Derek Roback - ND

hbk2016
Varsity

Derek Roback - ND

Post by hbk2016 »

Anyone heard how D. Roback is doing at Summer Workouts?

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Re: Derek Roback - ND

Post by Spenceman »

hope he doing a good job for the Irish,but i kinda see him getting red shirted tho.just a gut feeling.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

What is your problem, I would say most folks who know him care how he is doing.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

05buckeye wrote:who cares?

Jealousy is such a nasty thing. :roll:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I don't know Derek but anyone capable of being recruited and going to any DI school to play any sport is a great player let alone to be signed by a school like Notre Dame, period. A lot of those kids even if they don't make the starting lineups or have their name in lights and maybe just play special teams or whatever are far and away better athletes than those who come on here and degrade them. I would have loved to get a scholarship back in the day because I had the heart, the passion and gave it my all but I wasn't big enough (5'10, 165 then) nor fast enough. It would be good (since very few DI athletes in SEO are known nationally) if Derek panned out and became a good college player but if he just sticks it out with the academics and gets a degree from Notre Dame he can just about get a job anywhere in the USA. Even though their football team has been questioned the last decade or so their academics are highly rated. Good luck to the kid :aaaaa41

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Who crapped on your Cheerios? Derek goes to my church, so I'll see what I can find out.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

The green eyed monster of jealousy rears it's ugly head. 05buckeye displays his lack of class and wins the prize for the most stupid reply.

I hope nothing but the best for Derek. It is such a great achievement to receive a scholarship and even more impressive to get one from Notre Dame. Good luck Derek and enjoy every moment!

05buckeye will be watching you play on the television set as he sits and tells everyone how good he used to be.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I don't know Derek but anyone capable of being recruited and going to any DI school to play any sport is a great player let alone to be signed by a school like Notre Dame, period. A lot of those kids even if they don't make the starting lineups or have their name in lights and maybe just play special teams or whatever are far and away better athletes than those who come on here and degrade them. I would have loved to get a scholarship b :122248 ack in the day because I had the heart, the passion and gave it my all but I wasn't big enough (5'10, 165 then) nor fast enough. It would be good (since very few DI athletes in SEO are known nationally) if Derek panned out and became a good college player but if he just sticks it out with the academics and gets a degree from Notre Dame he can just about get a job anywhere in the USA. Even though their football team has been questioned the last decade or so their academics are highly rated. Good luck to the kid :aaaaa41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i could not agree with you more anybody locally that would say who cares , has to be a moron. or not local.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Paladin wrote:Scott Gasser of Logan, a former SEOAL MVP, was a three year starter for ND back when they knew how to play football. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Logan has had a number of starters at D-I programs.

Good for him and Logan but I am pretty sure this topic isn't about Logan.( I know that is hard for you to believe, but people do talk about other teams and players.)

I hope Mr. Roback does great at ND. I really hope he graduates and goes on to have a great life. If he gets to play or start than thats even better.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I was told that Derek is enjoying college so far. Hasn't found the classwork to be as hard as expected, and is working hard on conditioning. I hope everyone wishes him well- he's a good kid who doesn't expect things to be given to him.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Wish him the best!!

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Paladin wrote:Scott Gasser of Logan, a former SEOAL MVP, was a three year starter for ND back when they knew how to play football. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Logan has had a number of starters at D-I programs.

Good for him and Logan but I am pretty sure this topic isn't about Logan.( I know that is hard for you to believe, but people do talk about other teams and players.)

I hope Mr. Roback does great at ND. I really hope he graduates and goes on to have a great life. If he gets to play or start than thats even better.

Tigerbait:
could not agree with you more anybody locally that would say who cares , has to be a moron. or not local.
^^^^^^^^^^
What he said Orange and Brown^^^
It's about College Football, the player mentioned, the TEAM mentioned, and the level mentioned by the previous posters. This covers all of those. IMO.
;)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Agree

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Roback may have just moved up the depth chart after the now infamous ND party.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good luck to this young man!
Glad to hear he attends church.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Spoke with Derek briefly yesterday. He says he has been getting in alot of work, is hopeful about the upcoming season. Has been moved to safety (had been at TE) and is one of 5 scholarship safeties on the roster. Has a chance for some playing time.

monk
Riding the Bench

Post by monk »

According to an article yesterday on BlueandGold.com, Derek has settled in at linebacker.

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

looking good keep working hard Derek !!!!

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

ttt

Return to “College Sports”