SSU's soccer field. Is it being replaced or removed.

rxburgfan
All State

Re: SSU's soccer field. Is it being replaced or removed.

Post by rxburgfan »

the possibilities are great. i believe that ssu will take some initiative and try and be creative with the field and opportunities to promote the game.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Any team can beat any team on any given day. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Many player and coaches believe that you learn more from a loss than from a win. Shawnee may not yet be a like nationally ranked Rio Grande and Lindsey Wilson, which they play Rio every year, but building takes time. Personally, I'd be more embarrassed reading what FSUfly#13 is saying about the school "I" play for than having a great opportunity in playing a great soccer program in Marshall. FSUfly#13 you may not mean any harm, but saying "Best of Luck" at the end of explaining how poorly Shawnee has done in the past really doesn't mean anything. Growth in a program has everything to do with the coaches and players willing to put forth the effort. I believe Coach Trapp is doing an excellent job in Southern Ohio with his efforts to expand and educate the people there about how soccer programs should be ran.

Keep up the effort Shawnee and Good Luck with the remainder of the season!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

opportunities offered to local athletes is great. ssu a small university is making strides. university cannot be good at everything. all prioritize
and ssu no difference. even ohio state is commited to a few sports for winning. keep up the good work ssu and thanks for supporting each athletic program. keep up the good work.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Marshall-1-2=3
Shawnee State-0-0=0

Congrats to Bob Gray on win #400!
We were treated first class all the way.
A great program with a great history.

http://herdzone.cstv.com/sports/m-socce ... 10aac.html

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Great game played by Shawnee obviously. SSU has grown, but my point was that they were suffering embarrassing losses to opponents, who are divisionally lower than Marshall, in the past. Beat 8-0? By Rio Grande this year, I thought they would be crazy to go into Marshall and try to compete. I mean, teams just don't score 8-10 goals in soccer, its almost unheard of. 3 goals is darn near above the average. A great soccer game, in my opinion is not fun to watch a lot of goals scored. I'd rather watch a 1-0, 1-1 draw because its tough to defend in soccer.

Anyhow, if the objective is winning games, its a bad idea. If it is to show strength in schedule and better Shawnee Soccer by playing tough teams, then it is a great idea. If I am trying to rebuild a program who statistically has an atrocious record I would not be scheduling teams like Marshall, (Although score wasn't as bad as I thought). I would be trying to win games and building confidence. You can Win or you can Lose. I don't believe in building confidence by selling the idea of moral victory to your team. Shawnee has a lot to be proud of, playing a D1 school and keeping the score close. But as a competitor, I hope that Shawnee players want to win, rather than being proud of how hard they played. Just my opinion, sorry if I seem harsh. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

New field looks great by the way.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Thank you!
By the way, RPI was released and SSU is ranked 51 out of 220. Highest rating in the programs history.
We would get more out of playing Marshall (NCAA D-I) than a #220 ranked team in NAIA. I agree about keeping low scores.

Return to “College Sports”