Mark Dantonio Resigns As Sparty Head Football Coach

Omega
SEOPS H

Mark Dantonio Resigns As Sparty Head Football Coach

Post by Omega »

Mark Dantonio has resigned/retired as Michigan State head football coach. I always felt Dantonio got the most out of the least in terms of talent on hand. That and the Spartans gave OSU fits, including two big upsets in 2013 and 2015 keeping the Bucks from the BCS/CFP playoffs. Dantonio's last two seasons were quite disappointing, so there might be questions of his being pushed out of the job. None the less, I felt Dantonio was one of the good guys.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/mark-d ... e08xahhvay

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Mark Dantonio Resigns As Sparty Head Football Coach

Post by VetteMan »

Agree, I think there was pressure from within, and has been building for the past 2 or 3 seasons. Lots of problems the last few seasons in the football program besides wins and losses.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

There are quite a few people that think that Luke Fickell might be the perceived favorite that they may go after, as he has done a very good job while at Cincinnati.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I do not think Luke leaves Cincy. The timing for one is bad after telling kids to come in and he will be there. His wife is from Cincy area and there young kids. Not wanting to move them around. As well as the Dr trouble on campus and US gymnastics. As well as some football players that have been in trouble. A former coach with a lawsuit. Timing is not right to go to MSU.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

farmer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 pm I do not think Luke leaves Cincy. The timing for one is bad after telling kids to come in and he will be there. His wife is from Cincy area and there young kids. Not wanting to move them around. As well as the Dr trouble on campus and US gymnastics. As well as some football players that have been in trouble. A former coach with a lawsuit. Timing is not right to go to MSU.
You very well may be right, he would certainly be going into quite a mess up there. I do think probably as you have said that all these problems may have caused Dantonio to make his decision now rather than have it made for him by someone else.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

The way I read online was Dantonio is getting some heat legal wise and possible NCAA violations. Something about a former assistant coach. Can’t reme where I seen it though

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

That is a lawsuit by a former coach. Which has been mentioned he could have info on infractions and wrong doings.

One person mentioned on staff that could move up is interim coach Mike Tressel. Which would make sense with all going on and what may come up in the near future with the program

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:23 pm There are quite a few people that think that Luke Fickell might be the perceived favorite that they may go after, as he has done a very good job while at Cincinnati.
Not 100% sure, but just read on Eleven Warriors where Luke Fickell may very well be interested in the MSU job, and indeed may be offered a 5 year contract at about 25 million. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:23 pm There are quite a few people that think that Luke Fickell might be the perceived favorite that they may go after, as he has done a very good job while at Cincinnati.
Not 100% sure, but just read on Eleven Warriors where Luke Fickell may very well be interested in the MSU job, and indeed may be offered a 5 year contract at about 25 million. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
cing
Not 100% sure again, but apparently Luke Fickell has now turned Michigan State down on there offer to be the head coach. I'm sort of glad in way, because if reports are accurate they may still be a lot of problems at MSU.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Colorado HC and former Buckeye assistant Mel Tucker reportedly accepts MSU job:

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Big news

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion