What college team do you root for

Total votes: 0

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

But since this is an Ohio site for the most part, I believe there are more Buckeye fans than other colleges with WVU, Kentucky, and perhaps Notre Dame being next in terms of popularity.

It would be an interesting thread and poll question to see if my feelings are true or not.[/quote] (gahs4ever)

Let's find out

Black Panther
SEO

Re: What college team do you root for

Post by Black Panther »

Pitt Panther fan for the last 23 going on 24 years.Started out just Football and Men's Basketball,but I will root for them or wish them well in any sport now.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

U of Cincinnati Bearcat fan for 50 years - I was cheering for them when they beat the Lucas, Havlicek, Knowles Ohio State team for the National Championship TWICE - '61 and '62!!
I have trouble rooting for OSU Basketball teams still. Now football is another story - the Bearcat football program was a losing proposition for many years: it was all about basketball! Now their football program is equally competitive! Hooray for that!
GO BEARCATS [esp against Pitt - jk BP] I always root for other Big East teams when they're playing anyone else besides the Bearcats.
It was Pitt, Louisville, Villanova, and Syracuse that destroyed my bracket!
Last edited by caglewis on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Heck - I left out ND as another bracket-destroying choice of mine!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I love your loyality and fan longevity Cag! I'd say more than one Big East team busted a bracket this year...But the Big East's last bullet might be enough.We'll see...

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Sorry guys i considered putting Pitt and Cincinnati on here but then thought if i do that may have to put Ohio, Marshall, Akron, Kent State, Toldeo, Dayton, Xavier, Louisville, Indiana, Purdue so it was just much more easy to put other lol.
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

No problem...Even with Pitt's success the last ten years in basketball I doubt you could even count on one hand the number TRUE Panther fans in Southeast Ohio.I mean Panther fans only.There might be a few that like Pitt but they really root for someone else.I'm one of the few I'm sure..

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ohio state football
duke basketball

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Michigan Football
Michigan and Duke Basketball

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

"Southeastern Ohio Preps", and no OU?? :122245 :122245

A proud member of the Ozone; the Ohio student section. Was there for our wins over bad teams as well as wins over good teams. Also cheered every minute of games where we lost (Marshall twice :evil: , Ohio State, Kent State, let's not even bring up Troy lol)

I still always root for Ohio State in every sport (unless they play Ohio.)

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

OSU in all sports!
Go Synchronized Swimming!!!

During the Pitino era, I liked UK, but it was more because I really liked his coaching style and the way his teams played back then.

But now, it's Buckeyes uber alis!

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

I have been a UK fan since the day i was born, and always will be. I would say WVU is second, and i don't really ever root against OSU unless they are playing UK.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Marquette OSU basketball

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:OSU in all sports!
Go Synchronized Swimming!!!

During the Pitino era, I liked UK, but it was more because I really liked his coaching style and the way his teams played back then.

But now, it's Buckeyes uber alis!

I'm with you on the UK teams of the Pitino era. Attended a couple coaching clinics and liked the style. Stuck with them some through the Tubby years but not Gillespie or last years Calipari teams.
Actually have been big UNC fan since early 70's..... and that would be basketball only for UK and UNC.

Have been WVU football since the Nehlan years. Followed baskeball some but not until Belien would I say I was WVU basketball fan. Was pretty much raised on WVU so I always followed them.
With that said I guess you can count me as WVU fan for all now. How about that rifle team.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

OSU in all sports

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

I was 8 when I started taking an interest in Duke basketball during the 1983-84 season. That was before Coach K's first-ever Final Four in 1986.

I grew up with an older brother who loved Carolina, so naturally I chose the rival. But back then, the rival with UNC was Jim Valvano and NC State.

I remember watching a Carolina game with my brother at Duke that year on TV and being blown away by how the crowd got into game. Royal blue is my favorite color and they had a creative fan base, so that was enough for me at the time. I didn't learn how to spell Krzyzewski until the Louisville championship game two years later.

Watching this rivalry for over 25 years, I will say that one of the biggest binds between my bro and me is this 2 or 3 game annual series. We've both gone from pure hate of the opponent to pure respect for the opponent. And we have witnessed a lot of great things in college basketball during that span because of it.

A house divided — yes. Our parents were diehard Buckeyes, so they didn't know what to think and stayed out of it. Bro likes the Bucks in CFB, as to where I just like CFB.

My family is/was big on the Browns and the Reds, but Duke and UNC is our only major difference.

When my parents passed away, the first thing I did was make my inaugural journey to Durham to see the campus and Cameron Indoor. And yes, I drove in a record snow-ice storm in December 2002 to get there. That's my history with Duke.

Side note: The last time America rooted for Duke?

Saturday, March 30, 1991 in Indianapolis. That was the night that Duke beat UNLV in the national semis, avenging a historic 103-73 loss to the Rebels the year before in the NCAA title game. Duke owns the record for worst loss in a national final (30 points).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp ... emi91a.htm

26 years, 4 NCAA titles and a whole lot of hate later, I'm still proud of my decision as a youngster. :122245

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Irish all the way..like DUB..I root for the ND janitors crew too! I root for UNC during BBall if the IRISH are playing, but that hasn't been in issue for the past 6-7 years so go IRISH!

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Roll Tide!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

4puttsnowman wrote:Roll Tide!

Nice nick there 4putt. Don't you just hate putting those 8's on your scorecard

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ohio State football. Ohio State, Duke, and Kentucky basketball.

Return to “College Sports”