Total votes: 0

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Re: John Wall or Evan Turner?

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Pepsiman wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:That's what I thought

:roll: :roll:

You really need a doctor to check your eyes cause their might be something wrong if they roll that much.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Evan Turner = player of the year :!:

Hey pepsiman click here
http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploa ... ke-can.jpg
Last edited by Amen Corner on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:That's what I thought

:roll: :roll:

You really need a doctor to check your eyes cause their might be something wrong if they roll that much.

Don'ttttttttttttt.....quit your..........day job................ :roll:

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Amen Corner wrote:Evan Turner = player of the year :!:

Hey pepsiman click here
http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploa ... ke-can.jpg

Evan Almighty does it again :122245

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wall play out of control at times

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Pepsiman wrote:
The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:

Don'ttttttttttttt.....quit your..........day job................ :roll:

I DONT EVEN HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!!

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

noreply66 wrote:Wall play out of control at times

Wall and Bledsoe are often out of control. This is a problem that could bite in the tournament

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

There is a reason why Wall is going to be the #1 draft pick and why Turner isn't. Turner is putting up great numbers for a Junior. Let John Wall stay for 2 more years and see what his numbers are. I would rather Wall make turnovers by going 100 mph and hustling, rather just making stupid unnecessary turnovers. I would rather have Turner for 3 years than Wall for 1, but beggars can't be choosers.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Wall will do fine at the next level. They love to have players who carry the ball for three steps!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

FSUfly#13 wrote:There is a reason why Wall is going to be the #1 draft pick and why Turner isn't. Turner is putting up great numbers for a Junior. Let John Wall stay for 2 more years and see what his numbers are. I would rather Wall make turnovers by going 100 mph and hustling, rather just making stupid unnecessary turnovers. I would rather have Turner for 3 years than Wall for 1, but beggars can't be choosers.

Imagine Turners numbers if he had Cousins or Patterson to help out...

hoosier3434
Waterboy

Post by hoosier3434 »

fhs_shl11 wrote:Turner by far the better player. Do you think John Wall would have close to the stats he has without Patterson and Cousins? Those two draw alot of attention off of Wall. But Evan Turner doesnt have that other strong player like Wall does, and he has 2.
When it comes down to it, you have to ask who you would want on your team if you had to win that ONE game...and obviously its Turner because he has proven he can carry a team and i dont think Wall has.

Coudnt have said it better myself exactly what i was thinking.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Congrats to Evan Turner..... P O Y :122245

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Updated: April 3, 2010, 12:04 AM ET
Turner dominates player of year votingEmail Print Comments 316Share1024 retweet 241ESPN.com news services

INDIANAPOLIS -- As Evan Turner clutched The Associated Press player of the year trophy and posed for yet another photo, he couldn't escape a little ribbing.

AP player of the year voting
After recovering from a back injury, Ohio State junior swingman Evan Turner put up season averages of 20.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists.

Vts
Evan Turner Ohio State 54
John Wall Kentucky 9
Da'Sean Butler W. Virginia 1
Luke Harangody Notre Dame 1

"That going to fit at home?" Ohio State teammate David Lighty said Friday as Turner walked past with the award.

"This is going to be a window ornament," Turner shot back as both laughed.

It's got to be a good feeling to receive almost every player of the year honor and have a couple of teammates make a 2½-hour drive to see you get the latest one as part of the Final Four festivities.

"They have been there for me my whole career, and they are here now," Turner said. "They really are family, and this shows it."

Turner, a 6-foot-7 junior swingman who averaged 20.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists, received 54 votes from the 65-member national media panel. Kentucky freshman John Wall was second with nine votes.

Lighty and Dallas Lauderdale never hesitated about making the 175-mile drive from Columbus, Ohio, to see the presentation.

"He told us he was getting this, and we said we'd come," said Lauderdale, who quickly added neither he nor Lighty missed class to be there.

There weren't many people who thought Turner would win national honors after he broke two bones in his back when he fell after a dunk on Dec. 5.

He missed six games -- which the Buckeyes split -- then he returned to lead them to the Big Ten title and a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

"I was going to be as cautious as I possibly could to make sure he was 100 percent when he came back," Ohio State coach Thad Matta said. "He would sit and watch practice, dribbling the ball around his chair, between his legs. He was diligent in his work ethic and did a great job."

Turner said awards were the last thing on his mind during those weeks when he was forced to watch his teammates get ready for the conference season.

"I just wanted to get back to my team and be the same player I was," said Turner, who hasn't yet decided whether he will return for his senior season. "I started understanding more that life throws you curveballs, and sometimes it builds a better person in how you deal with that."

And his teammates rewarded him by taking the trophy back to campus in the trunk of their car.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Turner-POY!

Return to “College Sports”