Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Re: Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Hope with the starting of Miller that he will make fewer mistakes, get all the jitters out of him and let him play good ball.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I'm just not a fan of changing qb's back and forth in the middle of a game. Fickle has said he was looking for the one having a better game, but how can either one get into a rhythm?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Miller will start and play the majority of snaps. As of now, that is the plan.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Pryor became the starter in the 4th game of his Freshman season as well. The Bucks were/are going nowhere with Bauserman. Give it to Miller, let him take his lumps but gain valuable experience.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

In that game, the Buckeyes were only up 14-10 in the 4th against Troy, before TP threw 2 TD passes late.
That game also was the week after a road loss, and a dreadful offensive performance.

The biggest difference is that TP was replacing an All-Big10 QB, that took us to a national title game the year before.

Miller is replacing a QB that watched a national title game once!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

On Dustin Fox's Cleveland radio show, Fickle just said he can't guarantee Joe gets on the field Saturday, and that Braxton will not be "on a leash", that he has to learn that they trust him.

Looks like we might see what Miller is made of this early!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

^^^ it's about time! Let the kid have at it and use the ability we recruited him for and get ready for conference play. He's gonna make mistakes being a freshman but that's part of the learning curve

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:^^^ it's about time! Let the kid have at it and use the ability we recruited him for and get ready for conference play. He's gonna make mistakes being a freshman but that's part of the learning curve

I agree 100% with this post!!!!!!YOU DONT LOSE WITH SENIORS PERIOD!!!!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

If I told you an OSU coach would start 4-3-2 in his first year, would you want to fire Woody Hayes?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Hell yea thats what I like to hear

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:If I told you an OSU coach would start 4-3-2 in his first year, would you want to fire Woody Hayes?
In no way shape or form is Fickell Woody Hayes

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm not saying he is, but would have wanted Woody ran out!
How about we wait and see how Fickle adjusts and gets the team focused before we start packing his bags.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I'm not saying he is, but would have wanted Woody ran out!
How about we wait and see how Fickle adjusts and gets the team focused before we start packing his bags.
I can agree with that but what happens if he craps down his leg against Nebraska,Mich St. and hate to say it scUM his bags will be packed its just the way it is I think as Buckeye fans we are spoiled and want to win now and a few more games like Miami its over for cool hand Luke. I look to see Urban Warfare next year.
Last edited by VegasEagle on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

If we lose those games, then and only then will it be time to part ways.

But those games have yet to be played, so we need to sit back, relax, and see if he can pull the team together and maybe just maybe, win those games.

And when he does win those games, and does finish 10-2 or better, then he will have earned his shot and should be kept!

Im not ready to sell out a lifelong loyal Buckeye, for a short term coach with heart issues and no team off field discipline!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

fair enough only time will tell

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

My question about Fickle is being able to recruit. I've heard a current player
say that he was like a " deal closer" and does a good job. Just a question,
I haven't heard anything other then that

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Knows every coach in the state of Ohio,he is the man for recruiting the state.Amazed at the Myer people,7-5 his last year at Florida,with his recruits,the ones that were not in jail that is.Hope Miller plays a good team game and doesn't try to win it on his own.Please people quit comparing Miller to Pryor,Miller throws the ball better than Pryor now.As with all the conference jumping,there is no loyality in college football,Fickle has earned the OSU job.He is and will be a BUCKEYE forever and maybe stay away from recruiting the I AM THE STAR,LOOK AT ME like at QB last year.Illini game worries me more than MSU.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I approve of the move to Braxton Miller. He may not be ready, he may not ever prove to be a great QB but he has mobility and upside. Bauserman would've locked up this starting job by now if he had the mojo to run with it. But what you see is what you get with him. And I haven't seen much. And whatever I've seen will be gone after November anyway. I might be eating crow this time next year but if I am, Buckeye Nation will be starving.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

gobucks31 wrote:Knows every coach in the state of Ohio,he is the man for recruiting the state.Amazed at the Myer people,7-5 his last year at Florida,with his recruits,the ones that were not in jail that is.Hope Miller plays a good team game and doesn't try to win it on his own.Please people quit comparing Miller to Pryor,Miller throws the ball better than Pryor now.As with all the conference jumping,there is no loyality in college football,Fickle has earned the OSU job.He is and will be a BUCKEYE forever and maybe stay away from recruiting the I AM THE STAR,LOOK AT ME like at QB last year.Illini game worries me more than MSU.

I think every Buckeye fan wants Fickell to do well. It is great having an OSU guy (which is an understatement) at the helm. But it is up to him to stay there. As a head coach having no involvement in the offense, clearly lacking motivation on the sideline vs Miami (and Toledo for that matter), he is not putting up the best showing as of yet. Hopefully he will start surprising us.

I dont buy into the people saying "he is a defensive coach and doesnt know the offense". Hogwash. Any good defensive coach knows the offense just as well. What I hope is that Fickell puts his foot so far up Bollman's rear end we see the laces coming out of Bollman's mouth! But Fickell has to be involved in ALL facets of the game. Tressel had it set up where he left the defense alone because of Fickell. Unfortunately, Fickell doesnt have that luxury with the offense this year with Bollman calling the shots.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

fickle inherited a mess.

Return to “College Sports”