Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Week 4: OSU vs Colorado 9/24

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Now you know why Tress called the offense for 10 years!

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Been trying to see if this game is gonna be broadcasted, anyone know, ABC? ESPN?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

In Ohio ABC.
in WVA or KY you may have to watch ESPN2.

It's a national broadcast, will be on one of those two at 3:30.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Fickle needs to grow a pair. If Ohio State had at least one timeout left there was no reason not to try and run the ball in at the end of the half. You are 3 freakin' feet away from a score with 6 seconds left. You try one dive play and then call a quick TO if you don't make it.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they burned their final timeout after Miller scrambled down to the 1. I've been watching on my phone so it's hard to see everything clearly

Miller has been a bright spot today for sure. TONS of talent and potential for the future! Very elusive runner and good arm

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That may be true and if that's the case then I can see the FG try. You have to put points on the board. But I thought they may have had one left. I was getting ready for work and wasn't really paying much attention the announcers so they may have been out of TO's.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I believe OSU was out of timeouts when they decided on the FG.

I was impressed with Miller's ability to scramble. If he gets the corner, its an easy 10-15 yds. I WAS not impressed with our O Line. Too many plays where they left Miller completely unprotected. Miller shouldnt have to run for his life after 2-3 seconds in the pocket. Too many dropped passes. Miller shouldve had 5-6 more completions if not for the dropped balls.

Overall I think it is clear that Miller gives the offense a spark. He will make mistakes, but he can move the chains.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Run blocking is great, pass blocking is on par with past 5 years...HORRIBLE!

For those that don't believe defense and special teams are what wins games, consider that OSU only completed ONE more pass this week than last!!!

Starting field position for OSU was the Colorado 47!

Braxton is now the starter, Luke even said "He's our starter" in the post game.

Lots to work on this week before MSU comes in on Saturday!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Wow that's a stunning stat Dub seemed like there was more,,,,,I thought Braxton played great today,,problem is so did Bow Wow,Colorado was just plain weak IMO!!!!! We should get a good look next week to see if they really have recovered from that beat down last week

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

If the young guys start catching the ball,passing stats would have been pretty good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATS TO DEM BUCKS ON TO THEM PESKY SPARTANS.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

In terms of recruiting Luke Fickell is not recruiting Ohio very well as a head coach. Michigan, Michigan State, and NOtre Dame are taking top talent from Ohio this year like it is candy. The #1 player in the state has not been wrapped up by the bucks and it is looking like the buckeyes are behind (UC and bama)the 8 ball at the moment with him. The #1 player in Ohio next year already verballed to UM. He needs to solidify Ohio again, his cabinet is getting tapped.

Not trying to cause trouble but that is the reality of the situation right now.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

peake wrote:In terms of recruiting Luke Fickell is not recruiting Ohio very well as a head coach. Michigan, Michigan State, and NOtre Dame are taking top talent from Ohio this year like it is candy. The #1 player in the state has not been wrapped up by the bucks and it is looking like the buckeyes are behind (UC and bama)the 8 ball at the moment with him. The #1 player in Ohio next year already verballed to UM. He needs to solidify Ohio again, his cabinet is getting tapped.

Not trying to cause trouble but that is the reality of the situation right now.
I think it's more a matter of closure with the NCAA thing. If it is settled for what the Buckeyes already proposed or something similar, the recruits will return to the fold.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Once a final verdict comes down, and OSU once again beats Michigan, showing that new dogs continue old tricks, the wall will begin gaining reinforcement again, and our borders will be safe!

Return to “College Sports”