Total votes: 0

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Re: Week 2, Miami,FL vs tOSU

Post by frank-n-beans »

Miami by 6

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Horseshoe hasn't been a homefield advantage for the Buckeyes in big non-conference games of the recent past.......2009, USC 18, Ohio State 15.......2005, Texas 25, Ohio State 22.......

The Buckeyes should be the favorite in this game, with so much experience and talent coming back from last year........Miami is definitely a program on the rise, and is very capable of winning this game........I think it is absolutely critical for the Buckeyes to put pressure on Miami QB Jacory Harris and likewise for the OSU offensive line to protect Terrelle Pryor.

I expect an OSU win, but I expected to win the above mentioned games!!

GO BUCKEYES!! LET'S GET IT DONE ON OUR HOME FIELD THIS TIME!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

OSU is an 8.5 to 9.5 point favorite basically everywhere in this game.

If I was taking bets though, I'd take a look at the FSU/Oklahoma game, OU is 8.5 point favorites.
I'd take FSU and the points in that one.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

31-17 TOSU

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

As good as OSU's Defense is they are not as fast as Miami's Offense. This will cause the Bucks to blitz. If Harris can pick up the blitzes and make good reads, Miami can win the game. I aslo think that Miami will have to have at least 1 defensive score to get the W. I do not think OSU will cover the spread "9" but they should win the game. Its gonna be a dandy can't wait to see it.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

ttt

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

ball hound wrote:As good as OSU's Defense is they are not as fast as Miami's Offense.
We've heard that song before, and Miami doesn't play it very well.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

As the week moves closer to the game, it seems that the Hurricanes are bringing
the remnants of an actual Hurricane to Columbus.

77 degrees and 60% chance of showers on saturday.
And the way the front os moving, the later the day gets, the higher the chance of rain becomes.

I spent last seasons Monsoon game against Illinois in C-Deck.
I'll be soaking wet and ready to go if need be for this one too.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I was at the Illinois game last year as well. It absolutely poured the rain in the 2nd quarter and off and on the rest of the day

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I'm done with all these stupid arguments. The game is two days away and there is nothing any of us can say that is going to affect the outcome of this game. I just read some articles and now I am even more ready for some pads to start cracking.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

^^ Me too, the U is coming back and Shannon is a very good coach and Harris scares me a little. Of course so does Pryor and we never know how long JT will hold the cards or if he will go for a kill shot before the UM game.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Malcontent posted this on another thread, it deserves posting here too.
A good story, and a great find, thanks Malcontent.

http://the-ozone.net/football/2010/Miam ... riend.html

The Buckeye Nation found a friend in an unusual place yesterday, in the Wolverine Nation.
The whole thing started with all the talk coming out of Miami that the game this Saturday somehow is a grudge match for the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Miami fans have been barking that bark all week, and some players on the Miami roster have taken up that howl.

Things came to a head a little later this week when Miami Head Coach Randy Shannon said the following about the prospect of playing in Columbus and in Ohio Stadium.

"You see a lot of traditions in small towns and little cities like Columbus.

"But the guys (his players) aren't enamored with it because of what we see when we go out.

"You may see an Alex Rodriguiz, a Wayans Brother, or Dwayne Wade. Those are big name guys."

A rebuttal coming from a Buckeye fan to the revenge theory or to Shannon's remarks might sound like just so much chest beating or bickering between fan bases, but last night a Michigan Wolverine fan posted a rebuttal on the-Ozone Fan Forum. With his permission, this is what Thom Dartt, a MICHIGAN FAN who has no real use for the Buckeyes, had to say to Miami Nation and Shannon.

"Randy Shannon does what people who don't understand Ohio State football and its fans tend to do: Underestimate them and RUN THEIR MOUTHS.

"Shannon, who obviously has his Doctorate in Geography, referred to Columbus as a "small town."

"Pssssst! Randy! Over here! Yeah, um Miami has a population of about 362,000. Mmmm hmmm, and Columbus has a population of about 710,000. That's TWICE the size of LITTLE Miami. In fact, Miami would be the 4th largest city in Ohio, JUST ahead of Toledo and Dayton.

"Then he says his team sees 'stars all the time' like THE WAYANS BROTHERS. Hang on just a second. I have to check my definition of 'star'/'celebrity.' Yep, I thought so. NONE of the Wayans brothers, sisters, parents or grandparents are stars or celebrities, unless they were at the Bellbrook festival. And even then...

"See, what this idiot fails to realize is that this game is about the Ohio State fans. None of the players even remember 2002. Few, if any of Miami's coaches, were on their staff in 2002. Some of Ohio State's were.

"Ah, but the fans were all there THEN and they're all here NOW. And the Scarlet and Gray legions have had to hear over and over and over and over how they got lucky to win the Fiesta Bowl, that Miami REALLY won that game, that Miami was robbed...

"Guilty. I was one of the ones that said they were lucky. After further review, Ohio State out-played Miami.

"Anyway, Ohio State fans have been seething about those comments and couldn't wait for this game. Nope, it's not a 'rematch,' but to Ohio State's fans this means A LOT!

"So, Randy, as a Michigan fan, whom the Buckeye faithful HATE, let me help you to understand what you'll face on Saturday: 100,000+ FREAKING WACKOS who have had time to let that hate and anger for that stupid U build for nearly eight years (And they WON! Can you imagine if they had lost on that call???), who have an anger management issue with people who talk smack about their team/town, who will have several hours to enjoy a few adult beverages, and who want to win every game like their lives depend on it.

"They will yell incessantly, cheer every one of their good plays (followed by the chords of various Buckeye songs after those plays), REALLY cheer every one of your bad plays, and never sit down. Oh, and unlike the LITTLE stadiums you play in, this one is BIG and it will be FULL, and IT WILL BE LOUD.

"See, Randy, this isn't Boston College, North Carolina or even Florida State you're playing. Those LIBRARIES would be sweet compared to the insane asylum that awaits your team on Saturday. Trust me. I've been there five times for Michigan games, and several more for other games.

"You made a mistake and the Buckeye fans do NOT forgive.

"Oh, and one other trivial matter: YOU WILL LOSE. Badly."

First the Beatles said it, then Joe Cocker said it. You can get by with a little help from your friends.

I'm not sure if Thom would like to known as a friend to the Buckeye Nation, but he certainly endeared himself to a few with his comments yesterday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tiger town kid. my truck really needs a good washin.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Malcontent posted this on another thread, it deserves posting here too.
A good story, and a great find, thanks Malcontent.

http://the-ozone.net/football/2010/Miam ... riend.html

The Buckeye Nation found a friend in an unusual place yesterday, in the Wolverine Nation.
The whole thing started with all the talk coming out of Miami that the game this Saturday somehow is a grudge match for the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Miami fans have been barking that bark all week, and some players on the Miami roster have taken up that howl.

Things came to a head a little later this week when Miami Head Coach Randy Shannon said the following about the prospect of playing in Columbus and in Ohio Stadium.

"You see a lot of traditions in small towns and little cities like Columbus.

"But the guys (his players) aren't enamored with it because of what we see when we go out.

"You may see an Alex Rodriguiz, a Wayans Brother, or Dwayne Wade. Those are big name guys."

A rebuttal coming from a Buckeye fan to the revenge theory or to Shannon's remarks might sound like just so much chest beating or bickering between fan bases, but last night a Michigan Wolverine fan posted a rebuttal on the-Ozone Fan Forum. With his permission, this is what Thom Dartt, a MICHIGAN FAN who has no real use for the Buckeyes, had to say to Miami Nation and Shannon.

"Randy Shannon does what people who don't understand Ohio State football and its fans tend to do: Underestimate them and RUN THEIR MOUTHS.

"Shannon, who obviously has his Doctorate in Geography, referred to Columbus as a "small town."

"Pssssst! Randy! Over here! Yeah, um Miami has a population of about 362,000. Mmmm hmmm, and Columbus has a population of about 710,000. That's TWICE the size of LITTLE Miami. In fact, Miami would be the 4th largest city in Ohio, JUST ahead of Toledo and Dayton.

"Then he says his team sees 'stars all the time' like THE WAYANS BROTHERS. Hang on just a second. I have to check my definition of 'star'/'celebrity.' Yep, I thought so. NONE of the Wayans brothers, sisters, parents or grandparents are stars or celebrities, unless they were at the Bellbrook festival. And even then...

"See, what this idiot fails to realize is that this game is about the Ohio State fans. None of the players even remember 2002. Few, if any of Miami's coaches, were on their staff in 2002. Some of Ohio State's were.

"Ah, but the fans were all there THEN and they're all here NOW. And the Scarlet and Gray legions have had to hear over and over and over and over how they got lucky to win the Fiesta Bowl, that Miami REALLY won that game, that Miami was robbed...

"Guilty. I was one of the ones that said they were lucky. After further review, Ohio State out-played Miami.

"Anyway, Ohio State fans have been seething about those comments and couldn't wait for this game. Nope, it's not a 'rematch,' but to Ohio State's fans this means A LOT!

"So, Randy, as a Michigan fan, whom the Buckeye faithful HATE, let me help you to understand what you'll face on Saturday: 100,000+ FREAKING WACKOS who have had time to let that hate and anger for that stupid U build for nearly eight years (And they WON! Can you imagine if they had lost on that call???), who have an anger management issue with people who talk smack about their team/town, who will have several hours to enjoy a few adult beverages, and who want to win every game like their lives depend on it.

"They will yell incessantly, cheer every one of their good plays (followed by the chords of various Buckeye songs after those plays), REALLY cheer every one of your bad plays, and never sit down. Oh, and unlike the LITTLE stadiums you play in, this one is BIG and it will be FULL, and IT WILL BE LOUD.

"See, Randy, this isn't Boston College, North Carolina or even Florida State you're playing. Those LIBRARIES would be sweet compared to the insane asylum that awaits your team on Saturday. Trust me. I've been there five times for Michigan games, and several more for other games.

"You made a mistake and the Buckeye fans do NOT forgive.

"Oh, and one other trivial matter: YOU WILL LOSE. Badly."

First the Beatles said it, then Joe Cocker said it. You can get by with a little help from your friends.

I'm not sure if Thom would like to known as a friend to the Buckeye Nation, but he certainly endeared himself to a few with his comments yesterday.
:lol: :lol: One of the coolest things I have ever seen on this site

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

This will be a dandy! Two very good teams that could make a run for the national title in January. I have to go with my Buckeyes though. Terrelle Pryor will have a big part in their success Saturday, along with Brandon Saine and Boom Herron. The Buckeyes need big games from them if they want to win. Also, the defense needs to continue being a dominant unit. If the Buckeyes play like they can, they should win by 7-10 points.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Almost game time!

I hope the Buckeyes defense can get to Harris early and put the smack down on him. This will be an atmosphere that he has never experienced!

If Pryor and the offense gets rolling and we can establish a running game....I have a good feeling abut the outcome. I don't why, but I just have a feeling that the Buckeyes are going to roll in this one (normally I have some doubt in the big games, but today is a great day to be a Buckeye fan).

Buckeye Thunderstruck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unlDidiv ... re=related

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!! Come on......the defense is playing great, but the special team play is allowing Miami to stay in the game.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

They have better do somethin about these special teams, NOW. That is what Tressel ball is supposed to revolve around!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

33-17

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

These FG's are driving me nuts. The Bucks better figure out how to convert TD's instead of settling for 3. They could have put Miami away along time ago with TD's.

Return to “College Sports”