Thanks for the memories...

marshallman
Varsity

Re: Thanks for the memories...

Post by marshallman »

OK, which one was suspended on the radio for bashing the Herd on the radio after a game with Woody Woodrum? Also, I know people on the inside at Marshall who are big boosters that know alot that goes on. Anyway, Who cares? I don't want to get into it again with a reincarnation nor does anyone else.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

I recently got a new job working a few more hours, and I am getting married soon, so I just don’t have the time I used to.

Don't do it son !!! Once you say "I do", well, you done it. :122245 :122245 :122245

Congrats, and like BG77 said, you'll be back.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

OK, which one was suspended on the radio for bashing the Herd on the radio after a game with Woody Woodrum?

I believe you still have the wrong person, although I do know that peake was more realistic in his approach then Woody, and something along those lines may have happend. If you want to listen to someone that can be objective listen to Paul Swann. Woody will make you believe that Marshall just beat someone by 40 when The Herd lost by three touchdowns.

Also, I know people on the inside at Marshall who are big boosters that know alot that goes on.

Don't we all? I am a Big Green member, so what. I know Mr. Thacker who works for ISP and I am not going around saying I know anymore then the regular person. I think your chip on your shoulder is because you believe there is no way someone can know more then you. A lot of people know more then me, oh well. What does any of it matter?

I don't want to get into it again with a reincarnation nor does anyone else

I think for myself. I am only defending someone who I call a friend. So far I have witnessed you insult someone, all the while you are calling out someone for doing the same. I have watched you measure how much you know versus another person, while at the same time talking about how that is annoying to you and everyone else. You were not accurate in describinig who Peake is twice, yet you know more about Marshall then anyone.

I am tired of reading the same hypocritcal oath, and having it repeated back to me and everyone else.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

From one Peake grad to another good luck in everything you do Peake. Hey if ya have a kid ya should think about bring him back "home" we could always use another good athlete. :lol:

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

avalanche wrote:
OK, which one was suspended on the radio for bashing the Herd on the radio after a game with Woody Woodrum?

I believe you still have the wrong person, although I do know that peake was more realistic in his approach then Woody, and something along those lines may have happend. If you want to listen to someone that can be objective listen to Paul Swann. Woody will make you believe that Marshall just beat someone by 40 when The Herd lost by three touchdowns.

Also, I know people on the inside at Marshall who are big boosters that know alot that goes on.

Don't we all? I am a Big Green member, so what. I know Mr. Thacker who works for ISP and I am not going around saying I know anymore then the regular person. I think your chip on your shoulder is because you believe there is no way someone can know more then you. A lot of people know more then me, oh well. What does any of it matter?

I don't want to get into it again with a reincarnation nor does anyone else

I think for myself. I am only defending someone who I call a friend. So far I have witnessed you insult someone, all the while you are calling out someone for doing the same. I have watched you measure how much you know versus another person, while at the same time talking about how that is annoying to you and everyone else. You were not accurate in describinig who Peake is twice, yet you know more about Marshall then anyone.

I am tired of reading the same hypocritcal oath, and having it repeated back to me and everyone else.

Stop beating a dead horse? WOW, where have I heard that before? Anyway, I never said I knew more than anyone about Marshall but I do know alot and also a big green member. This thread is dead, time to move on.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

This thread was dead from the moment people starting insulting someone saying goodbye.

Some people do not have enough class to be the bigger person and politely walk away.

Here is a good example of being mature.

Well, believe it or not but you were the first one I posted a reply too!
I know I gnawed on your nerves, but hey, you like Michigan, what can I say but nice debating with you

You waited untill someone else started spouting out and insulting people to join in. That tells me a bit about your character.

Stop beating a dead horse? WOW, where have I heard that before?

Beat a dead horse? What are you talking about? I never used that phrase in my lexicon. I am only pointing out your hypocritical statements and inaccuracies.

I never said I knew more than anyone about Marshall but I do know alot and also a big green member

Here is another example of being hyporitical.

[I think I know as much about Marshall as peake if not more. Considering I played for them, graduated from there and go to all the games/quote]

Also, I know people on the inside at Marshall who are big boosters that know alot that goes on

You did exactly what you said you did not. I only call them like I see them. You can all me the reincarnation all that you want. I prefer to have intelligent conversation, but when someone is writing blatant misinformation, I will call you out on it.

On a side note: You claim to have vast amounts of knowledge when it comes to Marshall Athletics, yet you have misindetified who you thought peake was twice. Someone who knows as much as you should know who he is. :oops:

I agree that it is time to move on, and if you do not have something constructive to add, then you should not post.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

There seem to be a mixed reaction to Peake leaving the site. I can understand the reason for those mixed reactions. It is obvious Peake has rubbed some the wrong way.

Avalanche, if I could make a suggestion, just let it go and the thread will die. I'm not here to argue with you but after reading some of your posts I can see why some would call you the "reincarnation". You use some of the same insults as Peake... questioning other posters intelligence. You or he might be the most intelligent person on the site but I really don't think anyone here cares. You might try treating people with a little respect even if they don't agree with you. This is America, a country where everyone has the freedom to voice their opinions. That is one of the great things about living here. Take my suggestion however you want. As I said before, I am not here to argue with you and regardless of how you respond I am done with this thread.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Good Luck with everything Peak--drop in here and there anyway

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I am only argumentative when I feel that someone is describing something/someone inaccurately, or they are being hypocritical.

There is a huge difference in the way I post and peake does. I merely question motives. Peake would flat out call you an idiot from the posts I have read. I feel no need to insult anyone. I call them like I see it, but in a respectful manner.

You might try treating people with a little respect even if they don't agree with you. This is America, a country where everyone has the freedom to voice their opinions.

Someone can be upset with me all they want. I engage each poster with respect and give them a chance to explain themselves with intelligent insight. If the poster chooses to respond in a respectful manner, I will oblige them with a respectful rebuttal.

I understand you do not want to argue, but I will respond because I feel the need to explain myself. I am not here to make enemies, I am here to enjoy respectful and mature conversation.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Raiderball wrote:There seem to be a mixed reaction to Peake leaving the site. I can understand the reason for those mixed reactions. It is obvious Peake has rubbed some the wrong way.

Avalanche, if I could make a suggestion, just let it go and the thread will die. I'm not here to argue with you but after reading some of your posts I can see why some would call you the "reincarnation". You use some of the same insults as Peake... questioning other posters intelligence. You or he might be the most intelligent person on the site but I really don't think anyone here cares. You might try treating people with a little respect even if they don't agree with you. This is America, a country where everyone has the freedom to voice their opinions. That is one of the great things about living here. Take my suggestion however you want. As I said before, I am not here to argue with you and regardless of how you respond I am done with this thread.

My thoughts exactly. I don't need to explain my thoughts, feeling or errors. If you want respect, than earn it. I only said I knew as much about Marshall if not more than peake. I don't need to research into media people to know Marshall football. Anyway, you can have an intelligent conversation with yourself on this thread and cut and paste all the quotes you want about what people said but I said my goodbye and now its time to get back to sports. No one needs to explain anything to you just to keep an argument going. Let people say their goodbye the way they want and let it go! :roll:

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I don't need to explain my thoughts, feeling or errors.

No, but you can call other people out on theirs and not expect a reaction or response? A very intelligent remark.

If you want respect, than earn it

Earn respect? I have many different endeavors in which I earn respect. Respect is earned through honesty, integrity, and accuracy. I am argumentative when I feel someone who is posting arrogantly, and misrepereseting someone or certain facts.

Your first post went from we had our differences and so long, to, since someone has insulted someone else I can join in. That is not ok in my book.

I do not need to respond any further because it is very clear that type of poster I am dealing with.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

avalanche wrote:
I don't need to explain my thoughts, feeling or errors.

No, but you can call other people out on theirs and not expect a reaction or response? A very intelligent remark.

If you want respect, than earn it

Earn respect? I have many different endeavors in which I earn respect. Respect is earned through honesty, integrity, and accuracy. I am argumentative when I feel someone who is posting arrogantly, and misrepereseting someone or certain facts.

Your first post went from we had our differences and so long, to, since someone has insulted someone else I can join in. That is not ok in my book.

I do not need to respond any further because it is very clear that type of poster I am dealing with.

Thank goodness! The pot calling the kettle black. you can put that in your book :roll:

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Color me black :122246 :122245 :lol:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Perhaps we can all agree on this.....he's gone (maybe).

Some people are glad, some people seem sad.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I didn't want to respond anymore to this thread but that is too funny not to end on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Return to “College Sports”