Luke Fickell

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Luke Fickell

Post by Bleeding Red »

gahs4ever wrote:Yeah, but when and to what extent? Trying to suppress things Ohio State in Columbus is impossible I would think. And if what you are alledging IS true, then Gee has no choice but to demand Smith's resignation.

If these players, especially Pryor, were this blatant about the things they were doing, how could Gene Smith NOT know to a certain extent what was going on? Anyone that believes that he didnt is kidding themselves. I personally think OSU should force him out as well.

I guarantee you, at any high profile university, their AD has alot of contact with the high profile athletes. For OSU, it is 4-5 basketball players and 10-15 football players, and a handful of the ones that people would be trying to really influence. Sullinger and Pryor are at the top of the list to keep tabs on.

To me, Gene Smith is either guilty by association for assisting in the cover up, or he is at fault for not paying attention to blatant things happening right in front of him. Either way, he needs to go.

As a Buckeye fan, this has been an embarrassing and disgracing series of events. There are millions of haters of OSU across the country, this only adds fuel to their fire. I wasnt sure what to think at first when Tress stepped down, but now I am glad. He was involved. Gene is involved. Clean the program out and start at the top! End of story!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The entire OSU Athletic department needs flushed down the drain.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The entire OSU Athletic department needs flushed down the drain.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Easy words for a fan of someone other than the Bucks.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I hope Fickell can at least produce a winning season, but if not, I've been told Urban Meyer bought Kirk Herbstreit's old place in C-bus.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

surfsider wrote:I hope Fickell can at least produce a winning season, but if not, I've been told Urban Meyer bought Kirk Herbstreit's old place in C-bus.
There's nothing on the franklin county auditor's property search that show's Meyer owns any property yet but Kirk's has been deleted because it was on there a couple months ago.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Urban is buying a house in UA.
It will be listed through a property holding company, not by his name.
Not for certain if it's been closed on yet.
It was for reasons other than coaching when initially contracted.

It's not a big deal!

Also, the thought of OSU having a losing record made me laugh really hard, I almost had to change my shorts!!!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I think Fickell will have this team fired up to play. He will probably tell them it is them against the world. I just hope the administration gives Fickell a fair shot and don't just use him for this season and go after a big name coach.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

88, 66, 59, 51, 47, 43, those are the years since the first National Title in 1942 that the Buckeyes have had a losing season.

The 2001 season saw a 7-4 record, Pre bowl game.
The previous season had the Buckeyes at 8-3 regular season, but JT's first team finished with the same 5-3 conference record as the year before, and one spot higher in the conference standings.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

And they shouldn't be tolerated!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The Ohio BMV report is out, it shows that OSU players DID NOT recieve extra improper benefits from car dealerships!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

bad news is you just got a decommit from 5-star OT from St. Edwards.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

It's a long time until Febuary!!!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Raiderball wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:I think Fick will be given a chance, and that's all he asks.

I think it will be an honest chance, and if he handles the season well, and wins games, then he will be the next full time coach.
Any other Buckeye fan can respond also.

My opinion is that Fickle has been told straight out by Gee and Smih that he is interim and
interim only. Regardless of the severity of the NCAA penalties, my take is that anyone
associated with the Tressel era, including Smith, is gone. My suspicion is that OSU Admin
and Board will become satisifed with a program that wins 7 or 8 games a year and challenges
for the Big Ten title say once every 5 years. After all were the Earl Bruce years really that bad to be a Buckeye fan?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

peake wrote:bad news is you just got a decommit from 5-star OT from St. Edwards.
And Michigan is on his radar (along with about 5 other big time programs)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

peake wrote:bad news is you just got a decommit from 5-star OT from St. Edwards.
2770 days since the last Michigan win over tOSU. He might reconsider his options!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
And Michigan is on his radar (along with about 5 other big time programs)
Columbus Dispatch reports that Kalis hasnt ruled out recommitting to OSU. It may be a biased opinion, but I think once he sees firsthand the energy and enthusiasm among the coaching staff and current players to kick some tail this year, he will recommit. If he doesnt, life will go on at OSU without him!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

He has till feburary, he wants to see what the NCAA says, what happens with the coaching staff after the season, and what kind of program Fickell is running.

Who can blame him!!!

If he wants to go somewhere else, then that's his choice.
It just means OSU d-linemen will be holding his jock at the end of the game.
But then again, who don't they dominate!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

gahs4ever wrote:^^^^^Have you ever even BEEN to Columbus? Old 8-3 is what they called Bruce and it cost him his job. 7-8 wins in Columbus a year and challenging for the Big Ten title evey five years is Michigan and who wants to be Michigan?
OSU 68-72 SSD.

I know how rabid Buck fans are, my gut is that the powers that be will not tempt
fate and de-emphasis the program to a degree. Everyone on this board wants to
see OSU win Big Ten championships and challenge for the National Title while running
a squeaky clean program, yet can the school afford another round of disgrace and
penalties a few years down the road due to the risk associated with running a big
time program? The path of least resistance is all to often the road most traveled.
At least with Bruce, there was some suspense about the outcome of games.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

Ohio States problem is it cannot compete in recruiting the great passing quarterback because it is too cold along the Olentangy for these pansy warm weather players. They then are forced to turn to the type that they have had recently. The talented ones that are likely to get the program in trouble. The next coach will have to recruit this player to go above eight wins a year. Will the OSU fanatics allow this? Not a chance. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Return to “College Sports”