a story on thier website about this. Interesting.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

So are kids going to announce that they are going to prison so they can recieve a college education? With tuition going sky high, any help would be great.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope he gets his life in order. Such a wasted football talent!!! I hope he can get straightend out and become a good citizen.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

i agree orange and brown...what a waste..this guy was a absolute load when he played 4 the buckeyes!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Orange and Brown wrote:I hope he gets his life in order. Such a wasted football talent!!! I hope he can get straightend out and become a good citizen.

How about his academic "talent" [or lack thereof]??? But he still got a full scholarship - but couldn't be bothered to go to class.
I find it very upsetting that responsible kids with good grades are frequently offered only "walk-on" [non-scholarship, no-money] status as athletes; and even more upsetting that one has to be athletically [never mind academics] talented to be eligible for scholarship money to get an education.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

caglewis wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I hope he gets his life in order. Such a wasted football talent!!! I hope he can get straightend out and become a good citizen.

How about his academic "talent" [or lack thereof]??? But he still got a full scholarship - but couldn't be bothered to go to class.
I find it very upsetting that responsible kids with good grades are frequently offered only "walk-on" [non-scholarship, no-money] status as athletes; and even more upsetting that one has to be athletically [never mind academics] talented to be eligible for scholarship money to get an education.

Maurice Clarett was a good high school student. He had offers from Notre Dame and Virginia.

Also, there is such a thing as academic scholarships, so you don't have to be athletically talented to be eligible.

Why shouldn't this athletic talent be rewarded with a scholarship? It's just another talent, just like math talent. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and people pay to watch some athletic talent. That's called capitalism. People donate to see his talent, so he received the scholarship.

Academic talent that is as "exceptional" (aka unusual, irreplaceable) as MoC's talent will be rewarded with a scholarship.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Return to “College Sports”