OSU @ Purdue

therepublican
Varsity

Re: OSU @ Purdue

Post by therepublican »

I don't even condone "take of the anal beads" why say anything?? Isn't that class..keeping your mouth shut? I mean it was thing to root for your team..one thing to be rude.

If I were to go to a game of a team I like at the opposing teams stadium..I would tone down even chearing (unless I was in the visator section) just to have class..because I would want the same if I were at my home stadium.

Ole well. fact is the "VIDEO" doesn't lie..the worthless nut fans just try to justify it. Even when they rock cars or burn trash cans after a win...they won't change.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

In that video therepublican supplied, I walked by that house and they were doing two story beer bongs, and that is when they decided to come and spit beer on my wife and I. My OSU friends that were with my were very upset.

That video is very telling.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

All Michigan fans are not innocent either...There are actually a lot of Michigan fans around here and when I am sporting an Ohio State T-Shirt or my OSU hoodie I am often greeted with "hey you have sh*t on your shirt" or "Fu*k OS Who"! More often then not...

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

As I stated before..every team has their idiots...they just do..there are many idiots outside of college football too, they are everywhere!...but OSU seems to have a "general population" of them. I mean just watch the video...my case and point. I don't really see any "good" OSU fans telling the bad ones to stop. I am sorry but peeing on walls...screaming F* this and F* that..go home to the band...throwing trash around to the point you can't even see the street..I mean come on! Sad thing is anyone who has been to a game "connects" with this!

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

The point is that OSU and UM fans will never see eye-to-eye. The majority of OSU fans do not think it is okay to do some of the things you say have happened to do. Anyone knows that those things aren't right. Everyone has their horror stories. The things I was talking about were what happens inside the game. That is football. And you very well know that. Things inside the stadium are all fun and games. People can be very stupid outside the stadium. But the OSU fans on this board know that OSU is a classy program and the majority of the fan base wins and loses with class. There are a minority like every OSU poster has said that don't win and lose with class. I wish the OSU fan base could be as classy as the UM fan base. Then it would be a perfect world. See you on 11/21.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

there are idiots everywhere.... unfortuanately it sometime sbecomes contagious :( :( :(

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

So what's the difference between the game day experience at The Big House,
and a night at the local VFW Bingo Hall?

They're both full of old Blue haired women, but at the Bingo Hall they'll at least yell at something

That was told to me by a Michigan Alum and season ticket holder, while we were discussing this topic
today at lunch.

He said he's been treated badly at OSU games, but he's also smart enough to avoid the area around the
Varsity Club on Lane when the Blue are in town. Peake, if you walked by that house and it was there
that you had beer spit at you, then it doesn't seem at all that you know how to avoid the drunks.
That house is smack dab in the middle of it.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
So what's the difference between the game day experience at The Big House,
and a night at the local VFW Bingo Hall?

They're both full of old Blue haired women, but at the Bingo Hall they'll at least yell at something

That was told to me by a Michigan Alum and season ticket holder, while we were discussing this topic
today at lunch.

He said he's been treated badly at OSU games, but he's also smart enough to avoid the area around the
Varsity Club on Lane when the Blue are in town. Peake, if you walked by that house and it was there
that you had beer spit at you, then it doesn't seem at all that you know how to avoid the drunks.
That house is smack dab in the middle of it.

Well, I have never been to a college game (other than OSU) where someone said.."Don't go to that area..it is pretty rough there." If you can't walk down lane ave. because of crazies..that is dumb..lane ave makes up a lot of area around the campus! It isn't just a matter of "watching out" for the drunks. They are everywhere there! And I am not here to just bash OSU..I mean I know many good people who root for the bucks..but even they say that the fans have a bad rap and they deserve it....

If that is the case...then the OSU police need to monitor that a lot more!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I guarantee you that I could get you from the parking lot of west if campus, to the inside of the stadium,
without having a "bad" experience. You may get a you suck, or a boo, or maybe even be
informed of Ann Arbor's profession, but I can personally assure you that you would not
get spit at, have stuff thrown at you, or any of the such.

It's all a matter of where you go, and if you're going to go where the crap happens,
then you can't complain about the crap!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I parked about three blocks from there. I walked by there without knowing. No one should do any of the things regardless of where it is.

all fun and games.

That is the problem, most of your fan base think it really is all fun and games to cruse, throw things, etc.

I have been all over the country. I worked for an athletic department. I have never witnessed what I have at OSU---period.

Point is crap should not happen. It is not ok anywhere.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The video that was shown in a previous post was from the 02 game.
The game that clinched the birth to the first title game in 34 years,
the game that gave us the first big 10 title under tressel,
and the first home UM game of the Tressel era.

It was also the first Michigan game of the Karen "the fun nazi" Holbrook
presidency at OSU. The students didn't like her restrictions on partying
on Lane, and used the game as a protest.

I've been on campus for every UM game at OSU since 1994, yes, I agree that
2002 was one of the worst for student and fan behavior.

It has changed though over the past 2 year especially. I worked at one of the
Lane Ave giant tailgate parties for every single home game last year, the issues
shown on the video earlier were not happening. There were a few isolated spots,
but the vast drunkedness and ugliness, for the most part was absent.

Are there areas where it still happens, yes. Is it as bad as what non-buckeye fans want to paint,
no! I absolutely guarantee that I could go to the game in Ann Arbor and get the same things done to me
that have happened to others at OSU. Heck, I had those things happen to me at a Logan HS football game
when I was there watching River Valley play.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I understand what you are saying, but it still does not excuse the behavior that happened to me last year. The car rocking and rat throw was in 2004.

How do you know if you go to a game in Ann Arbor those things would happen? I have been with more OSU fans when I go to Ann Arbor then UM fans I have never ever witnessed anything close to what happens in Columbus. We have taken in house parties, tailgates, walked on campus, etc. and nothing has ever happened.

I am done with this. If you live outside of Ohio it is much easier to understand. What happened to me happened, and my opinion is not going to change anytime soon.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peake wrote:How do you know if you go to a game in Ann Arbor those things would happen? I have been with more OSU fans when I go to Ann Arbor then UM fans I have never ever witnessed anything close to what happens in Columbus. We have taken in house parties, tailgates, walked on campus, etc. and nothing has ever happened.

It seems that your experience was unwarranted, and it sucks. There are plenty of Michigan fans on campus at the OSU games
in Columbus that deserve everything they have coming though.

I've my experience with Michigan fans at the game, and in the city, has mostly been positive, and we typically get along and have
great discussions about our teams. For every one of those times though, I have seen on gameday at the Shoe, Michigan fans
who are embracing for themselves the very attitudes that you are condeming Buckeye fans for. UM has their fair share of
buttholes too.

I have spoken with customers at Buckeye Corner that go to Ann Arbor every OSU game, and I have heard horror stories
from them that sound exactly like yours.

Apparently I don't notice your issues on OSUs campus, and you don't care to notice your brethrens behavior on UM's.
It's not that it doesn't happen, and it may not be happening where we are, but I absolutely 100% am certain that if
I went looking, I could find trouble up there too.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

there is trouble everywhere?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

OSU and Columbus PD have really cracked down on the open container. Had a friend get a ticket for having one the day before the OSU-Michigan game. Ask MikenMike peake. I think he had a wonderful time up at OSU. Met a few ladies i do believe.. :oops:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Like I said. My experiences will shape my opinion. I had beer spit on myself and my wife. I do not care what someone else has to say. I was with two more Michigan fans and about 10 Ohio State fans.

I do agree they have cracked down to the extent that you can not have a can of beer, but all you have to do is put it in a cup and the cops can do nothing. My friend got a ticket from the stealth cops as well.

Return to “College Sports”