Top 25 player rankings in college B-Ball

3morethan2
Varsity

Re: Top 25 player rankings in college B-Ball

Post by 3morethan2 »

scheyer isn't even in the top 5 for PG this season but he is good and deserves acc player of the year or the vasquez player from maryland

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

Scheyer of Duke, Downey of South Carolina, and Reynolds of Nova should be on that list for sure.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

At one point Scheyer was averagin nearly 8 assts to one tunrover, that is unreal. Turner is a better pro prospect no doubt, but JJ Redick was never going to be a top flight NBA player either. There are a lot of great college players that never do anything in the nba.

The Big Ten this season is down. The ACC is not great either. The Big East is by far the best conference at this point.

Mo Rohn
Waterboy

Post by Mo Rohn »

peake wrote:At one point Scheyer was averagin nearly 8 assts to one tunrover, that is unreal. Turner is a better pro prospect no doubt, but JJ Redick was never going to be a top flight NBA player either. There are a lot of great college players that never do anything in the nba.

The Big Ten this season is down. The ACC is not great either. The Big East is by far the best conference at this point.

I agree completely! The Big Ten and ACC both suck this year. Like you said earlier, Scheyer has more talent around him with slightly worse stats than Turner...obviously the only reason he has worse stats is due to the other players making more plays. And Orestes, the last time I checked when this kind of situation occurs the opponents NEVER gameplan to stop one player. It just doesn't happen.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Big Ten has 4 teams in the AP top 15. The ACC has 1.

Jay Williams (Duke legend) has this to say on twitter: "john wall is a better prospect, but evan turner is the college basketball player of the year as of now"

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

ACC is down I do not disagree, the Big Ten has teams in the top 25 because they are beating one another in a bad conference. The top team in the Big Ten lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC (UNC). Duke lost to a good Wisconsin team on their floor. If Ohio State is the 13th best team in the country, then this is one of the worst years in CBB history. OSU is a one man team. When Turner is gone they are average at best.

IMO it is not just about points, it is about the shots you hit when it counts. Last night Miami within two with 2 minutes and Scheyer struggling, he hits a 3 to push the lead to 5 as the shot clock expires. Against UNC Scheyer hits a 3 to push the lead to 6 with just under 3 minutes left and then knocks down big free throws. Turner is a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him getting POY on a team that will not be top 10. Often times POY goes to best player on the best team.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

peake wrote:ACC is down I do not disagree, the Big Ten has teams in the top 25 because they are beating one another in a bad conference. The top team in the Big Ten lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC (UNC). Duke lost to a good Wisconsin team on their floor. If Ohio State is the 13th best team in the country, then this is one of the worst years in CBB history.OSU is a one man team. When Turner is gone they are average at best.

IMO it is not just about points, it is about the shots you hit when it counts. Last night Miami within two with 2 minutes and Scheyer struggling, he hits a 3 to push the lead to 5 as the shot clock expires. Against UNC Scheyer hits a 3 to push the lead to 6 with just under 3 minutes left and then knocks down big free throws. Turner is a great player, no doubt, but I don't see him getting POY on a team that will not be top 10. Often times POY goes to best player on the best team.

I'm a Duke fan and you have to be kidding about this. Every team has usually one good player that makes the team what they are. And Ohio State with Evan Turner should be ranked 13th. Take John Scheyer away from Duke and they become more average. Take John Wall away from UK, they would become more average. Take Scottie Renoylds away from Nova they become average. You can go pick one player off of about every team and they become more average.

Mo Rohn
Waterboy

Post by Mo Rohn »

peake wrote:ACC is down I do not disagree, the Big Ten has teams in the top 25 because they are beating one another in a bad conference. The top team in the Big Ten lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC (UNC). Duke lost to a good Wisconsin team on their floor. If Ohio State is the 13th best team in the country, then this is one of the worst years in CBB history. OSU is a one man team. When Turner is gone they are average at best.

Exactly! Ohio State is a pretty good team but only because of Turner. Without Turner Ohio State would be horrible, he's by far the best player on the team. Calling them a one man team is dead on. There is no way Turner should be the POY

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not kidding at all. If Scheyer is not on the Duke team they are still a top 25 team, if Turner is not on the OSU team then they are lucky to win a couple Big Ten games. Watch what happends when Ohio State plays Michigan with Turner vs without him. Ohio State is not a top 15 team imo. Top 25 yes, but if they are a sweet 16 team I would be very suprised.

Mo Rohn
Waterboy

Post by Mo Rohn »

peake wrote:I am not kidding at all. If Scheyer is not on the Duke team they are still a top 25 team, if Turner is not on the OSU team then they are lucky to win a couple Big Ten games. Watch what happends when Ohio State plays Michigan with Turner vs without him. Ohio State is not a top 15 team imo. Top 25 yes, but if they are a sweet 16 team I would be very suprised.

Again, it's like we're sharing a brain. Scheyer deserves it more! He's the best player on a team that would be pretty much just as good without him. While Turner is the best player on a team that would be horrible without him. Since you're at Duke, you're smart enough to know what's going on.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The Big Ten is not very good IMO either. We can go around and around. Turner is a great player, but I feel the award will be given to the best player on the best team. Just like the Heisman, the best player on the best team won it, not the best player that year.

Return to “College Sports”