#5 Ohio State blasts Nebraska 52-17

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

#5 Ohio State blasts Nebraska 52-17

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Defense was a little suspect at times, especially in the first quarter, but overall a good showing from OSU.

Ohio State (1-0):

Justin Fields - 20/21; 276 pass yards; 2 pass TDs; 54 rush yards; 1 rush TD
Master Teague - 12 carries; 41 rush yards; 2 rush TDs
Garrett Wilson - 7 receptions; 129 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Sevyn Banks - Fumble recovery return for TD
Blake Haubeil - 7/7 extra points; 1/1 field goals (34 yards)

Nebraska (0-1):

Adrian Martinez - 12/15; 105 pass yards; 85 rush yards; 1 rush TD
Luke McCaffrey - 9 carries; 80 rush yards; 4/5; 55 pass yards; 1 reception; 7 receiving yards
Wan'Dale Robinson - 6 receptions; 49 receiving yards
Connor Culp - 2/2 extra points; 1/1 field goals (22 yards)

cbolt
SEOP

Re: #5 Ohio State blasts Nebraska 52-17

Post by cbolt »

Pretty good game overall for Bucks. Only thing lacking from last year was the explosive running game from a running back. Defense was a little suspect at times but Nebraksa's offense will probably put up some numbers this year. Officiating was terrible! Them targeting calls are a joke. It's one thing to lead with the head but if they can't do it with the shoulder it's not even football anymore. How they heck are they supposed to tackle them? Part of the problem is the defensive backs tackling techniques these days. Tucking their arms in not wrapping up and submarining in there to blast them to the ground as hard as they can don't help matters any.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

cbolt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:31 pm Pretty good game overall for Bucks. Only thing lacking from last year was the explosive running game from a running back. Defense was a little suspect at times but Nebraksa's offense will probably put up some numbers this year. Officiating was terrible! Them targeting calls are a joke. It's one thing to lead with the head but if they can't do it with the shoulder it's not even football anymore. How they heck are they supposed to tackle them? Part of the problem is the defensive backs tackling techniques these days. Tucking their arms in not wrapping up and submarining in there to blast them to the ground as hard as they can don't help matters any.
You said it, bolt. Fields and passing game looked good. Too many dropped passes. Huskers got 200 rushing yards..or there abouts.

Both teams will get better. I know this is a Buckeye thread but, Rutgers took advantage of Sparty turnovers to beat them in E. Lansing. Schiano back at the helm.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Nebraska was and is very weak....... my Wolverines will beat the overrated Luckeyes this year........might as well get the excuse crying luckeye tissues out for all the scarlet wearing sunglass fans out there.......The blue is real blue this year boyzzzz.......... I got special scarlet tissues for the one that comes up with the best defeat excuses...........got to come up with something better this year than the luckeyes beat themselves.......... to win the scarlet crying tissues.......

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Somehow I knew that beatdown of Goldie Gopher would have inches back and dreaming long awaited victory over the big toilet seat team. Don't get your hopes too high inches, we seen how that has worked out since 2001. Next year is finally here inches!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Michigan Wolverines are bruisers this year......should see a difference in them for sure........like I said..... I will have a free big box of scarlet tissues for the best defeated luckeye excuse maker........go blue..........the big M has the girly scarlets number this year.........................................I see lots of crying coming.......................luckeyes didn't do this or that......gums just flapping and tears that make rivers everywhere throughout the luckeye state...............cry like babies when they lose and the most excuse makers in the country.............no one gets any credit that beats the luckeyes..............just tears and excuses............

Return to “College Sports”