#3 Cinncinnatti Vs #5 Florida The SUGAR BOWL

Who will win??

Total votes: 0

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: #3 Cinncinnatti Vs #5 Florida The SUGAR BOWL

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I would agree at this stage of the season it is more about playing vs the Xs and Os. But in general, you had better have a great coach if you want to win consistently.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

This poll shows people bet with their hearts........Cincy no defense......Florida will embarrass Cincy........... :12224

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

I wonder how much control/involvement Jones will have in the Sugar. Meyer is sitting tight for now. He wants an outside hire for DC, and maybe OC. I'd like to see Addazio back to Oline only. It was a shock to Meyer when Gonzales went to LSU (with our playbook!). Gonzo was upset Addazio got OC last year. Meyer filled the WR spot the same day with Zach Azzani from Cent. Mich. . Vance Bedford is likely to go to Louisville with Strong. I hope thats all Charlie takes. Loeffler will go from qb coach to passing game coordinator. If Meyer does not find an OC or DC who is 'just right' he will stay as is. Loeffler will be more involved in playcalling. Gonzales called redzone off. under Mullen. Addazio didn't do that and our redzone off. sucked this year. The offense will change with Brantley at QB. If Meyer does not get a DC, they will be fine with McCarney and Heater.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Bill Koch, the UC beat writer, is on ESPN now and they don't know who will coach them. Kelly has said he will not take asst.'s until after Cincy's bowl. Quinn is likely to still call the shots in the bowl, but could be heading to Notre Dame after.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

abuck76 wrote:This poll shows people bet with their hearts........Cincy no defense......Florida will embarrass Cincy........... :12224

this game will be closer then some think

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

well tebow is gonna tear this bowl up, i know and we all know he is still tore up about losing the sec championship so i see this being a 3td win for florida

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

With Urban Meyer's sudden resignation for health reasons following the game, Cincinnati will be lucky to keep it within 4 touchdowns! :122246

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

This is quite a weekend for Cincinnati sports fans.
Last night the Cincinnati Bearcat basketball team beat U Conn - barely. Twice they gave up 10-point leads and let the Huskies come back. It ended up in a frantic final minute with the score tied and a ref's whistle and the final buzzer sounding nearly simultaneously. Multiple replays and ref discussion determined that the foul had been called first. So 0.7 sec was put back on the clock and Cincy's Jason Stephenson was given 2 free throws. He made them both, and a Huskie half-court heave missed.

Friday night the undefeated Cincinnati Bearcat football team will play Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I had to pay attention to "learning" the Bearcat basketball players' names watching the game last night - but I know the Bearcat football players' names by heart. You have no idea what a complete reversal that is for someone who attended UC in the early '60's!!!! GO BEARCATS

And on Sunday the Cincinnati Bengals play for a better play-off position than they've seen in years. WLWT sports news [other than the really bad news of Chris Henry's death and Brian Kelly's resignation] has been mostly good in the last few months.
GO CINCINNATI B'S - BEARCATS AND BENGALS

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

dazed&confused wrote:With Urban Meyer's sudden resignation for health reasons following the game, Cincinnati will be lucky to keep it within 4 touchdowns! :122246

sorry but i have to disagree. this game will be closer than you think. IMHO it will be within 14 points. besides he isn't resigning. he is takin a leave of absense

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

caglewis wrote:This is quite a weekend for Cincinnati sports fans.
Last night the Cincinnati Bearcat basketball team beat U Conn - barely. Twice they gave up 10-point leads and let the Huskies come back. It ended up in a frantic final minute with the score tied and a ref's whistle and the final buzzer sounding nearly simultaneously. Multiple replays and ref discussion determined that the foul had been called first. So 0.7 sec was put back on the clock and Cincy's Jason Stephenson was given 2 free throws. He made them both, and a Huskie half-court heave missed.

Friday night the undefeated Cincinnati Bearcat football team will play Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I had to pay attention to "learning" the Bearcat basketball players' names watching the game last night - but I know the Bearcat football players' names by heart. You have no idea what a complete reversal that is for someone who attended UC in the early '60's!!!! GO BEARCATS

And on Sunday the Cincinnati Bengals play for a better play-off position than they've seen in years. WLWT sports news [other than the really bad news of Chris Henry's death and Brian Kelly's resignation] has been mostly good in the last few months.
GO CINCINNATI B'S - BEARCATS AND BENGALS

we don't neeed bk

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

UC has their coaching distractions,
Florida has their own.

UC has a great Offense,
Florida has one too.

UC has zero defense and no desire to even pretend they do,
UMMMM, this is where we have a problem, Florida DOES!

Once upon a time there was a team from Ohio that averaged the same points per game that UC does,
they went into a bowl game against a Florida defense that was not as good as this years.
They still get ridiculed for getting their butts handed to them.

UC has had a chip on their shoulder towards Buckeye fans for awhile, at least after tomorrow night, they'll know
what it means to be part of at least one club OSU is in.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/Sugar-Bowl

Fox has a Tebow cam. I swear.

20/23, 321yds, 3 TD's in the first half.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Someone needs to call U C headquarters and let them know there in a ball game, because they havent showed up yet.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

The all white uni's should have included a surrender hanky for the Bearcats.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

FIDO wrote:I knew they would give up a ton of points but I thought they would also score a couple. Of course, Florida had the #1 "D" in the country before they played Alabama. Nothing against Cincy but they are playing way out of their league.
As much as I wanted to beat UC,I'm kinda glad now we got spared being embarrased on National TV.I'll take the nice win over UNC and build for next year...I still would have loved to have seen the team play in the Sugar Bowl.But, I want to go when we can be the bat and not the ball. lol Hail To Pitt!
Last edited by Black Panther on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Florida's secondary is the best Pike has seen by a mile. Good drive beating the LB's though.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:With Urban Meyer's sudden resignation for health reasons following the game, Cincinnati will be lucky to keep it within 4 touchdowns! :122246

sorry but i have to disagree. this game will be closer than you think. IMHO it will be within 14 points. besides he isn't resigning. he is takin a leave of absense

you were saying? :122246

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

BORING!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

somehwere Coach Kelly is saying...Thank Goodness :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I really hoped UC would hang around in this one.

Return to “College Sports”