University of Notre Dame 2010-11 Predictions

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Re: University of Notre Dame 2010-11 Predictions

Post by Charley Hustle »

Good luck to Coach Kelley and the Irish during the upcoming season.......

Dutch, are you getting prepared for the annual tailgate parties in your end of town........I can have Mrs Hustle bake a cake if you dont mind me crashing the party to watch the Irish.........

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Kinda hard to say after losing most of the offensive production, Crist has more potential than either QB at UC had and both were turned into good players so who knows, maybe not in one season but eventually he could be turned into a really good college QB. One thing is for certain, ND takes alot of grief for playing the military schedule but their schedule is tougher than UC's schedule was without question so Kelly will be alot more competitive games against teams that actually have defenses and highly recruited players.

With that said I think they lose to Michigan, MSU, USC, Stanford, Pitt, and maybe Utah and Navy

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: Brian Kelley can flat out coach. For those he thinks he is over his head remember there were people who thought Tress. was over his head and we all know how that turned out.
If we're remembering Tress, whom I was all for from the get go (I hate Glen Mason the other top option),
then let's make sure that we remember those who thought Rich Rod was going to turn Michigan into a spread offense Buckeye demolition machine.

Brian Kelley is a good coach, I liked him at UC. But he has issues, and he will not be able to get the same recruits he got at UC.
Don't read into that as he won't be able to get talent.
At UC, he got guys that were left overs, the ones nobody wanted, and he made the chip on their shoulders into a
mountain and they played to prove people wrong.

At ND, he'll get spoiled rich catholic kids.
Dublin I think you are so far off the beating path. Obvioulsy you don't watch ND recruiting at all (only OSU..I'm guessing from you profile pic)..Coach Kelley has been getting recruits left and right..4 and five star..check out rivals.com..so your statement was false.

Then you went on to mention he will only get rich Catholic kids..again your so wrong..but that doesn't surprise me coming from a buckey fan...That is why they have a Mormon who almost went on a mission trip this year as their linebacker..he recruited a 4 star inner city Florida kid who chose ND over Florida and OSU because he wanted a real education...It is ridiculous you would even bring religion and money into the discussion..it just makes you sound ignorant. Please think before you write..give yourself the benefit of the doubt so you don't sound so stupid next time..

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Before you post, make sure you read the ones your commenting on.
Read them twice, and maked sure you comprehend every word.

Such as:
Then before you refer to a poster as an idiot, make sure you haven't made yourself out to be one as well.

Nice try though.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

^^ yeah not trying to stereotype but anyone can look at the ND team and see that most of them aren't catholic, just like most successful hs private catholic teams here in Ohio, alot of the kids aren't catholic or weren't before they had to be. As far as rich kids....... schollies don't require anyone to have money, that's why they are schollies so no need to be rich.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Before you post, make sure you read the ones your commenting on.

Such as:
Then before you refer to a poster as an idiot, make sure you haven't made yourself out to be one as well.

Nice try though.

There was never an attempt to make you out as an idiot..what you said was dumb. I read every word...Kelley will get talent..the fact you said Catholic Rich Kids was ridiculous...because that is so not true..and I think everyone knows that but you. But I am not goingt o argue with a Buckeye fan (assuming you are again) because it is useless..the jealousy overflows in your words..I just know why you brought religion into the whole thing? Because if you watched 2 minutes of a game you would notice that most come from very diverse backgrounds..ND looks at educational skill before athletic...that is why in all actuallity the Irish take the seconds from everyone jsut like Kelly did at UC because the majority of good athletes in the U.S. can't spell their names..so the Irish settle for top notch academic kids with secondary athletic skills..it is just a fact..unlike the Michigans, OSU, Miami, Alabama, and other podunk schools of the U.S. that care nothing about academics. You know what my post was making reference to. (FYI, Waverly's Roback, isn't a top notch recruit..maybe one star at best but has a 4.0..case and point..and he is working for a starting position...)That is who ND and Kelley want.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

therepublican wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Before you post, make sure you read the ones your commenting on.

Such as:

Nice try though.

There was never an attempt to make you out as an idiot..what you said was dumb. I read every word...Kelley will get talent..the fact you said Catholic Rich Kids was ridiculous...because that is so not true..and I think everyone knows that but you. But I am not goingt o argue with a Buckeye fan (assuming you are again) because it is useless..the jealousy overflows in your words..I just know why you brought religion into the whole thing? Because if you watched 2 minutes of a game you would notice that most come from very diverse backgrounds..ND looks at educational skill before athletic...that is why in all actuallity the Irish take the seconds from everyone jsut like Kelly did at UC because the majority of good athletes in the U.S. can't spell their names..so the Irish settle for top notch academic kids with secondary athletic skills..it is just a fact..unlike the Michigans, OSU, Miami, Alabama, and other podunk schools of the U.S. that care nothing about academics. You know what my post was making reference to. (FYI, Waverly's Roback, isn't a top notch recruit..maybe one star at best but has a 4.0..case and point..and he is working for a starting position...)That is who ND and Kelley want.
OSU is one of the best public university's in the country, for that matter so is Meatchicken..Your telling someone that they are way off base and don't know what they are talking about and in the same paragrahp you prove you don't know squat either.

Roback was a 3 star recruit by some publications and a 2 star by others.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Well I started the topic to get feedback about the Irish's up coming season...not a religion bashing contest with untrue info..leave it to a buckeye fan to trash the board, no wonder they have the rep they do.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I didn't start the board trashing. I posted my opinion on the outcome of the ND season.
When I get questioned on my post, I'm not going to sit back and not say amything.
It was ND fans who brought the buckeyes into the discusion, not me.
You trashed your own board. I just defended my team and opinion.
I forgot though, ND gets to play by their own rules!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

therepublican wrote:Well I started the topic to get feedback about the Irish's up coming season...not a religion bashing contest with untrue info..leave it to a buckeye fan to trash the board, no wonder they have the rep they do.
No one is bashing the Catholic religion.....ND is a private school and they give Catholic kids priority over everyone else. I agree that doesn't really apply to athletics just academics.

Since you just want predictions and can't handle listening to the truth about your "Irish".
The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame will go 5-7 maybe 6-6. As stated before, Kelly could care less about Defense and he doesn't recruit well on that side of the ball. You can get through the Big Least with that kinda team but it won't work this year simply because ND doesn't have the horses to win shootouts. It will take him a couple years to get the players he needs...He will never bring ND back to where they thought they were way back when because he doesn't give a crap about playing defense.

If anyone ever wants to "Wake up the Echos" at ND a lot more than just a new coach is needed. ND still believes they are above every program in the country. Kelly won't make it 5 years before he gets fired.

GO NAVEY!!!!!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Charley Hustle, That cake is awesome bring it and yourself and have a great time with us. All Irish fans are welcome.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

That cake does look pretty good.
I must wonder though, if it looks like that pre-game, does it change into green icing before it comes out for kickoff?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

That was actually funny dub. I honestly wish they would pick one color and stick to it.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm not a arse all the time.

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

No green last season !!!
What makes the difference what color the jersey is ??? to you??
It just pumps up the crownd about 20% but who cares its just football !!
been a Irish fan for over 40 years
no plan on jumping ship in the near future
Good luck to coach kelly
and the Fighting Irish ( I know I know yea they will need it) lol

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I think ND losses to Michigan, Stanford, BC, Utah, and USC. JMHO.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Improved play but no BCS.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

10-2, BCS Bowl game. They beat Michigan by 10 this week.

Return to “College Sports”