Let's Go Bucks!

14:00 left in the game.

OSU - 51
TEN - 47

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Ohio State vs Tennessee- Sweet 16

Post by Hoggy »

TEN is getting several offensive rebounds. OSU better start boxing out!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Buckeyes trailing 68-63 with 3:50 remaining.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

try, those 3 officials were bruce pearls B! turner was repeatedly hammered the last 4 possessions and NO calls.......yet the go ahead basket was a tip in that was still on the rim. the officials in this tournament have been pathetic at best

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Refs in that game were cheating , so obvious, they should be fired, contolled the game refs are ruinining a great sport and i am tired of it. something needs to be done about these pathetic indiviuals that are reffing this game.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

I have been reffing basketball for several years and i watch every single call and play and the refs is this game were so obvious who they were for.. If you notice they were slow to call tenn calls andd very quick on the whistle on osu calls and were so inconsistant on opposite sides that if you were as blind as bat you would have seen what was going on.. these refs should never be aloowed back on a basketball court again and have there license taken away. sorry about spelling.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I wanted the Buckeyes to win as bad as anyone else and yes the refs were horrible(both ways)
9-23 from 3-point land for the Buckeyes along with .431 shooting % is what beaT them along wIth playing only two bench players.

Tenn played 10 and was able to get inside all night especially when the the Buckeyes were dead tired.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Refs let UT do pretty much what ever they wanted. Chism throws Lighty to the floor opening up the lane for Hopson, no call.

Williams throws madsen to the floor on a block out, no call.

UT being allowed to play there style of ball was the difference in the game. Granted, Bucks didn't rebound the greatest allowing UT alot of offnesive rebounds, but even when they did get position, UT would just shove them out of the way to make room.

On a side note, WTF was Madsen doing in the game that late. HE IS TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That girl pass he threw to Turner that got stolen late in the game was very sad and then UT goes to the other end and drives on him and hits a shot. No way he should have been on the floor that late in the game.

Wishful thinking but hope that Turner comes back for his Senior year. Man can he play.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabba: unfortunately, Madsen was on the floor because Lauderdale was on the bench at the time with a bruised vagina. Weak effort from DL and anybody not named Evan Turner tonight. tOSU did not deserve to win that game.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I wanted the Buckeyes to win as bad as anyone else and yes the refs were horrible(both ways)
9-23 from 3-point land for the Buckeyes along with .431 shooting % is what beaT them along wIth playing only two bench players.

Tenn played 10 and was able to get inside all night especially when the the Buckeyes were dead tired.

Come, do you really not think that UT got away with alot more physical stuff? I mean that take down late in the game would have been Williams' 5th foul, so it wasn't called.

That clear out by Chism on Lighty was a blatant as they come. Willima should haqve fouled out way earlier in this game. Lighty third foul early in the 2nd half was a clear push by Williams and the ref was right in front of it.

Like you said, the Bucks didn't shoot the greatest, but when someone is bumping you or smacking you on a lot of shots, any team will shoot that poorly.

I thought they were the three worst refs I've ever seen at that level and I'm not saying that just because the Bucks lost. There were a few phantom fouls on UT drives to the basket that gave them and ones. One was called by a ref at halfcourt that no one in hades he could have seen if there was a foul or not. That was the one that Matta was griping about that one time.

Another note, Bill rafftery used to be an announcer I liked to listen to. He was stroking UT and Pearl so much I thought they were a couple.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tough loss to take..thats all Im saying! :mad: :mad: :mad:

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

I have watched poor officiating this whole tourney. Icannot understand the inconsisentcy of how theses games are called. Obviously with no inside presence the Bucks were in for a long night. Time after time Tenn bigs manhandled the Bucks on the glass.As bad as Turner was pushed around all the games Icould not blame him for heading to the NBA.The CBS was horrible. The game has passed by old timer Raftery.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Much like the women's team and Prahalis, if you play defense and keep a hand and body in Diebler's face he "will not" at the college level make all those baskets. The last couple of games he is coming off screens / switches and is wide wide open for the three pointers he's made. This will be the key as Turner will be offset by UT's inside guys which should be a pretty even matchup. (Tennessee by 7).

I didn't quite nail the exact score on my prediction yesterday above but Diebler had 3 points tonight I believe. Tennessee had #32 shadowing him wherever he went all night long so he wouldn't get a good look. The one time he did not have a hand in his face, he nailed it.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa19
we got cheated... the refs don't like us

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Rebounding, points in paint for Tenn and no Diebler....is why OSU lost!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Amen Corner wrote:Rebounding, points in paint for Tenn and no Diebler....is why OSU lost!

last I seen, points in paint...TENN 46...OHIO STATE 16..OR 19 :oops: :oops:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Buckeyes really need to get a true center A.S.A.P.

Maybe next season we will see more than a 6 player rotation.

Overall this was a very good season for O.S.U.

Sad to have seen it end the way it did and sadder to see it end against any SEC team.

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

The reason I think Turner got no call on that last shot was that maybe the refs thought on his first attempt he was trying to get fouled? It looked that way to me.On the second attempt it was a clean block.In short, had he not made it look like he was trying to buy a foul on the first one maybe they might have called it on the second?

Return to “College Sports”