Re: #2 OSU vs #3 Clemson National Semi Final

Post by countywide35 »

lets get rested and healed up dazd!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Hard to put pressure on QB's when they take 3 step drops and get ball out under 2 seconds. LB's are the one I worry about. defending TE's and RB's out of the Backfield is this teams Achilles heal. Hopefully Tuf Borland and others come ready to play!

I am guessing

Ohio State 35 Clemson 31

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohio state will be ready fellers. they got that out of their system last week against the badgers about being out of focus a bit. but wisconsin is a beast. and they were number 8 in the country.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:09 am ohio state will be ready fellers. they got that out of their system last week against the badgers about being out of focus a bit. but wisconsin is a beast. and they were number 8 in the country.

And playing them for a second time in a short span. Wisconsin should have done what they did the first half. Ya know they do have one of the best RBs they have ever had of not the best. And that says something. I don’t care WHAT LEVEL of football you are at from the 3rd grade to the Pros. If you can run the football. You got a fighting chance in ANY game. And when the bucks had to adjust. Battle back. And win the football game. BY RUNNING the ball in 2nd half. They got penalized for it. O well. It’s a blessing in disguise

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ohio State will be ready and give a great effort but will fall short, with Clemson pulling away late by something like 38-24. Lawrence's edge over Fields is his ability for quick reads and releases and I think Clemson's defense will eventually wear out State's offensive line in the fourth quarter.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Clemson wearing the OSU offense and offensive line out?????.....interesting….what makes you believe that scenario will happen???

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 pm Clemson wearing the OSU offense and offensive line out?????.....interesting….what makes you believe that scenario will happen???
I believe Clemson will sell out on the pass rush. OSU has had trouble protecting a somewhat immobile Fields the last three games. State has a strong line, but they have yet to face the athleticism that Clemson possesses. Speed kills.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 pm Clemson wearing the OSU offense and offensive line out?????.....interesting….what makes you believe that scenario will happen???
Because Omega is the most pessimist fan on this board lol

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 pm Ohio State will be ready and give a great effort but will fall short, with Clemson pulling away late by something like 38-24. Lawrence's edge over Fields is his ability for quick reads and releases and I think Clemson's defense will eventually wear out State's offensive line in the fourth quarter.
Agree, much like Auburn will do with Minny in their game. (South schools d-lines are usually shorter but most times more hefty lb. wise and quicker than other conferences).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... fYqlIYcbtE

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:14 am
I will own up to that. While I try to be realistic about my OSU fandom, a lot of it stems from six decades of disappointment following the Buckeyes. Call it an emotional defense mechanism. Believe me I want OSU to win the national championship, but I will be surprised if they do.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:14 am
I will own up to that. While I try to be realistic about my OSU fandom, a lot of it stems from six decades of disappointment following the Buckeyes. Call it an emotional defense mechanism. Believe me I want OSU to win the national championship, but I will be surprised if they do.
Same with me Omega. I was a teenager during the Stanford, USC (twice) and UCLA losses from 70-76 under Woody and was in the Marine Corps when they lost to USC again in 79 under Earle. All those were essentially Nat'l title losses even though OSU gets credit for the 70 title because of the split titles back then. They were sleepwalking in the 80's going 9-3 or so usually, then came Coop who couldn't win the big one's when needed then after 30 years Tress wins one with Coop's kids but loses 2 with his kids. Urban had to leave after not getting in the playoff games two years running and being demolished the year before that. One things for sure , Ohio State is a school that recruits itself and always has been in my lifetime so they have Top 5 talent every year but haven't shown it on the field in a lot of instances regardless of who was coaching. The Big10 has 2 shared and 2 outright titles in 50 years so the perceived SEC or even Deep South bias is just not so. Win some games on the big stage that matter more than once every 12 years and the national perspective can be changed. The same goes for basketball where the last B10 nat'l title was 20 years ago this season and the conference has lost the last 7 times they've appeared in it since then. With that being said, I'm a pessimist also because of past futility in both basketball and football.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well. I’m a Browns fan so I can feel your struggles of constant faith in the buckeyes. However, no matter the situation and team rather being the Browns or Buckeyes I won’t be a part time fan or kick my team while down. I hope to see for the third time in my life see the bucks win a national title and my youngest boy of 9 his 2nd national title. Maybe his life span will see the bucks become of dominant force and when oodles of titles. As for our love of the browns god willing we could just see a winning season become the norm.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My prediction

Ohio State 35
Clemson 28

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:56 pm My prediction

Ohio State 35
Clemson 28
Woody had just lost to Bama and Bear Bryant the year before 35-6 I believe in his first and last game between the two and when Charley Pell's Clemson team won this game with the interception the old man just lost it and this was a sad way for him to be remembered by a lot of people.

(Watch whole game below:)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... BpQiWfcyqp

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

So you think Ryan Day is going to cold clock one of their linebackers, raider? I have seen my share of disappointments also which makes me a little pessy mistic . The one that stung me the most was that 1980 Rose Bowl. Bucks had the Trojans on the ropes for the natty then Charles White did his famous dive over the goal line, ouch punch to the gut! Glad I wasn't old enough to see that debacle in 1969 against ttun, might have looked for the nearest bridge to jump off of. Surprised Woody didn't body slam a ttun player in that one.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Woody throws a mean a punch 😂

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:09 am ohio state will be ready fellers. they got that out of their system last week against the badgers about being out of focus a bit. but wisconsin is a beast. and they were number 8 in the country.

And playing them for a second time in a short span. Wisconsin should have done what they did the first half. Ya know they do have one of the best RBs they have ever had of not the best. And that says something. I don’t care WHAT LEVEL of football you are at from the 3rd grade to the Pros. If you can run the football. You got a fighting chance in ANY game. And when the bucks had to adjust. Battle back. And win the football game. BY RUNNING the ball in 2nd half. They got penalized for it. O well. It’s a blessing in disguise
absolutely my friend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:05 am
I believe Clemson will sell out on the pass rush. OSU has had trouble protecting a somewhat immobile Fields the last three games. State has a strong line, but they have yet to face the athleticism that Clemson possesses. Speed kills.
that is the elephant in the room right now. can we protect our qb. and hopefully this time off has allowed him to heal some. because if he is made one dimensional because of his knee, that's a huge loss, because he can gash you in so many ways on an rpo. so if that is the case, we have to be extra mindful of executing our blocks for an extra second or two, to provide him the time. our defense being so awesome will help keep this situation a lil less drastic. make no mistake. we are gonna have to strap the feedbag on, and score a lot of points, because the tigers can score them just as well as the bucks. what I'm curious to see, is with Clemson having a relatively much easier schedule, by no fault of their own, the acc just is down talent wise right now. has it possibly softened the underbelly like taking one to many gut shots in a prizefight any. while the buckeyes have continued to grind through a gauntlet that has them battle tested, and honed. that could be a very key elent that provides just the difference we may need. and one thing a bit different from urban is, if day gets you down, he ain't throttling down. he's still gonna try to push the pedal through the floor board. and that type mentality can break an opponents back, and instill doubts way early in a game. Clemson is absolutely awesome though. I love dabo, I love how he openly shares his love of Christ. how he gets in there and hangs with the players. and seems very young at heart. he is definitely a players coach. they are the defending national champions, and have been amazing for years now. and coach day is getting the same thing done. it should be epic. but I feel ohio state pulls this out. and who would have ever believed after all the losses we endured player wise and coach wise after losing urban. that he could be replaced without missing a beat. and urban has 3 national titles, and I love the guy. but we have built even a deeper team. and deeper staff, and day is 16-0 as the head buckeye. and most agree maybe the most talented roster in the country. I'm very stoked about this matchup. that kind of stuff, is what Hollywood makes movies about.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Yes it's fine to hope Fields will be healed up but he still has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long waiting for plays to develop. I'm sure Coach Day will also have some quick drops and screens in the playbook if Clemson comes hunting. Get the ball into JK's hands behind the rush and make the DBs tackle him. Also, Fields is hitting the TEs more now. I think we'll be OK. Just remember we're not playing Rutgers and Maryland anymore.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

.....and Clemson sure as hell ain't playing Wofford anymore. Wofford? ACC may be down but Wofford?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “College Sports”