Ohio State fans plan to send message to College GameDay with Boycott

Omega
SEOPS H

Ohio State fans plan to send message to College GameDay with Boycott

Post by Omega »

Hey, I am a Buckeye fan, yet I have found the conspiracy theories about ESPN and their alleged SEC bias to be just envy for OSU historical performance shortcomings against teams from SEC land.

From Saturdays Down South
Ohio State fans are trying to send a message to ESPN and “College GameDay” with a boycott on Saturday morning as they prepare to take on Penn State. The message? The network is biased toward the SEC, and instead, fans will support FOX Sports’ pregame show “Big Noon Kickoff,” at Ohio State.

There’s also the Big Ten Network’s “BTN Tailgate” on campus.

“The choice is clear,” according to one tweet. “You can be one place at one time. Support the network that supports you and your conference, or the one that bashes you and has a proven bias towards the SEC.”

There’s also the chance to stop by and see former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, who is an analyst on FOX Sports.

When ESPN announced it would come to Columbus, Ohio, Buckeyes fans jumped on the chance to call out the perceived bias with tweets like, “I figured you’d be at the Bama Western Carolina game but I’ll be happy to walk by you on the way to the Fox pregame.”

There was also this kind of statement: “Seriously…@OhioStateFB fans should make a concerted effort to just stay away from espn game day. After everything they pulled last year And the blatant SEC bias. espn should just stay home.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colle ... h-boycott/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Ohio State fans plan to send message to College GameDay with Boycott

Post by cbolt »

Kind of childish if ya ask me. I have heard Herbsteit and others on there giving them plenty of praise. I'm sure the Gameday crew will have plenty of supporters come Saturday, but we will see. Wonder how TOSU fans would feel if SEC teams would boycott Big Noon ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ESPN has an extreme biased towards Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. OSU people are so dumb

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They need some cheese with that Bias whine complaint. :lol: :lol: 9 and 5 would probably call it crying in scarlet wine. :lol: :lol:

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 pm ESPN has an extreme biased towards Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. OSU people are so dumb
I wouldn't boycott it, but I would never watch Gameday either. It has become mind-numbingly dumb. The opening song is therefore perfectly suited for the show.

Saturday mornings are good for brunch, EPL, and maybe a bit of Urban Meyer's actually sound analysis.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm They need some cheese with that Bias whine complaint. :lol: :lol: 9 and 5 would probably call it crying in scarlet wine. :lol: :lol:
Couldn't of said it better, trench!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 pm ESPN has an extreme biased towards Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. OSU people are so dumb
I wouldn't boycott it, but I would never watch Gameday either. It has become mind-numbingly dumb. The opening song is therefore perfectly suited for the show.

Saturday mornings are good for brunch, EPL, and maybe a bit of Urban Meyer's actually sound analysis.
EPL and german Bundesliga....big 10-4!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just for grins & giggles let's just take the OSU all-time records against the 7 SEC teams that I consider the best over the years in no particular order ( Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee) and let's add the other 3 historically good teams they've played over the years down South with Florida St., Miami and Clemson. No South bias, it's real until you can beat the man.

Bowl games - (1st game was 1977) - OSU 2 wins 14 losses
Reg. season - (1st game was 1917) - OSU 2 wins 5 losses 2 ties

* Overall 4-19-2 against the best teams down South for the B10's overall best program for the last 50 years is not good. I personally have always wanted to see regular season matchups between the Bucks and teams down there but it'll never happen, especially now with the CFP in place.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm Just for grins & giggles let's just take the OSU all-time records against the 7 SEC teams that I consider the best over the years in no particular order ( Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee) and let's add the other 3 historically good teams they've played over the years down South with Florida St., Miami and Clemson. No South bias, it's real until you can beat the man.

Bowl games - (1st game was 1977) - OSU 2 wins 14 losses
Reg. season - (1st game was 1917) - OSU 2 wins 5 losses 2 ties

* Overall 4-19-2 against the best teams down South for the B10's overall best program for the last 50 years is not good. I personally have always wanted to see regular season matchups between the Bucks and teams down there but it'll never happen, especially now with the CFP in place.
Let me take these certain teams of my choosing to create a stat that will demonstrate a point I want to make (i.e., choosing SC over Arkansas, leaving out Texas A&M, etc.)

In the last 10 years, how is OSU doing against those same schools? I'd think 10 years is more relevant to now than 1977 or 1917. I think it's Clemson who has done the recent damage (and Florida when OSU didn't have a coach and was 6-7).

"it's real until you can beat the man" - then people should have shoved it when OSU beat Bama (where it was more like double digits besides the TD against the prevent D).

Check OSU against those hand-picked schools with respect to NFL rosters. Does it seem lopsided against OSU, or are the NFL scouts and coaches missing the boat?

Since 1999, Michigan is 6-5 against the SEC in bowl games. Wow! Michigan has beaten the man! That must mean it's been an amazingly successful 20 years of football for Michigan!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm They need some cheese with that Bias whine complaint. :lol: :lol: 9 and 5 would probably call it crying in scarlet wine. :lol: :lol:
Surprised ole 9 and 5 isn't all over this, Old Timer. :lol: :lol: Right up his alley on stuff like this. :lol: :lol: I've been looking for the Big OSU pacifier to come out any day now. Can't believe ole 9 and 5 hasn't been on the OSU/PSU thread any this week yet. :lol:

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:06 pm
Surprised ole 9 and 5 isn't all over this, Old Timer. :lol: :lol: Right up his alley on stuff like this. :lol: :lol: I've been looking for the Big OSU pacifier to come out any day now. Can't believe ole 9 and 5 hasn't been on the OSU/PSU thread any this week yet. :lol:
Great minds think alike trench...lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:06 pm

Great minds think alike trench...lol
:) :P :D

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm* Overall 4-19-2 against the best teams down South for the B10's overall best program for the last 50 years is not good. I personally have always wanted to see regular season matchups between the Bucks and teams down there but it'll never happen, especially now with the CFP in place.
It is going to happen. Problem is we have live until 2030 when Georgia and the Bucks start a home and home. We might get to see Bammer invade Wisconsin in 2024. :(

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hae guy's, nobody is telling you that you can't watch them. If you enjoy Kurt,and Desmond, and poor old Lee, whatever toots your whistle. I've watched them plenty of times, on TV and upclose at the game. to me there act is growing a little stale, same ole boring stuff. ( I can think of a better word ) I may be wrong, but I do think that Fox is hurting them as far as the ratings are concerned though. It's the same with the other networks also, I have watched Fox but only because Urban is on it. I usually turn the TV on for the Buckeyes, turn the sound completely off, have my radio tuned in to Paul Keels and Jim Lachey, and I'm then ready for the Buckeyes. It can be both good and bad sometimes, it may vary by 1 or 2 seconds at times depending on the network, but regardless the TV is always 3-5 seconds behind the game. It's great at times when I know what I'm getting ready to see, and then at other times the other option may come into play. Go Buck's.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I'll admit I been watching Big Noon every weekend this year also because Meyer is on there. I suspect a lot of other people are too. I want to hear what he has to say. If not for him I probably wouldn't be watching. I like Gameday better because it has been around so long and have so many memories from watching it. I liked it better when Fowler was still there and his Meechigan words. Also love the buildup to Corso's hat prediction. I kind of like Gus Johnson's excitement doing games but hate Fox making these noon game times for big games. It sucks for pregame celebrating. I will record both shows this week! Will be interested to see has the better ratings. Gameday announced awhile back they have had their best year since 2015.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

SEC bias... give me a break. Over the last 10, 15, 20 years the product on the field proves that football in the south is better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Boycotting Game Day, now that’s funny.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Don’t know what to say.

Just go win 5more games and shut everyone up.

#2 going to wreck havoc

GO BUCKS!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

As Al Davis used to say...

"Just win baby!"

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Doesn't look like a boycott to me. Same amount of people as every week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”