Where should the Big Ten Championship Game Be Played?

Where should the Big Ten Championship Game Be Played?

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Where should the Big Ten Championship Game Be Played?

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

dazed&confused wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:
coachK wrote:if god had a football team they would play at LAMBEAU FIELD! best football field in the world

He does have a team, and they already play in The Shoe!

Was God taking a nap during the 2006 and 2007 Championship games? :lol: :oops:

No, during those years, he was on earth in Human form as the Christ child known
as Tim Tebow.
Just ask ESPN and Florida fans, they'll tell you.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I didn't mention Cincy as a choice because Cincy has not requested to host the game. I only mentioned those cities that have publicly stated they are trying to land the Big Ten Championship Game.

At this time, only the Bears, Packers, Colts, Lions, and Browns have stated they are interested in hosting.

The Bengals, Vikings, and Steelers would fall within the Big Ten blueprint, but those three teams have not publicly expressed interest, at least not yet.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I vote to Rotate it around.

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

I'm not sure what day of the week this game would be played, so the only questionable place to play would be Ford Field. As far as I know, the MAC does not have plans to move from the day (Friday) before the rest of the conferences play their title games, and they have a contract with Ford Field for several more years. So would the Big Ten be willing to play on the same day as the SEC, ACC, Pac 1# in Motown?

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:No, during those years, he was on earth in Human form as the Christ child known
as Tim Tebow.

Dont put words in our mouths. Thanks.

I will say this...Tebow is the greatest player in Florida history and college football may never again see someone that rivals him as far as superstar power goes. Not football ability, but his ability to be loved by a fan base so passionately. He was a rock star.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

fightingtigers45 wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:No, during those years, he was on earth in Human form as the Christ child known
as Tim Tebow.

Dont put words in our mouths. Thanks.

I will say this...Tebow is the greatest player in Florida history and college football may never again see someone that rivals him as far as superstar power goes. Not football ability, but his ability to be loved by a fan base so passionately. He was a rock star.

I've got to put words in the mouths of Florida fans, they don't know any of their own. :-D

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i just can't believe cleveland was mentioned without paul brown stadium even given a thought. the irony of our mods. lol. i'd have to say if they did not rotate them, indy would probably be the more centrally located, but i don't like dome ball either. it should be played in the elements as well as superbowls , and bcs championship games. move them around everywhere. if you are a warm weather team, and get a cold weather stadium draw , tuff stuff. it's been happening to northern football teams for decades.

In this statement, how does warm weather really hurt a northern football team.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

2trap_4ever wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i just can't believe cleveland was mentioned without paul brown stadium even given a thought. the irony of our mods. lol. i'd have to say if they did not rotate them, indy would probably be the more centrally located, but i don't like dome ball either. it should be played in the elements as well as superbowls , and bcs championship games. move them around everywhere. if you are a warm weather team, and get a cold weather stadium draw , tuff stuff. it's been happening to northern football teams for decades.

Warm weather doesn't hurt a northern football team, by the time the bowls are played, the temps
are typically in the 60s and low 70s even in the warmest of bowl locations.

However, while the southern states play in these nice climates all year, the last 3-4 weeks of northern football
is played in a mix-match of weather that can be down right fridgid at times.
Just once I'd love to see a southern school come up to a northern city and play a winter bowl game.

If for nothing else, just to see them cry about the cold.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
I've got to put words in the mouths of Florida fans, they don't know any of their own. :-D

US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT RANKINGS...

University of Florida--47
The Ohio State University--53

Not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless. Also...this Gator fan got a 29 on the ACT...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:

Not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless. Also...this Gator fan got a 29 on the ACT...

So did this Buckeye fan (years ago). But I did it. Err..guess I went to Otterbein, though.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

fightingtigers45 wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:

I got a 31, big whoop

fightingtigers45
S

The 29 wasn't me calling myself smart, just showing that Gator fans aren't dumb.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

fightingtigers45 wrote:The 29 wasn't me calling myself smart, just showing that Gator fans aren't dumb.

"Whatever gets you through the night"- John Lennon

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Warm weather doesn't hurt a northern football team, by the time the bowls are played, the temps

However, while the southern states play in these nice climates all year, the last 3-4 weeks of northern football
Just once I'd love to see a southern school come up to a northern city and play a winter bowl game.

:aaaaa62 :aaaaa62 :aaaaa62 :aaaaa62

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

A playoff format would be neat. Maybe first round games at higher seed. Second round games in a mix of climates? Never happen, but would be interesting.
The "National Championship" has never really existed. it will not, until everyone has a chance to win it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
2trap_4ever wrote:

Warm weather doesn't hurt a northern football team, by the time the bowls are played, the temps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------while i agree nearly word per word with your post. it is a proven fact it takes nearly a week. for a northern boys blood to thin down, in the warmer climates. thus making it more difficult to breath. the same with bringin some player from baton rouge or miami to say happy valley, the horseshoe, or the big house, in mid january. it does affect these players abilities. and if colege football is all about the money, everybody should get a fair shake on the rotation. why not have a bcs championship game in big ten country. outside , that is. we have a cold weather superbowl coming up.sorry, but i've been on this soapbox too long to let up. and it would be nice to attend one, regardless of who's in it. can you imagine a bcs championship in the horseshoe, first part of february.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Indy will be considered heavily and I bet, even though we will never really know the real story, that the tv networks will have a say as to the location. I'd like to see Chicago or Green Bay but rotating between the NFL locations would be fine as well. The downside to playing outside in comparison to the other teams conf champ games is if the BigTen is a sloppy game then the media will still not give them any credit and all will be for not in expanding.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

I think the Big Ten championship should be played in Hawaii..that way their best teams can't complain about the warm weather come Bowl Season, and how they can't seem to win in any other conditions other than cold. I doubt that recruits commit to a Big Ten school and say "I signed to play here because the weather is cold and I feel that I play my best football in cold/windy conditions." It's about money, most of it, but its the truth that both teams want an equal climate. It's not like Big Ten players have played in cold their entire lives and don't know what warm weather is like. I can't imagine the conditions those Florida natives on Ohio States roster played in during their whole lives. I mean, other teams in the Big Ten also play in cold weather, not just Ohio State..or if Ohio State would just stop playing the annual Ohio Tour, then they can travel to Florida, Texas, California..anywhere that has nice weather if it will help them win? Plus, it's not like it's cold year round in Ohio or any other state with a Big Ten team. Maybe the last 2-3 games might be about 40 degrees. It's not like they are scraping snow and ice from the stadium like the Green Bay Packers do in Dec/Jan
Last edited by FSUfly#13 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like it in Chicago

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

Green Bay

Return to “College Sports”