Valenth's Thoughts from Week 7...

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from Week 7...

Post by Valenth »

Now that another week of College Football is in the books... this is what I took away from it....

#1. The SEC IS WEAK.

There is one team that looks half way decent.. and that is Alabama.... We saw Historic upsets from Kentucky and South Carolina... and the Surprise team out of the entire SEC... Has to be Arkansas... They Beat Ole Miss... Who shredded Alabama's Defense last week. Lack of Defense from the Big Teams and IMO the Best Defenses in the SEC right now might just be Kentucky and Arkansas... Who would have Thought?!

#2. Clemson... Enough Said...

They absolutely destroyed Georgia Tech... They're the Team to beat for the National Championship.... FOR NOW..

#3. Notre Dame and UNC both Seriously OVERRATED.

Both of these teams showed their true colors yesterday... they looked lethargic and Notre Dame "Technically" won their game on a Technicality. Neither of these teams should be ranked in the Top 10. I think we ALL can agree on that.

#4. The Thundering HERD ROLLS ON...

Marshall looking fantastic Saturday with a great Defensive effort and an Offense that continues to improve week by week... They should be in the Top 25 on this Upcoming AP Poll...

#5. BIG XII still is a mystery...

This conference looks UGLY this year... Lacks of Defense and Basically beating up on each other... Sounds familiar... Sort of like the PAC 12...

#6. COVID Postponements...

With everything going on and Cincinnati and Tulsa being Postponed as well as Florida and LSU... Including Florida's Head Coach Dan Mullen testing Positive... These Schedules are everything FLUID... Hopefully we can see less positive cases and get back to having football back to normal... but that's gonna take a strong effort and be easier said than done.

Thoughts? Lets Discuss!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from Week 7...

Post by Omega »

Good job Valenth,

Even in this crazy orbit of the sun labeled 2020, the cream of the talent crop rises to the top and that is Alabama and Clemson in any order. The question becomes where will Ohio State fit in if they fit in at all except to fill the field in the playoffs

Marshall indeed is a feel good story in the SEOP footprint, and the rest of the televised games are entertaining.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

So far it seems like it goes...

Clemson...Alabama.....and whoever. Ohio State probably. Question is????? Who gets the final spot??? Hell, it might not be the Buckeyes. It's a wacky year for college football. Like T.O. said..." get your popcorn ready!!"

Marshall gets breaks in the Top 25....AP has them 22 and the coaches poll says 25 (or did I turn them around?)

Go Iowa State!! Would love to see them become BIG 12 champs!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:43 pm So far it seems like it goes...

Clemson...Alabama.....and whoever. Ohio State probably. Question is????? Who gets the final spot??? Hell, it might not be the Buckeyes. It's a wacky year for college football. Like T.O. said..." get your popcorn ready!!"

Marshall gets breaks in the Top 25....AP has them 22 and the coaches poll says 25 (or did I turn them around?)

It will be interesting to see how the PAC12 shapes up.. The 4th team will either come out of The SEC B1G or PAC12 right now... it's definitely not in the ACC or BIG XII... anything in the ACC outside Clemson is moot. And The BIG XII Champion likely will have 2 ...maybe even 3 losses.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Valenth wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:27 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:43 pm So far it seems like it goes...

It will be interesting to see how the PAC12 shapes up.. The 4th team will either come out of The SEC B1G or PAC12 right now... it's definitely not in the ACC or BIG XII... anything in the ACC outside Clemson is moot. And The BIG XII Champion likely will have 2 ...maybe even 3 losses.
Forgot about the PAC 12. Oregon is ranked. Interesting indeed. Agree 100 % with ACC and BIG 12....no chance other than Clemson. Could someone else from the B1G 10 sneak in??? We shall see....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think it is way to early to sort out any conference or any team. The big 12 still has oklahoma state undefeated and if they would run the table they would be in the mix. It appears to me that there is a good chance that everyone in the SEC could have 2 loses with the exception of Alabama. but i still am not a total believer in Alabama being one of the best two teams and they could lose in championship game. Clemson has been Clemson. Goodness only knows what big 10 will look like. let alone the pac 12. i really think a 2 loss team could make playoff this year but who knows at this point.

Return to “College Sports”