Marshal Fans

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Marshal Fans

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Where are you?

You've been long standing parts of the forum,
you've supported your team through thick and thin,
you've got a new head coach, and open the season in prime time against the Buckeyes.

So where the heck are you, it's 32 days till kickoff....WAKE UP!

Matt52
JV Team

Re: Marshal Fans

Post by Matt52 »

i am ready for this game i just wish this game was on ESPN instead of the BIGTEN NETWORK so the rest of the country could see the thundering herd

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Does Marhall still have a team?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm ticked that the game is on BTN, we were sold a bill of goods as fans of OSU.

Told that the game would be on Thursday night, in prime time, and the only game on
for the world to see.

To me, and most others, that means you;re the featured Thursday night game.
I have a fundamental problem with elite teams playing on Thursdays anyway,
but to move the game to thursday AND have it on BTN instead of ESPN.

It sucks.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

ESPN is showing southern miss vs south carolina at 7:30, then USC and hawaii at 11 i would rather watch OSU and Marshall even if i wasnt a Marshall fan

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I root for the Thundering Herd and hope to see improvements on the field in future. I liked Snyder, but agreed it was time for a change. The situation he chose to inherit was not a good one.

Looking forward to the Doc Halladay Era. I would also love to be in attendance in Columbus for the game, but its not looking likely unfortunately. Prices way too high.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Playing this game on Thursday and not having it nationally televised is assinine. TOSU might as well play in the Big East or Conference USA. Pitiful.

As for Marshall, Holiday should have alot of pressure on his shoulders. Does he deserve it? Probably not, but most Herd fans are delusional. This team should win 9 games this season and that should get them to a lower tier bowl game. Watch out though. If they start out 0-4, the wheels may come off this train.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

85inside wrote:Playing this game on Thursday and not having it nationally televised is assinine. TOSU might as well play in the Big East or Conference USA. Pitiful.

As for Marshall, Holiday should have alot of pressure on his shoulders. Does he deserve it? Probably not, but most Herd fans are delusional. This team should win 9 games this season and that should get them to a lower tier bowl game. Watch out though. If they start out 0-4, the wheels may come off this train.

That's an understatement

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I quit following Marshall after they left the MAC. I might start back up since they play OU again for the next few years. I sure as heck was more interested in Marshall's schedule in the MAC then I am with them in Conference USA. I don't really give a rats @ss about any of the schools in Conference USA, so Marshall plays a pretty boring schedule in my eyes. Too many random schools that don't really have a natural geographic rivalry.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like Marshall and OSU

I'm pretty excited about the Herd this year. Should win 7 games.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

mattash wrote:I like Marshall and OSU

That should get the coach fired shouldnt it? i thought this was the year at Marshall?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Severe lack of depth and talent up front on both sides of the ball. Young,inexperienced secondary. Injuries and discipline issues have decimated them since Doc arrived. Plus the cupboard wasnt exactly full. Recipe for success?....I would really like to see them play the Vest and his choir boys tough,but it wont happen.OSU easy.The Herd should have beat them in 2004.Ran the tight and outside zone all day on this vaunted D.Thing of beauty. But Bobby got tight in the backside late and Nugent killed one from about 56 to seal the win. In all fairness,neither team was very good that year. Marshall could have handled them a time or two a few years earlier. This might be difficult for a hype-ridden Buckeye fan to understand but Marshall had as goodas or better players than OSU had at many different positions from the mid-90s to the early 2000s. And some great coaching staffs. This year the Herd gets WVU THE 2ND BALLGAME.Helluva way to start the season,huh?..... :twisted:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Made me think of Moss when he caught the six in the corner of the endzone in 97 against OU in the snow and he threw it out of the stadium and it landed in the Mcdonalds parking lot.Boy they had some good teams and knew and executed the throwing game as well as anyone in the country for a few years. Of course it didnt hurt to have QBs like Kresser,Chad,and Leftwich throwing it to guys like Moss,James Williams,and Darius Watts just to name a few.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

The General wrote:Made me think of Moss when he caught the six in the corner of the endzone in 97 against OU in the snow and he threw it out of the stadium and it landed in the Mcdonalds parking lot.Boy they had some good teams and knew and executed the throwing game as well as anyone in the country for a few years. Of course it didnt hurt to have QBs like Kresser,Chad,and Leftwich throwing it to guys like Moss,James Williams,and Darius Watts just to name a few.
I thought that was against Toledo but then it could have been OU.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

85inside wrote:
mattash wrote:I like Marshall and OSU

That should get the coach fired shouldnt it? i thought this was the year at Marshall?
I dont get the Snyder love. He was not head coach material. If 6-6 was the best a your coach could do in a five year span you would want a replacement just like most Marshall fans did. The icing on the cake was the fact that he couldn't win games he should have won handily, UCF and UTEP come to mind, and he couldn't win when he had the chance, WVU comes to mind. He is a good coordinator though, just not head coach material by any means.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If winning the wvu game is what you are hedging your bets on, then get another coach ready. Yes, I really like Mark Snyder as a person. I would be the first person to tell him that he should have ran 1,000 miles away from Huntington upon his graduation. Mark Snyder is in a good place right now. I dont feel sorry for him. maybe his daughters and his wife, during their stay in Huntington, but not Mark. He should have known better.
Back to the topic. Take away Leftwich, Pennigton, and Moss and you have a long history of so so football. Fact is, if it werent for 1-AA football, Marshall wouldnt have ever had those guys. Expectations are way too high in Huntington. However, everyone told me last year that this Marshall team has the talent to win. with their new coach, they should expect to win. the rest of us who live in a realistic world, know better.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Pennington, Moss, and Leftwich were great players.

But the notion that Marshall had better talent than the Buckeyes during the 90s is ludacris.
Cooper couldn't beat Michigan, and he couldn't win bowl games, but what he could do
was recruit and get people to the NFL.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

To the average Marshall fan, scheduling Ohio State may bring excitement but some get frustrated because Marshall wants to win. Yes they have a slight chance, around 20%, but I personally think it is great for Marshall to schedule tougher opponents. It helps them prepare for lesser opponents. Ohio State will be toughest team Marshall sees all year and what better way to prepare for a team like West Virginia. I hope to be in tailgate attendance of this game.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

FSUfly#13 wrote:To the average Marshall fan, scheduling Ohio State may bring excitement but some get frustrated because Marshall wants to win. Yes they have a slight chance, around 20%, but I personally think it is great for Marshall to schedule tougher opponents. It helps them prepare for lesser opponents. Ohio State will be toughest team Marshall sees all year and what better way to prepare for a team like West Virginia. I hope to be in tailgate attendance of this game.
No way their chances are that high. Id give Marshall 20% chance of being within 7 points at halftime. Marshall will also lose the WVU game. Im telling you folks, Im looking at the schedule and they may not beat Ohio university (Marshall that is.)

earp
S

Post by earp »

Malcontent you are right it was Toledo I was there!It rained the day of the OU game that year but quit before game time,OU had 1 1st down and 61 total yards in that game and lost 41-3!

Return to “College Sports”