Marshall vs Western Carolina

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: Marshall vs Western Carolina

Post by IronTigerMum »

I have never been to a Marshall basketball game. I only went to see Brigham, but, was excited at the prospect of seeing a college basketball game, since I only get to see football most of the time. I could NOT believe the amount of bellyaching of the Marshall fans around me! At one point a fella sitting behind us screamed about a foul being intentional on a Marshall player. It was the last minute of the game. The game was close. The foul was something that wouldn't hurt a baby! I had to laugh at that one. The ratio of foul shots-unbelievable! Marshall was not the better team on the floor that night. What a great scrappy bunch those Catamounts are! They didn't quit. Thank you Brigham for being the class act you are and representing Southern Ohio as well as you did! Those of us from Ironton were proud!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

you know u ppl will be going with the ironton kid, haha but he didnt even play for itown his senior year lol he left u guys lol

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Matt52: I would pull for Brigham because of other affiliations through church and family, not just Ironton. I was glad I was finally able to watch him play a college game!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

im just talking about everyone hatin on marshall and their fans, just b/c brigham lost a game

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Matt52: I do NOT hate Marshall or their fans. Did you see the word 'hate' in my post? It was my first basketball game to see there. The fans around me bellyached the WHOLE game! Did you see the foul shot ratio? If the foul shots had been ANY closer, Marshall would have been beaten by a "Bush League" team. That comes from the mouth of another Marshall fan that was in front of me when I was leaving. I could give you COUNTLESS remarks and bellyaching, but, just suffice it to say that I've been around sports all my life and I've NEVER heard so much whining! First impressions can't be taken back. I know first hand what it takes for those kids to play basketball and be in college as I'm the mom of a college student/athlete and I would NEVER take anything away from any player on the court OR on the bench for EITHER team! I wish the Herd the best, but, am still proud as punch of Brigham! Now, I'm onto rooting on the Lady Tigers to win their Final Four game. Have a good one!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

haha they lost too

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

Matt52 wrote:im just talking about everyone hatin on marshall and their fans, just b/c brigham lost a game

My "hatin on marshall and their fans" has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but the way the fans acted. To be honest, I have disliked Marshall for the better part of 2 decades, way before Brigham was even in school. Marshall fans have felt some sort of entitlement since they won national titles in football in 1AA. The bottom line is, their athletic programs are irrelevant on a national level and that just kills their fans. They were one of the big fish in a little pond and they are having trouble surviving with the bigger fish in the big pond. The fans always want to point at someone else (i.e the officials, NCAA, coaches, etc.) instead of realizing what they are and their limitations. They just can't accept that they pretty much reached their plateau. They are in conference they don't belong in, their football program is in the crapper and their basketball team is below average. Their fans cry that they should be in the NIT but they seem to be exactly where they belong, in the CIT narrowly edging the 3rd or 4th best team in the SOCON.

Return to “College Sports”