SEC looking WEAK

hoot
Varsity

Re: SEC looking WEAK

Post by hoot »

"I put zero stock in the bowl games in evaluating conferences"
Ha . That' s either the worst rationalization or the worst case of homerism i've ever heard. Nodody outside of the campus of Tosu would say that the big 10 is the top conference or that that disaster of a day didnt prove anything.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

That was no shocker to me. Did you not see what IOWA did to MSU? I fully expected Bama to go in and put an butt whoopin on Sparty. I was not fooled by that 11-1 record. Bama is a top 5 team.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

gahs4ever wrote:You want to lambast the Big Ten for their bowl performance?

Heck, eight teams is a little too many from one league, dont you think? Some of those "winners" were beating the 7th and 8th best teams in the Big Ten.

The one shocker was the margin of victory Bama put on MSU. WOW!!!
???? Please explain.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

gahs4ever wrote:Bama IS a top 5 team. That still doesnt make them 6 TDs better than MSU. But it did yesterday.
MSU is not a great football team, good yes, are they on Bama's level? Hell no, and that was proven yesterday.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

What is a major bowl game nowadays??? There's only one for the BIG TEN.past.present and future.ROSE BOWL,ROSE BOWL,ROSE BOWL.Where they've won a few and lost just as many.If you go on bowl records,then it's got to be the MTW.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

You ask me, Alabama IS that much better than MSU. And if you think any Big 10 team could last in the SEC you probably need to lay off the pipe. Pick any team out of the Big 10 and insert them into the SEC and they would always finish middle of the pack behind Bama, Florida, and LSU most years. I figured the massacre that the Big 10 received over the weekend would have changed some people views on the Big 10 but I guess some are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

gahs4ever wrote:You want to lambast the Big Ten for their bowl performance?

Heck, eight teams is a little too many from one league, dont you think? Some of those "winners" were beating the 7th and 8th best teams in the Big Ten.

The one shocker was the margin of victory Bama put on MSU. WOW!!!

What do you think Mississippi State was in the SEC standings? I will answer that for you, they were 6th. And where do you think they were in the SEC West standings? Next to last, 5th out of 6th place. And don't you think 9 teams is a little too many for the SEC to be sending to bowl games?

No matter how you slice it, the SEC is superior when compared to the Big 10.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

pretty noticeable talent gap between the two. And still yet people state the Big ten was the strongest in the land this past year. Just not true. Average SEC year > Good big ten year . That ruffles feathers but it's obvious and true.

Return to “College Sports”