ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Who will win??

Total votes: 0

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Re: ROSE BOWL OHIO STATE Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks

Post by ronnie88richards »

If Oregon scores 30+ we won't be able to hang with them our defense will have to be the key to our victory as most of them are that we have won.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The buckeyes might be undefeated against oregon but I look for this one to get ugly quick. I hope I'm wrong but that is just IMHO. Oregon by at least 14

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

We have to control the clock for sure but more importantly have to be willing to break tendancies and become much more balanced offensively. NUMBERS don't equate to balance, we have to be willing to throw on any down and run on any down, that is balance and it makes any offense dynamic and less predictable. WE are predictable and Oregon, for the most part, isn't much like other good offensive teams across the country. I don't think it really matters if anyone on here is affraid of Oregon, as long as the Bucks are ready for a fight and go in trying to win rather than not lose the game.

QB1 at Oregon is probably the best dual threat QB in college football which gives them the edge in that department however they are smaller than OSU upfront and in the LB area. Yes we can run on them but need to be able to throw to set it up and need to catch them off guard some with the pass rather than doing the same ol' thing we have every game this year. And don't give me the numbers, I have seen every snap this year and use my eyes rather than the numbers and certainly the media to draw conclusions.

I am with you 4ever, we are 0-0 against this Duck bunch.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I think Ohio State wins 27-20...defense really steps up and pryor breaks out, but a key for this game is the play calling for the offense, tressel will not be able to call conservative he is going to have to go out of his comfort zone and throw one deep every once in a while, call a trick play here and there to keep Oregon's defense on their heels.

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Post by ActionJackson »

Watch for the Flying V

Roweviking
SE

Post by Roweviking »

Buckeye's wil have to put up some big numbers to win this one.

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

Oregon wins

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

imo ohio state will have to score at least 30 to win.

line osu+ 3.5 over/under is 51.5

for the non gamblers that means osu is only a 3 and a half point underdog. i like the over alot on this bet.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

You people make it sound like Ohio State can't score any points.

They are 1 field goal per game from being a top 20 scoring offense.

Also, while Oregon can put up points, the Buckeyes defense isn't allowing it to happen.

Ohio State's lowly offense is only 1 touchdown less than Oregon's Juggernaut,
while the Buckeyes Defense gives up 1/2 of what Oregon does on a weekly basis.

If Ohio State comes in and averages what they've been doing all year, then they score 30, and Oregon gives up 23 on average.
If Ohio State's defense can do what they have been doing all year, I don't think they completely stop Oregon,
but I think they can take away 10 points at minimum from Oregon's average offensive output. That puts Oregon at 27.

I think a 30-27 game is very likely.
The key to who wins it at that score will be who wins the turn over margin.
The Buckeyes Defense should be good for 2 take aways, they do that in their sleep.
Question becomes, can Pryor continue in his growth over the last 3 games and not turn the ball over.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

OSU is capable of scoring talent wise but that is not the only factor in our offensive struggles. Bottom line is this, in closely contested games, where teams are evenly matched with tOSU, we have consistantly come out on bottom mainly due to our inability to capitalize on mistakes and opportunities in the red zone. Hopefully this time around will be different because I certainly think this is a fairly even matchup when considering all of the variables. Names and previous records don't make a team, ability and execution win games and this team is much better than the USC team we gave the game to in Sept, talent wise and execution wise.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

When did the PAC 10 become one of the power conferences in college football. The PAC 10 does not play a lot of defense. OSU is everybody's whipping boy. Hopefully, OSU wins this game so then eveyone can say, "Well they won, but is was just against Oregon"

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Didn't the PAC 10 go 7-1 last year during bowl season?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Isn't this THIS SEASON!!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

GO BUCKS! Lets win a major bowl game for once!!!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I hope I'm wrong but Oregon wins unless Tressel finally remembers how to win a BCS bowl game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I sense Oregon will surge late and win big 38-17. Playing not to lose does in the Bucks again against a quality non Big Ten opponent.
Is it the Tressell system or is Ohio State's supposed quality talent
actually over rated?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Omega wrote:I sense Oregon will surge late and win big 38-17. Playing not to lose does in the Bucks again against a quality non Big Ten opponent.
Is it the Tressell system or is Ohio State's supposed quality talent
actually over rated?

:lol: :lol: Have you ACTUALLY seen the Buckeyes defense? I have watched Oregon a couple of times, in their big games, and yes they are a good team that has some athletes, but there is no way that Oregon is gonna put up 38. This isn't the Buckeyes of 2006 with all the distraction of the Heisman and the 53 day layoff and the team with a big head that started the season #1 and played against a Florida team that "lucked" into the title game. This is gonna be a hungry Buckeye team. It is gonna be a close game, but you will see how those "overrated" athletes play against those athletes that Oregon has. Do you really think that Oregon is going to have a defensive game plan that Florida had?? Yea granted, Oregon is not going to face a Heisman trophy winning quarterback, and Pryor is anidiot, but let an athlete play against a nobody-joke-of-a-defense, and we will see what happens

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES-27
Oregon-20

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

i think you Ohio fan on here are crazy :lol: for only having them by 1 td.
this couldnt be a better game for the buckeyes. they showed true against penn and iowa
i they WILL BEAT oregon by by three TDs.

O_H

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I-O

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Mad_Dogg

glad to see you on the right thread now 8) :mrgreen:

Return to “College Sports”