SEOP

Re: Week 6: OSU @ Nebraska

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Good post D&C

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well I'm not going to quit watching them,seriously doubt anyone else will either,,,,glad to hear Bollman has said Guiton will play ahead of Bauserman,,,Bauserman looked awesome in that first game maybe the coaches kept hoping they would see that again, but finally realized they will not,,I'm more disappointed in the defense,27 points should have been more than enough to win that game as poor as Nebraska's offense looked in the first half and people were saying they were playing not to give up plays well then how did they get burnt over the top for a long touchdown pass,defense just totally melted down,first time in I don't know how long I saw that with an OSU defense...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

He's said that Guiton will get reps, but hasn't said yet that he'll play for sure!

FINGERS CROSSED!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LMAO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Great post TTT and very accurate.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

TTT saw that on twitter, and couldn't decide whether to pee my pants laughing, or start drinking again from the memory!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:TTT saw that on twitter, and couldn't decide whether to pee my pants laughing, or start drinking again from the memory!
start drinking again, it kind of makes the memory part a little more foggy...........

and to think I am going to Champaign next week-end.......hell, it has to get better, cant get no worse......

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It could get worse, at least Nebraska is respectable, God forbid, we could fall apart against Illinois and the clueless Zooker!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:Image
Love it!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

funny

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

At least Bauserman is still on the team more than I can say for Pryor and whoever else broke the rules.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I'm not a college head coach and don't claim to know the ins and outs of it but if I was and had somewhat of a chance to be the coach again next year, I would give my offensive coordinator my two cents when the play calling is terrible and my future is riding on it. Fickell may not know the offensive playbook completely but even he had to see they was playing way too conservative in the second half and should have told the OC that it's time to step down on the gas a bit instead of going off tackle right and left.

When Braxton went down Fickell should have said enough with Bauserman. If not then he should have done it after Bausermans first series. After Bausermans first series you could tell that everything was heading in the wrong direction. No matter what my OC thinks, I am the head coach and I know Bauserman is going to do nothing but make me and my team look like a bunch of jagaloons. If the OC doesnt like it, he can find another job because he sure as hell ain't helping Fickell keep his.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Finally, someone else other than my Irish are on the heartache trail.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I would solely put the blame on bausermans horrific quarterbacking skill, and the fact that when he went in it was 3 and out every drive and the defense got tired...the inability of him to extend the drive and get first downs was pretty much the reason they lost. I don't know how dumb fickell can be theres a reason he has never been the main starter for that team and just a backup. He can't even keep the ball inbounds. Hopefully Braxton will go this weekend , if not Illinois wins by 20 or more

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, before we run the guy out of town, let's realize he came in in a tough spot. No, he is not the answer but he wanted to be. Has to be tough being yesterday's leftovers being warmed up and asked to be a gourmet meal. He is a gamer, just doesn't have D1 QB talent. Back to baseball. But let's not assassinate his character.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mercerville monster wrote:I'm not a college head coach and don't claim to know the ins and outs of it but if I was and had somewhat of a chance to be the coach again next year, I would give my offensive coordinator my two cents when the play calling is terrible and my future is riding on it. Fickell may not know the offensive playbook completely but even he had to see they was playing way too conservative in the second half and should have told the OC that it's time to step down on the gas a bit instead of going off tackle right and left.

When Braxton went down Fickell should have said enough with Bauserman. If not then he should have done it after Bausermans first series. After Bausermans first series you could tell that everything was heading in the wrong direction. No matter what my OC thinks, I am the head coach and I know Bauserman is going to do nothing but make me and my team look like a bunch of jagaloons. If the OC doesnt like it, he can find another job because he sure as hell ain't helping Fickell keep his.

Exactly! If Fickell wants to turn a blind eye to a sore spot on the team, he doesnt deserve another chance as head coach. He is the final say so on the team. He cant continue condoning Bauserman.

Its funny, during the spring game Bauserman was the worst looking QB on the field (by far) yet they have continued to use him. I dont get it.

Dubs has given us insight as to Bauserman looking good in practice. I know Dubs gets inside info and I value his opinion.....but the guy never performs well under any kind of pressure on the field. There has been talk about making Guiton the backup. Its time. Bauserman shouldnt be allowed to hold the ball on extra point attempts.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

That is my gripe with Luke. I'm not going to blame any offense on him, since he doesn't coach the offense. But, I do blame him for not asserting his foot into Bollman's butt and forcing the issue behind closed doors.

I also miss the energy and fire!
Last year, he was on the sidelines, yelling, smiling, getting guys pumped, being emotional. I was eager to finally get that out of my head coach. Instead we have a guy that seems afraid to express himself.

This is why I think his hands are tied on certain issues, and he's been told what he can and can't do.
He's not going to speak out on the issue publicly, because of his respect for the school.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Woody couldn't coach today because his methods would not be tolerated by the PC Police. But many of us long for his style of control. No one doubted his committment. The Woody Hayes Show was must-see TV on Sunday mornings. Yet his edge was offset by a genuine person who always gave back more than he received from society. Wish I could go back fifty years for OSU. Not everything was better then but it seemed the world was more defined. We hated communism, was set for winning the race to the moon and most Americans couldn't find Vietnam on a map. Three yards and a cloud of dust! sigh.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Woody was a character, but there are plenty of coaches right now that are still animated and excitable on the sidelines.

Sometimes I wish Luke would just throw his headset, dump the cooler, yell at a ref, grab a facemask, or express SOMETHING, just so I know he still cares and is just as ticked as I am!

Return to “College Sports”