For all the Domers out there...HAHAHA

ballparent
S

Re: For all the Domers out there...HAHAHA

Post by ballparent »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:All 5 wins have been since 1998 but nice try. I also noticed you don't have any pictures of the a$$ kicking Mich. got last year in South Bend. I am now done with you Peake, 85inside & Turk convinced me this afternoon that your not worth my effort. Good luck to your skunkbears.

Here ya go, Flying Dutchman...one of my favorites and a couple for you... and one that everyone enjoyed. :lol:
And don't forget Toledo.... 8)

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ballparent,
All I can say is thanks and HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!!!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You can paint it however you choose, but Since 1990 ND is 8-7-1 vs. Michigan, since 1994 ND is 5-6, and since 1998 ND is 5-4. Notre Dame still sucks. You beat Michigan in a down year, whoooopty do! You are done with me because someone is ragging on your team. Please. It happens to me every day. Grow up.

2003- Michigan 38-0
2006- Michigan 47-21
2007- Michigan 38-0

For you Ballparent

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Very intersting that a Michigan fan posts negative photos of Ohio State and NONE of them are from the Michigan game. Ha Ha Ha. Also i didnt know that tom hanks was a Michigan man, but i did know that kids who are now entering the first grade in Michigan, have never seen a Michigan win over Ohio State. Of course with Rodriguez, they may be in high School before they see that happen. :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

^^^ aaaahhh good buckeye faithful. they have forgotten the dark years (cooper years) for the buckeyes.
2-11-1 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
how many national title teams did the buckeyes get during those years??
oh, thats right none. they blow it on the last game of the season. :shock: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Very intersting that a Michigan fan posts negative photos of Ohio State and NONE of them are from the Michigan game. Ha Ha Ha

You find it interesting that a Michigan fan wouldn't put up pictures of Ohio State beating Michigan? Seriously? Because that makes a lot of since.

Enjoy your time now. You are beating us, but the tides will turn, they always do. I remember when Alabama was getting beat every year by Auburn, and then the tides (no pun) turned.

Here is one for you 85

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

peake move to Michigan

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Have you seen what is going on with the economy in Michigan? Plus I am very happy here in North Carolina. I wanted the wife to go to Michigan Law, but she liked Duke better.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

smart woman!!!!!!!!!! go devils!!!!!!!!!!!! :122249 :122249 :122249 :122249

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

living in North Carolina would be ok in basketball season
I'm a Tar Heel fan in basketball along with the Buckeyes.
and in Football it's the Buckeyes.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

1987chieftains wrote:^^^ aaaahhh good buckeye faithful. they have forgotten the dark years (cooper years) for the buckeyes.
2-11-1 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
how many national title teams did the buckeyes get during those years??
oh, thats right none. they blow it on the last game of the season. :shock: :lol: :lol: :oops:

?? Why should we look back in the Cooper era when that 10 years ago and we have one of the top 3 college coaches in the game now?? Pretty ignorant post.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

peake wrote:
Very intersting that a Michigan fan posts negative photos of Ohio State and NONE of them are from the Michigan game. Ha Ha Ha

You find it interesting that a Michigan fan wouldn't put up pictures of Ohio State beating Michigan? Seriously? Because that makes a lot of since.

Enjoy your time now. You are beating us, but the tides will turn, they always do. I remember when Alabama was getting beat every year by Auburn, and then the tides (no pun) turned.

Here is one for you 85

Great photo of the Fremont Ross Little Giant dancing in the endzone. Of course it usually took a Buckeye to beat the Buckeyes. LOL.
The tide would turn much earlier, if it had not been from a mighty mistake in hiring Rodriguez. The Bucks will continue this dominance, well into the next decade. Rodriguez will be the O coordinator at South Carolina or somewhere in about 5 years.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Great photo of the Fremont Ross Little Giant dancing in the endzone.

Desmond went to St. Joseph Catholic with Elvis Grbac. Woodson went to Fremont.

Of course it usually took a Buckeye to beat the Buckeyes

Maybe you remember this guy from 1996. He is from Illinois.

Maybe you remember him. Something like 300 some yards in 1995.

Remember him. Also not from Ohio.

Not from Ohio either.

It always takes a buckeye to know what is best for Michigan. I mean it was going to be a dream come true for buckeye fans if Miles was the coach. Yet he goes out and beats OSU a few weeks later. We will see how things shake out with RRod, but I do not share your opinion. I believe he will be at Michigan as long as he wants. If you truly understood contracts you would know that Michigan is not going to part ways with him after two seasons. One, because they are not going to pay that type of buyout.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

peake wrote:

Not from Ohio either.

It always takes a buckeye to know what is best for Michigan. I mean it was going to be a dream come true for buckeye fans if Miles was the coach. Yet he goes out and beats OSU a few weeks later. We will see how things shake out with RRod, but I do not share your opinion. I believe he will be at Michigan as long as he wants. If you truly understood contracts you would know that Michigan is not going to part ways with him after two seasons. One, because they are not going to pay that type of buyout.

Ill be honest, I am not up on Michigan contracts. However, i said 5 years, not two.

Thanks for the pics from the way back machine. 14 years ago. Nice. 10 years from now, you will be using the same pictures. LOL.
As for Less Miles, he certainly beat OSU, while coaching at LSU. He has to be the smartest guy that ever graduated from Michigan. He too, knew it was a dead end job. Mid pack Big 10. Thats pathetic.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ill be honest, I am not up on Michigan contracts. However, i said 5 years, not two.

If you give him 5 years I think he will have no problems getting the program back to where it needs to be. Devin Gardner, the TP of the 2010 class is on the way.

Actually the picture of Braylon was from 2003.

Les was smart for wanting to coach at Michigan???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wanted Les don't get me wrong, but he was not going to be hired at Michigan as long as Carr and Martin had something to say about it. He wanted to be the coach at Michigan, not the other way around.

Ohio State in 1999 went 3-5 in conference and 6-6 overall, good for 8th in the conference. The following year they were 4th and the year after that 3rd. Mid-pack. All great programs struggle at some point.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

peake wrote:

If you give him 5 years I think he will have no problems getting the program back to where it needs to be. Devin Gardner, the TP of the 2010 class is on the way.

Actually the picture of Braylon was from 2003.

Les was smart for wanting to coach at Michigan???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wanted Les don't get me wrong, but he was not going to be hired at Michigan as long as Carr and Martin had something to say about it. He wanted to be the coach at Michigan, not the other way around.

Ohio State in 1999 went 3-5 in conference and 6-6 overall, good for 8th in the conference. The following year they were 4th and the year after that 3rd. Mid-pack. All great programs struggle at some point.

Yea, I can see why he wanted to leave LSU for Michigan :roll:

So, you are saying that 3rd and 4th in the Big Ten is "midpack?"
If so, Michigan has been midpack for some time now. At what point will you consider Michigan not "truggling" anymore? When you say RR will get it back to "where it needs to be," what are you saying? Is 3rd in the Big Ten, "where it needs to be?" How about 4th?
Does RR have to win a Big ten title in the next 4 seasons to keep his job? Because as i see it, based on history, Michigan wins Big ten titles. Mid pack in the Big ten right now is horrible. The conference is not that strong.
Where does Michigan have to finish in the Big Ten this year to be acceptable in Michigan fans eyes? Can he lose to NotreDame, Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State this year and still be called "acceptable?"

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I really think you don't understand Michigan Football. You wouldn't make such ignorant statements, not an insult, I just don't think you know very much about Michigan.

I was using that example of mid-pack as a way to show you that all programs struggle at some point. Mighty USC and Texas also went through down periods.

If so, Michigan has been midpack for some time now. At what point will you consider Michigan not "truggling" anymore?

Your posts lack merit. You have no information, you just throw around open ended statements.

Michigan and Big Ten Standings

2007- 2nd (tie) beat the other #2 Illinois
2006- 2nd (tie) beat the other #2 Wisconsin
2005- 3rd (tie)
2004- 1st (tie)
2003- 1st
2002- 2nd
2001- 2nd
2000- 1st (tie)

Michigan has not really been mid-pack for a long time.

Les wanted Michigan, Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin didn't. If Les Miles were the coach most likely Adrian Arrington, Mario Manningham, and Ryan Mallett would have stayed. I don't think there would have been much of a drop off.

This season with the personal that Michigan has, I would be ok with the losses you mentioned. I think Michigan will beat one of those teams (MSU). The others are just better at this point. The talent is coming, but not there yet. I am being realistic, you are not.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

peake wrote:I really think you don't understand Michigan Football. You wouldn't make such ignorant statements, not an insult, I just don't think you know very much about Michigan.

I was using that example of mid-pack as a way to show you that all programs struggle at some point. Mighty USC and Texas also went through down periods.

If so, Michigan has been midpack for some time now. At what point will you consider Michigan not "truggling" anymore?

Your posts lack merit. You have no information, you just throw around open ended statements.

Michigan and Big Ten Standings

2007- 2nd (tie) beat the other #2 Illinois
2006- 2nd (tie) beat the other #2 Wisconsin
2005- 3rd (tie)
2004- 1st (tie)
2003- 1st
2002- 2nd
2001- 2nd
2000- 1st (tie)

Michigan has not really been mid-pack for a long time.

Les wanted Michigan, Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin didn't. If Les Miles were the coach most likely Adrian Arrington, Mario Manningham, and Ryan Mallett would have stayed. I don't think there would have been much of a drop off.

This season with the personal that Michigan has, I would be ok with the losses you mentioned. I think Michigan will beat one of those teams (MSU). The others are just better at this point. The talent is coming, but not there yet. I am being realistic, you are not.

If my post lacked "merit" it is because I was answering your post about "midpack".

So based on your numbers, why was Carr replaced for a guy who finished so far down the conference and national rankings? Again this year, RR will most likely be lower than Carr's numbers. I dont understand why you have a love affair with a guy who lost to Toledo? You can blame Carr all you want, but the truth is, Carr never lost as many games as RR did. You keep blaming "personel" on Carr. Lack mof talent on previous coach. I find it incredible that the same guy you blame all of Michigan's woes on, never did as poorly as RR did. I cannot believe that losses to all of those schools would be acceptable by any Michigan fan who didnt have a man crush on RR. Come on.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

85inside wrote:
peake wrote:

Not from Ohio either.

Thanks for the pics from the way back machine. 14 years ago. Nice. 10 years from now, you will be using the same pictures. LOL.
As for Less Miles, he certainly beat OSU, while coaching at LSU. He has to be the smartest guy that ever graduated from Michigan. He too, knew it was a dead end job. Mid pack Big 10. Thats pathetic.

313 yards to be excact.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

85inside wrote:So based on your numbers, why was Carr replaced for a guy who finished so far down the conference and national rankings? Again this year, RR will most likely be lower than Carr's numbers. I dont understand why you have a love affair with a guy who lost to Toledo? You can blame Carr all you want, but the truth is, Carr never lost as many games as RR did. You keep blaming "personel" on Carr. Lack mof talent on previous coach. I find it incredible that the same guy you blame all of Michigan's woes on, never did as poorly as RR did. I cannot believe that losses to all of those schools would be acceptable by any Michigan fan who didnt have a man crush on RR. Come on.

I hate to defend michigan and RR, but in your example, Carr didn't lose as many games as RR because he resigned before he had the chance.

If Carr coached that team last year, they might win one more game than they did.
Maybe two more if Mallet proved to be a good QB option.

You have to remember, as embarrassing as the loss to Toledo was, Carr lost to App St. the year before.
And he did that with a pretty decent team, stacked with senior leaders.

Between the loss of pro players and seniors when Carr left, and the transfer of several key pieces,
the talent level at UM was very low by UM standards, and not at all geared towards RRs system.
He wasn't going to change systems for one year, he was going to teach his players that system and
develop talent that could be effective in the future. Even if that meant a setback in UM standards.

Remember, the Buckeyes were 7-5 (dissapointing by their standards) the year before they won the title, and the year before that they had losses to Minnesota and Purdue, and in 1999 were 6-6.

RR will build a system at UM. He can get better players at UM than he did at WVU, and he made WVU a top 10 team.

Return to “College Sports”