Kelly takes shot at OSU

Hercules
JV Team

Re: Kelly takes shot at OSU

Post by Hercules »

Im making the statement about your non-conference games!!! What a joke!!! Your big ten schedule year in and year out kinda cancels each other out... U have some really good programs...Wisconsin, nebraska and Mich St..some better than average programs in Michigan,Penn St and sometimes Illinois and then 5 of the worst teams in a bcs conference in the country!!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

It also depends on what schedule rankings that you read!!! I've looked at several some have Osu with a tougher schedule some have ND with a tougher schedule!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well then what teams do play tough non conference schedules,,, very few? Almost all I've seen are loaded with plenty of creampuffs on their non conference,,, O-State is just doing what everybody else does, like the saying goes when in Rome do as the Romans do

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

C-Bolt wrote:Well I just took mine off and noticed O-States schedule is ranked 18th in the country while Notre Dames is 39th :lol:

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo ... le-by-team

And just like that Ol' Blue goes down in flames.......

"Your my boy Blue!"

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

That's funny the one I just read had ND 22. OSU 29..wonder what the ranking for your tough non-conference schedule would be??? It would easily be in the bottom part of the rankings!!! Hey bleeding red...can you spell PROBATION???

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

The funny thing is Ohio State has killed Norte Dame when they have played them. Why do you think ND wanted no part of joining The Big Ten?

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Why in the world would ND want to join the big ten??? They have their own TV contract... They still play anybody in the big ten that they want...they have to share extra revenue with anybody else!! As far osu and ND playing...I know for a fact that ND has offered to play osu several times and it always gets refused!!! The last two times these teams played osu was absolutely loaded with Eddie George..Terry Glenn etc.. If you want to talk history...which has the most nation championships and Heisman trophy winners??? If you know anything about college fotball u know that the a swer is easily Notre Dame!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ol' Blue wrote:Why in the world would ND want to join the big ten??? They have their own TV contract... They still play anybody in the big ten that they want...they have to share extra revenue with anybody else!! As far osu and ND playing...I know for a fact that ND has offered to play osu several times and it always gets refused!!! The last two times these teams played osu was absolutely loaded with Eddie George..Terry Glenn etc.. If you want to talk history...which has the most nation championships and Heisman trophy winners??? If you know anything about college fotball u know that the a swer is easily Notre Dame!!!

Notre Dame hasnt been relevant since the mid 90's.

They have only won 2 bowl games since 1994 and those were only the Hawaii Bowl and Sun Bowl. If you want to talk about nearly 20 years ago, ND had the better program. If you want to talk about recent stuff, its not even comparable.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And if they dont start winning games, they wont have their own TV deal for very long. Ratings are down. Even though ND has a big football following group across the country, people dont want to watch their lackluster teams. If they lose the TV deal, they will be forced to join a conference and IMO the Big Ten wouldn't have anything to do with them right now unless they wanted to become the next super-conference and add another team to balance it out. I dont think they want to do that. They would probably be forced to play in the Big East.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Just shows your ignorance!!!! IF ND ever decided to join a conference...every conference in the country would come running!!!! Funny if ND football is doing so bad....why did NBC just sign a deal to broadcast some of their hockey games??? Fact is NBC keeps throwing money at ND and youre jealous cause osu has to divide all the money from tv!!! Admit it wouldnt you like for osu to have all their games on tv??? and get to keep all the money???

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Ol' Blue:

I am a huge ND fan, season ticket holder, have had family play for the ND Football team, so I am quite tied to the university and have a lot of passion for the program. But why is it, clowns like yourself get on here and spout your mouth off to OSU fans to start trouble? Your argument about OSU's schedule is irrelevant and really has been argued to death. I don't agree with scheduling Kent St. for any D-1 team, but look in the mirror and see which teams set them selves up for success and see who has a National Title in the last ten years. Sure as heck ain't ND and that's because Swarbick enjoys scheduling every 'good" big ten team and USC for us year in and year out. Next year we get Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Michigan St, Stanford...think again if you believe we have a shot in Heck to win a NT playing that schedule week in and week out. Fact is, if we don't lighten up our schedule ND will never win another NT, you can't play the the schedule we have and win. We are an independent team, we can pick and choose who we play more than any other team., blows my mind why we schedule such a difficult schedule.

As for the TV contract, NBC sucks. yeah we are aired week in and week out, but most Irish fans want FOX to buy out the contract. You brag about us having a TV contract??? Do you honestly enjoy watch NBC announcers who also announce figure skating or Pat Haden who up until two years ago rapped on ND every week BC he is a USC junkie? C'mon man...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

therepublican wrote:Ol' Blue:

I am a huge ND fan, season ticket holder, have had family play for the ND Football team, so I am quite tied to the university and have a lot of passion for the program. But why is it, clowns like yourself get on here and spout your mouth off to OSU fans to start trouble? Your argument about OSU's schedule is irrelevant and really has been argued to death. I don't agree with scheduling Kent St. for any D-1 team, but look in the mirror and see which teams set them selves up for success and see who has a National Title in the last ten years. Sure as heck ain't ND and that's because Swarbick enjoys scheduling every 'good" big ten team and USC for us year in and year out. Next year we get Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Michigan St, Stanford...think again if you believe we have a shot in Heck to win a NT playing that schedule week in and week out. Fact is, if we don't lighten up our schedule ND will never win another NT, you can't play the the schedule we have and win. We are an independent team, we can pick and choose who we play more than any other team., blows my mind why we schedule such a difficult schedule.

As for the TV contract, NBC sucks. yeah we are aired week in and week out, but most Irish fans want FOX to buy out the contract. You brag about us having a TV contract??? Do you honestly enjoy watch NBC announcers who also announce figure skating or Pat Haden who up until two years ago rapped on ND every week BC he is a USC junkie? C'mon man...
Well said and 100% spot on.

Your my boy Blue: You are incorrect again. ALL of OSU's games are televised. If you havent noticed, the Big Ten has their own station even though OSU has contractual commitments to ABC/ESPN (all of who have way better announcers than NBC) for most of their games.

I dont really care about who splits the money. I just like watching them on the field.

And not every conference would come running for ND. As even a bonehead like you understands, bowl profits are divided. It doesnt look like ND is raking in the money from their recent bowl games (or lack there of). ND has been a very lackluster program since the early 90's. They are improving, but they are no elite program.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Blue, you should realize that even though every B1G team splits the TV money, every single team in the Big 10 makes more off of TV than ND does from NBC!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Blue, you should realize that even though every B1G team splits the TV money, every single team in the Big 10 makes more off of TV than ND does from NBC!
Agree I think I was hearing that each big ten team gets 21 million a year from them Network dont ND only make around 9 million I might be wrong dont quote me on that

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Bleeding red...I too am a ND season ticket holder...but kinda doubt that you are!!! I'm proud of the fact that ND has a set and steps up and plays big time programs every year!!! Instead of loading up with cupcakes like some teams!!!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Ol' Blue wrote:Bleeding red...I too am a ND season ticket holder...but kinda doubt that you are!!! I'm proud of the fact that ND has a set and steps up and plays big time programs every year!!! Instead of loading up with cupcakes like some teams!!!

They play two teams ranked in the top twenty-five, that is really stepping up. :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ol' Blue wrote:Bleeding red...I too am a ND season ticket holder...but kinda doubt that you are!!! I'm proud of the fact that ND has a set and steps up and plays big time programs every year!!! Instead of loading up with cupcakes like some teams!!!

Thats idiotic. Why in the he!! would I want to be a ND season ticket holder, or go to any of their games for that matter!

I will just hold on to my OSU season tix.......

Oh, and OSU plays more teams in the top 25 than ND........goofball!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

To the seop staff and the posters on this thread. This is the real Ol' Blue here.It just goes to show you what happens when youre away on business and your 14 yr old son figures out your password! If he offended anybody,I'm sorry and he will be dealt with.It's true that I am a life long ND fan but my second favorite team would be my home state Buckeyes!Some very valid arguments were made on here tho! ND has struggled for quite a while now,but hopefully with BK at the helm he will get things back to the past!ND really hasnt been good since the late 80's early 90's. Ohio state had some down years until Tressel got them back to national prominance! My dream every year is to see ND vs. OSU in the national title game! Dont be to hard on my son,the problem has been taken care of! As always GO BUCKS! But mainly GO IRISH!!!

Return to “College Sports”