If Evan Turner comes back next year........

Peake
SEOP

Re: If Evan Turner comes back next year........

Post by Peake »

Last night Singler addressed the crowd saying he is coming back. Should be a very good year in basketball next year especially if Turner comes back, but I can't see how he passes up top 5 money.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

If early draft projections are accurate if Turner stays he is foolish as painful as that is to say coming from a Bucks fan. However, I think the college guys forming early projections on espn are far from what actually will/can happen on draft day and his spot will be determined mostly on who comes out early. Cousins and Wall will both go before him in the draft and I think they both come out early to be one-two or one-three. Alot depends on what Turner shows the scouts athletically because as smooth and smart as he appears, he still lacks that burst and explosion that most NBA guys have especially the 2s and 3s. He also lacks consistancy in his jumper for NBA standards.

He is the POY in my opinion in college ball and would certainly be favored next year but if his stock is high enough this year he would be foolish to stay. Let's not forget that as much value as a college diploma has, NBA lottery picks usually get a huge signing bonus, a big contract, and even bigger endorsements which in most cases (all cases) total more than anyone's lifetime earning potential on SEOPS or in most fields. Think about it, if a guy makes a modest 40 million initially and then plays out his initial contract earning another modest 10 million dollars he has made more than he would with a degree without question.

But if he does then tOSU should be top 3 preseason. Hopefully we can get Lighty out from under the basket and let him redevelop his outside abilities while using his defensive and rebounding prescence especially with people his own size. Get Turner off the ball some, make Deibler and Beuford fight for pt and work the young guys in early. We make a push for a deep tourny run.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Some contract math

..Initial Value
-10% to agents, accountants, other retainers
-40% to the federal and state governments
-property taxes which typically will be well into the 6 figures
-houses, cars, and various unnessesary to us, but nessessary to them items
-money for the homies, possy, and other hager-ons
-charitable donations because your either sincere, or you want to look good
=Living paycheck to paycheck, and having ntohing to fall back on if you do get hurt and your career ends.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I forgot Child support, take out another 30-50% right after the federal tax line!!!

That is, if they pay it.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

[quote="gahs4ever"]Turner MAY come back because Prahalis will only be a junior....lol!

lol i was thinking the same.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

gahs4ever wrote: But then, back in the day the NBA routinely played exhibition games in high school gyms because no one cared. I attended one such game played in the Hatton Gym at Chillicothe High School in the mid 60s between the Oscar Robertson/Jerry Lucas led Cincinnati Royals and the Detroit Pistons.

Around 1963 I saw the Big "O" in a game at the Fairgrounds in Columbus.......... :!:

on topic, I think the Bucks would be ranked no worse than 3rd in the preseason polls.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Most athletes, especially high profile athletes, never struggle financially. Sure some do but most don't. Also most don't make lottery pick money so I think ET would be just fine unless he is a complete moron.

I have no problem with the salaries because most pro sports have a give back clause meaning that ownership must payout a certain percentage of yearly earnings to salaries of players eliminating office personnel and the owners themselves from pocketing huge salaries. The players should make the money if anyone in the organization does make it. Anyone ever watch the Cavs attorneys, team doctors, accountants, owner, or marketing team play ball and how much would you pay for a ticket to those games?? How about a jersey or autograph from the team doctor??

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Back on topic, I think the Bucks are top three with him but top 6 without him next year preseason. Of course if he and Beuford both go that really changes the landscape of the team.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

go back to the old hardship rules of the 60s

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think he returns to try and win a championship. Bucks have a good class coming in.

I don't see Buford leaving because he is just not ready yet, of course neither were Mullens or Koufos and they both left. Koufos is now in the D-league and Mullens is getting about 15 minutes a game and averaging around 3 pts per game. Would have been nice to have had him on this years team.

The sad thing is think back to who they would have had this year. Oden, Conley and Cook would have been Seniors. Koufos would have been a Junior and Mullens a Sophomore. Throw in what they have there now and WOW!!!!!! what a team.

Return to “College Sports”