SEC looking WEAK

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SEC looking WEAK

Post by ManitouDan »

off to an 0-3 start in the minor bowls. Georgia goes down , along with so Carolina who lost their best offensive player the 1st quarter. Hopefully they will do better on new years day and beyond MD

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: SEC looking WEAK

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Probably going to go 1-2 on new years against the Big 10, then we'll see once the BCS kicks in.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

who knows ...lots of surprising scores.. hopefully we go 3-0 today. (Tenn getting screwed over was priceless !!! Could we give UT to the big ten ?)

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

I put absolutely ZERO stock into bowl games when evaluating conferences. To me, it's simply a terrible way to rate a conference. Bowls are completely different from the regular season in a variety of ways for one. Also, each match-up is different. A conference could go 0-6 and I would hold the same opinion I did during the regular season because as I said, I put zero stock into the bowls when evaluating conferences.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am glad to see the SEC 0-3 might not say a lot but it does save me from avoiding ESPN while they tell me how great that conference is.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

I think college football on a whole was down this season. But the Big Ten was up. I did "Power Rankings" for the conferences for awhile and it was basically:

1. Big Ten
2. SEC
3. Pac-10
4. Big XII
The Rest

SEC was down... hard. Despite South Carolina having a productive year and the emergence of Lattimore and Cam Newton/Auburn, everyone else seemed to be down. The Big Ten was fantastic this season: from Northwestern on up to Wisconsin they had a great season. Even the Big XII suffered. Oklahoma was Oklahoma, Nebraska was one of the top schools until the injuries caught up to Martinez and Kansas State is back on track to return thanks to Synder, but it was really a two school conference with Missouri, OSU and such being up and down.

Wasn't a bad year, but just seemed like the overwhelming majority was down this season with a few programs being excellent. And even at that notion, some of the teams that looked real good this season could be due to the fact that everyone was down. Seemed that a lot of schools were young and/or searching for that next leader to replace ones who recently left.

Edit for the bolded: I always forget LSU and the good season Mississippi State had.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

SEC 3 Big Ten 0 today
score 138-45

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Yep, SEC is down until it comes to Major bowl games, every year because they play teams that may have better records during the season but don't play the same caliber of competition week in, week out. It ain't hard to figure out, just look around the country.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Thank goodness for the B10... helps the SEC pad their bowl record every year.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Raiderball did WVU win their bowl game? Just asking I missed that one

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Nope, and looked bad while losing too. Go to other thread to talk about it if you want. This thread is for comments about the SEC looking weak. Just saying.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

well, i was wrong what i said before, the SEC just plain out outplayed the B10. the only one that matters is in three days though!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

If the Big-10 ever wants to compete in MAJOR bowl games (year in, year out) they have to get big, quick offensive and defensive lineman. That's the biggest difference between them and the SEC. All the skill position player's are about the same (height, weight, quickness, agility and ability) but when it comes to the "d" and "o" lines you can see a heck of a difference there every year in the big games. JMO

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Ok , not looking so weak now. came up big today with 2 arse kickin's and 1 close win

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Butt kicking UM gave up a lot of points in the Big Ten games also and played a Miss St team rated in the top 25. The Alabama vs Mich St game Alabama played up to their talent level which they did not in the the games they lost this year. These were bad match ups to begin with. Penn St goes down to Orlando to play Florida. It was a close game til the end. Wisconsin lost to the higher rated team.
The SEC wins does not mean the SEC is stronger than the Big 10 they were just single games.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

As Bill Parcells once said" You are what your record says you are"

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

MSU and PSU were no suprise.

Michigan, I expected more points, and a possible sootout win.
I know their defense is bad, but Miss St made their offense look pedestrian too.

Northwestern to me, was a bright spot. They haven't won a bowl game since the 40s, they have a bad defense, and lost a really good QB. To me, I expected them to lose bad. They were repectable.

Wisconsin was the Vegas underdog, but I expected them to win.
They are a huge dissappointment, and Belima showed why he has to play from an early lead.
Everyone in the Big 10 knows that to beat Wisconsinm score early, that way they don't play from a two score lead.
This is why the kick return to open the game, and subsiquint 3-out from the Buckeyes killed them in Madison.

I did expect Iowa to win when the regular season stopped, but given their offensive losses, didn't expect a win in the bowl.

Illinois did as I expected them to do.

Now it's time to see if this year's Buckeyes can salvage the Big 10 and get a win against the SEC.
Normally its the rest of the conference that is beating the SEC and the Buckeyes losing.
I will gladly take a reversal of forutne.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ACCBiggz wrote:I put absolutely ZERO stock into bowl games when evaluating conferences. To me, it's simply a terrible way to rate a conference. Bowls are completely different from the regular season in a variety of ways for one. Also, each match-up is different. A conference could go 0-6 and I would hold the same opinion I did during the regular season because as I said, I put zero stock into the bowls when evaluating conferences.

I agree , playing each other is a terrible way to evaulate who is better. :lol: :lol: :lol: MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

138 -45 --- Is the white flag waving yet ? SEC baby.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

If the tatoo'ed 5 had not disrupted the football team I'd expected them to beat Ark. Now with the major distractions it'a tough call. Impossible to call how they react.

Return to “College Sports”