Week 2, Miami,FL vs tOSU

Who will win the game?

Total votes: 0

Hoggy
SEOP

Week 2, Miami,FL vs tOSU

Post by Hoggy »

Both teams coming off first game victories over inferior competition. Both teams scored 45 points on the offensive side of the ball. Both QBs looked good (Harris completed 12 of 15 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns before sitting out the second half, and the 13th-ranked Hurricanes got their first shutout since 2006 by beating over-matched Florida A&M 45-0)....(Ohio St: T. Pryor 17 of 25 passes for 247 yards and three touchdowns as the #2 ranked Buckeyes beat the Marshal Thundering Herd in easy fashion 45-7).

Both schools have remembered the last match-up in 2002. One with fond memories and a National Championship for their efforts....the other still contesting they were robbed by a phantom penalty. This should be a slobber knocker!

Go Buckeyes!

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 2, Miami,FL vs tOSU

Post by pbuck »

Should be an outstanding game I'll make a prediction later after I think about it

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

I think the Buckeyes D along with Pryor and Co. are too much for the Hurricanes.
Ohio State-31
Miami Florida-14

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I thought the Bucks would beat the "U" easily until I watched both games last night. It was hard to get a good read on either team because they were both playing very vanilla. Although they both played less then great teams, Miami's D, especially the D-line, were VERY impressive.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

It seems like we always lose the game that matters, but I don't think that is the case this year :)

tOSU - 38

Miami - 28

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

2 Options.

OSU 24
Miami 17

or

Miami 24
OSU 17

Went to first Ohio State game last night vs. Marshall.
Good seats.
Band was good (Didn't see "Dot the i")
Good atmosphere.

Not very impressed with a crowd of 105,000 that didn't make a lot of noise, granted it WAS Marshall.
I went to FSU vs. Clemson game in 03 and Clemson was louder, but it was also a rivalry game. With probably 25-30,000 less people. A LOT louder. And the fans don't do anything spectacular. At the Clemson vs. FSU game, the whole stadium was yelling C-L-E-M-S-O ..(did something for a quick second) and then N!!! Then the FSU Warchant was played after every down it seemed like. It was like a battle of chants from the fans and the place was never quiet. Going to the shoe was like going to a Reds game, one thing that was cool was the O-H-I-O but that's about it. I'm not saying FSU fans or Clemson fans are better, I am just saying which in my opinion was the better experience, AND FSU lost that game. I'm not doubting Ohio Stadium though when Michigan rolls around.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

And comparing a Reds game to Ohio State game is stupid to say. Is not meant to be taken as bad as it sounds..But as far as fan involvement inside the stadium, it was dull for the most part. It was like watching any other sporting event. Just not a lot of fan reaction going on around you.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I watched both games last night, at the same time. One on Television, and one online. The way both of these teams were clicking on offense, and they way both defenses seem to fly everywhere and knock the crap out of anyone that comes around. This match-up has potential to be absolutely EPIC. And Fly, I hope that atmosphere is better in the Shoe next week, because I'll be there in my Jacory Harris jersey.

This game could honestly go either way, it's going to come down to the little things, such as special teams, penalties, etc...
But since I'm a biased Miami fan, I'm going to stir things up in here and say:

Miami 24
Ohio State 21

GO CANES!!!! ;-)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Not a lot of noise can be because school is not in session so a lot of students are not there. Also the heat and competition.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks are two TDs better than the Canes. Watch out for Camp Randall!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Well I normally would say Buckeyes can't win the "out of conference" big ones..atleast over the past few years ..but I don't think that is the case this year..Buckeyes win by 10 points. Canes are on the uprise again..I think, but OSU is dominant this year.
farmer wrote:Not a lot of noise can be because school is not in session so a lot of students are not there. Also the heat and competition.
Well, as this may be true for one end of the stadium..I don't buy this one. There is some 105,000 people in the stadium with a band playing..the so called "best D* band in the land" (I would beg to differ)..students or fans..it doesn't matter it gets loud. Fact is, they played Marshall University who lucks out to even break .500 every year..and that is considered a "good" season..the game was a blowout and dominated from the get-go. What in the heck was there to cheer about?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Before moving, I went to every Ohio State home game from 1996-2007.

The stadium is very quiet against inferior opponents. The stadium is extremely loud against good to great opponents.

I have been to LSU/Auburn in LSU, Miami/Penn State in PSU, and a variety of NFL, MLB, and NCAA Basketball games. I have also been to plenty of rock concerts and festivals.

When OSU hosts Texas, USC, Penn State, Michigan, etc., that crowd will match up with anything crowd noise-wise. I would also say, however, that OSU's crowd is not as consistent as some other crowds around the country.

I have few comments on the upcoming game.

If OSU plays up to their potential, I doubt they lose.

I truly believe this regular-season is OSU's season. Only OSU will beat OSU. I just hope they don't.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm going with the Bucks in this one. It looks like the "U" is back or at least knocking on the door....Wish I could have made it to this one but it just wasn't in the cards this year.

GO BUCKS!!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

TTK, how have you been?
Been a while since we saw you around, nice to see you back.
Where are your seats for the game? I've got tickets as well.

Given that you're a biased Miami homer, a three point spread doesn't say much about
any confidence.

Miami is getting their program going again, and Randy Shannon is doing a fine job.
However this season, Miami is still a year away. Next year when the Buckeyes go to Miami
should be a much closer game.

The Buckeyes should win this game by 10 or more.

As for the crowd volume, having the students on campus helps, but they weren't on campus
last year for USC and that game was as loud as The Shoe has ever been.
This game will have the faithful jacked up, so expect a hardy fan base, and...

...unfortunatly for you TTK, being in your Jacory Harris jersey probably doesn't bode well
for how you'll be "treated".

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:TTK, how have you been?
Been a while since we saw you around, nice to see you back.
Where are your seats for the game? I've got tickets as well.

Given that you're a biased Miami homer, a three point spread doesn't say much about
any confidence.

Miami is getting their program going again, and Randy Shannon is doing a fine job.
However this season, Miami is still a year away. Next year when the Buckeyes go to Miami
should be a much closer game.

The Buckeyes should win this game by 10 or more.

As for the crowd volume, having the students on campus helps, but they weren't on campus
last year for USC and that game was as loud as The Shoe has ever been.
This game will have the faithful jacked up, so expect a hardy fan base, and...

...unfortunatly for you TTK, being in your Jacory Harris jersey probably doesn't bode well
for how you'll be "treated".
Oh I've been on here reading SEO fan...I just haven't had a whole lot to post about up until now. I mean come on, it's football season, the best time of the year!

From what I saw last night watching both games simultaneously, Miami online and OSU on tv. I see an EPIC battle coming up next weekend in Columbus. Miami's offense looks to be clicking right on time with this being the second year under Mark Whipple and having most starters back. And their defense is nothing to just shrug off. I'm convinced they have one of the best front 7's in all of college football. They fly all over the place. And obviously you know what you're going to get with Ohio State. I just hope Jacory shines bright on the big stage. Either way this could go a long way in making or breaking someone's season, not to mention someone's Heisman hopes.

I have no idea where my seats are. My uncle has season tickets and is keeping where they are hidden to me to make a surprise. lol I'm not liking it too much.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Oh and as far as my jersey being treated well around Columbus, I will take the harassment with open arms :-D :-D
I know I'll have fun with it. I'm just going to have a good time and see my team the one time they aren't 7 hours away (being their closest away game usually).

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

TigerTownKid wrote:Oh and as far as my jersey being treated well around Columbus, I will take the harassment with open arms :-D :-D
I know I'll have fun with it. I'm just going to have a good time and see my team the one time they aren't 7 hours away (being their closest away game usually).
Good, people up here apriciate an opposing fan with a good sense of humor, that can fire back at times.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I will be at this game next week. I hope to see a great game. I really dont have a dog in this hunt, not a fan of either team. . I dont see OSU However, I am a huge college football fan. I dont see the Buck beating Miami by 10+. I love how MOST Buckeye fans feel they are at least 14 points better than anyone they play. (you do realize who your coach is right?) In my opinion Miami will win this game this year and next. Too much speed, too much "O" and a Defensive line that could be the best in the country. Not to mention the Bucks fail to win the Big out of conference games year after year. Prior will be runnung for his life the entire game and the Canes will shut down the running game. Look for the defense to keep Miami in great field position the entire game and to score at least once.
The U 28
OSU 17

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Miami is close to breaking through to that next level, but I just don't think they are there yet. We'll see on Saturday. I think the key to this game will be Ohio State's defensive line. If they can create pressure and keep him on his toes then OSU shouldn't have much of a problem (not saying a blowout, I just don't think they'll be in danger of losing the game late). If they can't create pressure then we are looking at a shootout in The Horseshoe between the two schools. I've been impressed with Jacory, but not as much as others. But I can't deny the kid isn't good.

Still have trouble making a solid prediction just off of what I saw on Thursday and how skilled the two sides are. But I favor OSU slightly.

The Ohio State University - 35
University of Miami - 24

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll make my prediction now , this will be a wild one, but i gotta go with my bucks, no score prediction, i'm just happy with the W'S.

Return to “College Sports”