Post by fightingtigers45 »

Florida's ranked opponents..

2005-6...Went 4-2
2006-6*...Went 5-1
2007-4...2-2
2008-6*...6-0
2009-3...2-1

Total-25...19-6

THAT is how you earn respect and play for National Championships. Could Boise do this??

fightingtigers45
S

Re: #3 Boise St. vs #10 VA Tech

Im sure the ranked opponents played and the record could also be given to Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, etc...It was easier for me to find Florida's as they are my favorite team.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

I was loving the Boise win. Last season, the BCS made a truly terrible decision of matching the two non-BCS BCS bowl qualifiers against each other instead of allowing them to have their shot at the BCS. If Boise and TCU would have beaten Cincinnati and Florida (the latter would be highly unlikely), rumblings for a playoff would have increased tenfold. The more Boise makes the BCS sweat, the better.

Now I do not want a playoff to replace bowls, because having one would take out a postseason for just about every smaller school other than Boise and TCU. They are a great reward for playing a good season and gain good exposure to the schools. All I'm saying is that if they want to take their shots at the big boys, it's time for them to go there and put up... or shut up.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

They have won 15 straight games that is what they have proved they are an elite team based off their performance from last night.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

west siders wrote:They have won 15 straight games that is what they have proved they are an elite team based off their performance from last night.
I disagree completely, they have not proven that they are an elite program. Granted they are a very solid program, but a national title contender, they should not be. Sorry, just my personal opinion.

I know it's hard to join another conference, but IMO this past off-season while all the conference realignments were going on, we should have heard about Boise at least making an effort to join either the Big 12 or the Pac 10. That's how they'll earn my respect. Play the big boys week in and week out to be contenders. Nevada should not be your toughest test on a schedule after a good week one team. (Nevada, might I remind you was beaten by Notre Dame last year by 30 some odd points. Relevance, there's your sign. :roll: :roll: )

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Boise executes. I like it. Not a national contender though. No matter the record. Many teams are better than Boise because most play in tougher conferences. It is much easier to prepare for one and nearly only biggest game of the year, than it is to prepare week in and week out for other tough opponents. They know their chances are good against the rest of their schedule. That doesn't mean they don't prepare for other teams, it just means they know they have to play as if they were playing for a title against top caliber teams. I am impressed with wins over some of the programs they have beaten, but week in week out they could not do it.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

west siders wrote:They have won 15 straight games that is what they have proved they are an elite team based off their performance from last night.
Spare me, please. Boise played IMO one of the most overrated teams in the past several years. VT hasn't done Jack since Vick left and got thumped in Vick's last bowl game. At the end of the season one of us will be proven wrong but going on past history, I feel very good.

fightingtigers45
S

And by the way, when you are favored and higher ranked, you are no longer Cinderella or an underdog. Stop playing that card Chris Peterson. Be a man and say "We have arrived" not "I like being the underdog."

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Boise can beat ACC and Pac10 teams all day long, but when it comes to playing the top Big10 and SEC schools, Boise has no chance. They beat a ok Oregon team and like frank-and-beans said a overrated VT team. I respect Boise and how far they have come but IMO they are not a top 10 team. If they would have opened up against a team like Texas, Bama, or OSU I would have gave them more props if they could beat a team like that.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I am certain that Frank Beemer has naked pictures of the coaches that vote in the coaches poll.

How else can they be so highly ranked at the start of every season.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

In a single game, Boise can play with most anybody. I said play with, not beat. My main complaint is their regular season competition. It lacks the grind that most major conference teams face weekly. You could point to OSU losing to Purdue or USC losing to Stanford and say the big conference teams can lose to inferior competition so the fact Boise doesn't lose would support your argument. But put Boise in the SEC for a couple of seasons and lets see what their record would be. I'd say they'd lose a few conference games every season and wouldn't even be in the same conversation when it comes down to who should play for the BCS championship. I'm not a Boise hater; they are a good team and play an entertaining style of offense. In a one-game scenario, they could win the BCS title game. Ask Oklahoma. But if they had to take the beating teams from other conferences take through a season, they just would never get to that game.

fightingtigers45
S

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I am certain that Frank Beemer has naked pictures of the coaches that vote in the coaches poll.

How else can they be so highly ranked at the start of every season.
Post of the year

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Nice post d&c, big difference playing the one game and playing the one game after a big game or even a lesser opponent sandwiched in between 2 tough games. Vandy may get anyone in the SEC if they play them between say LSU and Florida or Bama and Florida. Same with the BigTen and I hate to say it but Indiana may be better than anyone left on Boise's schedule.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I guess with VT losing to James Madison today we see just how impressive the Boise win was.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Raiderball wrote:I guess with VT losing to James Madison today we see just how impressive the Boise win was.
Thats right :122245

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Boise lost a lot of steam in the poll this week. The computer won't be so nice to them for strength of schedule either. They won't get in over ANY one loss SEC or Big Ten team now.

Return to “College Sports”