Week 6: OSU @ Nebraska

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: OSU @ Nebraska

Post by Bleeding Red »

VegasEagle wrote:42 to 0 Nebraska as a Buckeye fan we are horrible........ Fact !!!!!!!!!!!
While OSU may not win the game, I dont see our D giving up 42 points!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if the d can force martinez to throw the ball some. they can make a game of it

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Bleeding Red wrote:
VegasEagle wrote:42 to 0 Nebraska as a Buckeye fan we are horrible........ Fact !!!!!!!!!!!
While OSU may not win the game, I dont see our D giving up 42 points!

I wouldnt be suprised though

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Nebraska is home. They are mad. Night game. Atmosphere will be crazy. Don't know what the score will be but Nebraska easy.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I can count on 1 hand how many times OSU tried to throw underneath. Its hard to get to a QB on a shotgun quick hitches and slants. Every pass they seemed to want was 15 or so yards, meaning the Dline had 3 or 4 seconds to get to Miller, and the Oline couldnt hold them that long. Now sometimes they were overwhelmed and outnumbered, but for the most part they were beat and beat bad.

If I see that play action option and then drop back pass 1 more time I am going to hurl! lol

Boom and Hall can carry the load, just cant abandon the run so quickly. Misdirection would be nice, but the Oline wont be able to give them the time. MSU's dline were honorary running backs as many times as they were in the backfield.

The Bucks D should be able to keep it respectful, less than 24 IMO. However, that putrid offense I witnessed Saturday will be hard pressed to get that close!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

eagles73 wrote:I can count on 1 hand how many times OSU tried to throw underneath. Its hard to get to a QB on a shotgun quick hitches and slants. Every pass they seemed to want was 15 or so yards, meaning the Dline had 3 or 4 seconds to get to Miller, and the Oline couldnt hold them that long. Now sometimes they were overwhelmed and outnumbered, but for the most part they were beat and beat bad.

If I see that play action option and then drop back pass 1 more time I am going to hurl! lol

Boom and Hall can carry the load, just cant abandon the run so quickly. Misdirection would be nice, but the Oline wont be able to give them the time. MSU's dline were honorary running backs as many times as they were in the backfield.

The Bucks D should be able to keep it respectful, less than 24 IMO. However, that putrid offense I witnessed Saturday will be hard pressed to get that close!

You are 100% spot on regarding the type of pass plays OSU has tried to run so far. Its either 10-15 yard out passes from Miller, or the homerun ball from Bauserman (No pun intended ;-) )

They need to develop the intermediate passing game in a hurry to take pressure off the RB's and run blocking.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

as much as it pained me to do it, i voted for da huskers. but hope my beloved bucks can get on track.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I voted for Buckeyes, but only out of refusal to vote otherwise.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Now with Herron and Posey not making the trip to Lincoln, the Buckeyes will have a severe uphill battle. With them I thought there could be a slight chance of pulling off the upset. Without them, I see no chance to move the ball and stay within 14 pts of Nebraska.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I voted for Buckeyes, but only out of refusal to vote otherwise.
What are you? A homer? :lol: j/k

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

This one could be ugly but... maybe OSU, with their backs against the wall come out and play inspired. So much press with the investigations has to be wearing on the players and staff.
On the other hand Nebraska coming off embarrassing loss at Wisc has something to prove.
I will be interested to see the line on this one.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

espn and some out in vegas has OSU 10---10 1/2 underdogs.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Woke up today actually thinking I was going to pick OSU in the upset,,,Nebraska is always overrated and Wisky proved it again over the weekend,,now this new crap comes out ,and out the window goes my upset prediction,,,Huskers probably win by 2 scores or more

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

No way OSU scores in the 20's. The two decent teams they have played in Miami and MSU they have scores 13 points. No way they go into Lincoln and score over 10, especially after the way Nebraskas D was embarrassed at Camp Randall last week.

I don't think people realize how good Wisconsin is yet. They have what is the best O by far and two of the best players in the Big 10 in Wilson and Ball and their D isn't bad either. If you think the beating they delivered to Nebraska was bad wait until they come to Columbus. Wisconsin is easily the class of of what appears to be a down Big 10 this year.

The only thing OSU can hope for is they somehow defend the option and force Martinez to pass. He is obviously a terrible passer and I still have no clue how that guy got a scholarship to a major D-1 program with that stinky arm. I dint care how good he runs the option.

All Nebraska needs to do though is kick a field goal or even get a safety and this one is probably over. This OSU offense is terrible at best and if they get put inside their own 10 all defenses need to do is pin their ears back and bring the house against one of the worst O-Lines in the country. Even if you don't get to the QB you will cause either an INT or incompletion cause neither of the QBs seem to be in sync with the receivers.

I think OSU defends the option decently but after a while that big Husker line will wear out OSUs D because they will feel like they are constantly on the field. Luckily for OSU, Nebraska won't score in the 40's cause their O isn't built built for that but they will get close.

Huskers - 34
OSU - 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

while i don't think nebraska is their normal selves , i watched them struggle with wyoming much of that game in laramie a week er so ago, on a replay.but we are in a complete meltdown stage right now, and have a full blown qb controversy.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I still think Nebraska is a few years away from even being contenders in the Big Ten. Regardless of OSU's idiotic player mistakes, OSU will not be crushed in Nebraska. I think OSU is still a better team, has anyone watched Nebraska at all? They are not that good. Nebraska will keep it close having the home field advantage and I think OSU has too many issues at the QB position to pull off a convincing win, really this one is a toss up.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:while i don't think nebraska is their normal selves , i watched them struggle with wyoming much of that game in laramie a week er so ago, on a replay.but we are in a complete meltdown stage right now, and have a full blown qb controversy.
Very true. OSU needs to figure out it's QB situation and stick with it. Neither one is going to do great because of the terrible O Line. On one hand they need to go with Braxton because he is the future and can get experience but do you want a Freshman to take that kind of a beating? Or do you just play Bauserman and take your lumps with him and let him get beat up?

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Guys I would love to say we stand a chance but come on Nebraska is going to drill us we were lucky to score on MSU and Nebraska is the second best team in the big 10 it wasnt that they were bad Wisconsin is just that good. I stand by what I said before we get beat 42 to 0

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

We'll be lucky to get 3 first downs with this play calling and offensive O-line. 27-0 'Huskers. Hope Miller is learning something other than Bollman is a douche.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The entire OSU program appears to be in disarray from the AD to the water boy.
One would hope things could not get worse, but they will. 'Braska 31 OSU 9.

Return to “College Sports”