Opening Night Stunner, Utah knocks off #15 Pitt in OT

pbuck
All State

Re: Opening Night Stunner, Utah knocks off #15 Pitt in OT

Post by pbuck »

Ot stunning to me I did pick Pitt in the picks but I struggle to pick Pitt... Utah is a very strong program & almost unbeatable @ Rice Eccles Stadium

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

I thought this would be a great game to watch. first upset of the year.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Not stunned!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Pitt has a new QB and playing in a tough place. No stunner. Utah played well at home. Just because they are rated #15 does not mean anything since this is the first game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good!! i'm not suprised!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Vegas was not "stunned" as they had this one right on the nose. Utah, playing at home, was a 3 point favorite. How long will they milk this "lil sister" act in Utah? Utah has been relevant for 6-8 years now. Beatting a mediocre Big East team isn't that big of a deal.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Dave Yawnstedt loses another!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The Big East and the Mountain West are on nearly equal footing when it comes
to strength of teams.

Why would anyone be suprised that a top team from one conference
beat a top team from another conference, when the two are nearly equal.

It should have been a good game, and it was.
If it was in Pitt, I think Pitt would have got the win.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Not a Pitt fan but Wandstedt is a a lifer at asst. coach. He is not the guy to head up a program. nothing wrong with that if you realize your place in life. Hire him as a defensive coordinator and you may have something.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

At least Pitt and other bcs schools schedule games on the road to open the season like this..Do you think tosu would schedule an opener at Utah? Doubt it....Heck,in 2012 or 13 tosu only has four away games period...Kudos to Minnesota for playing at MTSU as well!! This game will only make the Panthers stronger..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

not a shocker! Utah is better coached and was better prepared. Pitt was over rated (Any time they climb past 20th in the pollls they are over reated)........

I think Utah will make some more noise this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Slim Jim wrote:At least Pitt and other bcs schools schedule games on the road to open the season like this..Do you think tosu would schedule an opener at Utah? Doubt it....Heck,in 2012 or 13 tosu only has four away games period...Kudos to Minnesota for playing at MTSU as well!! This game will only make the Panthers stronger..
Keep telling yourself that!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Agree Slim Jim. It is a simple FACT. But, one day they will take one on the chin just like UM did with App. St. and it will be soooo funny. I think next year they play Akron then Toledo. But, Kudos to the AD, I guess scheduling fluff for the first three games is smart..because towards the end of the season no one cares who you played...it is forgotten..even if you took a hard loss it looks better when it happened in the beginning of the season rather than late..

For example, #2 OSU loses to Marshall first game..they drop to #10 or #11 and their season is still ok if they win out...and a BCS is still a shot in the park..but lets say they play..I dunno...Northern Illinois 7th game of the season and lose..they get pounded in the polls for that one. I think that is the main reason why besides money (paying teams to come to you place) and it works for the big ten. Indiana played "Towson"..wth?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

therepublican wrote:Agree Slim Jim. It is a simple FACT. But, one day they will take one on the chin just like UM did with App. St. and it will be soooo funny. I think next year they play Akron then Toledo. But, Kudos to the AD, I guess scheduling fluff for the first three games is smart..because towards the end of the season no one cares who you played...it is forgotten..even if you took a hard loss it looks better when it happened in the beginning of the season rather than late..

For example, #2 OSU loses to Marshall first game..they drop to #10 or #11 and their season is still ok if they win out...and a BCS is still a shot in the park..but lets say they play..I dunno...Northern Illinois 7th game of the season and lose..they get pounded in the polls for that one. I think that is the main reason why besides money (paying teams to come to you place) and it works for the big ten. Indiana played "Towson"..wth?
HUH?!?! I'm not an apologist for OSU...far from it. But are you kidding? What OSU faces over the season vs. what Pitt plays is not even close. Sorry, but UCONN, WVU, Syracuse and Louisville doesn't compare to Miami (who they wil also face), Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa. For Chrissakes, beat Cincinnati and then get back to me.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Slim Jim wrote:At least Pitt and other bcs schools schedule games on the road to open the season like this..Do you think tosu would schedule an opener at Utah? Doubt it....Heck,in 2012 or 13 tosu only has four away games period...Kudos to Minnesota for playing at MTSU as well!! This game will only make the Panthers stronger..
They don't do that because they don't have to do that. OSU doesn't go to second tier BCS schools for their opener because they don't have to.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Keep telling yourself that!
So,trashing lowly Marshall makes the Buckeyes stonger??

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Slin Jim, they don't play on the road against non-BCS schools because those schools don't have the facilities to host the Buckeyes, and as stated earlier, because they don't have to.

Republican, who is it again that you cheer for? I'm sure we can find plenty of fluff in that schedule.
Don't throw stones if you don't want your glass house blown the heck up.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Also, yet another thread derailed from subject by an OSU hater baiting Buckeye fans with Buckeye hate.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Dublin, Utah has a pretty darn nice and big stadium! What kind of facilites do the Buckeyes or thier fans have to have for them to play a certain game?They play in dumps like Indiana's stadium.I know it's league but it's still a game to be played...

Return to “College Sports”