#13 Ohio (27-7) vs. #4 Michigan (24-9) NCAA Midwest Regional

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: #13 Ohio (27-7) vs. #4 Michigan (24-9) NCAA Midwest Regi

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Burke is one of the best guards in the country, will be a lottery pick if he leaves.
He bested the defensive player of the year in the best conference in the country.

Burke will eat OU alive. It's a matter of if OU can disrupt the rest of UM.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I guess we'll see Friday and you might be the only person I've heard say that trey burke is a lottery pick

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

3morethan2 wrote:I guess we'll see Friday and you might be the only person I've heard say that trey burke is a lottery pick
Agree I dont see him as a Lottery pick at all

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Burke a lottery pick wow! Maybe some day, but I highly doubt it's this year,I can't wait for this game, even more so than the OSU game! On a side note it will be kind of weird to see OSU on TNT,maybe sir Charles will do commentary,,just saw where this game is also on TNT maybe Marv the perv Albert can do this one

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Burke has eaten up OSU,Michigan st, duke, Memphis, Wisconsin, etc. like I said before, Burke is the best player on the floor and it isn't close. Burke hasn't hinted at going pro so I haven't seen many mocks with him, but I would say late first round.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

C-Bolt wrote:Burke a lottery pick wow! Maybe some day, but I highly doubt it's this year,I can't wait for this game, even more so than the OSU game! On a side note it will be kind of weird to see OSU on TNT,maybe sir Charles will do commentary,,just saw where this game is also on TNT maybe Marv the perv Albert can do this one
LOL YES!!!!!!!! (in a Marv Albert voice )

el savior
Freshman Team

Post by el savior »

:lol: at Burke being a lottery pick.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

peake wrote:Burke has eaten up OSU,Michigan st, duke, Memphis, Wisconsin, etc. like I said before, Burke is the best player on the floor and it isn't close. Burke hasn't hinted at going pro so I haven't seen many mocks with him, but I would say late first round.
in the big 10 tournament loss to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY burke was 1-11 from the field and had 8 turnovers

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I guess that is what is considered eating ohio state up...I also heard he made 2nd team all american, tyshawn taylor should've made it over him

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

That was one game. He is judged by one bad performance? Maybe you missed his 30 pt game the night before.

This is stupid to argue if they burke is one of the better players in America, really stupid.

I guess you also missed his 17 point performance against Aaron craft in a win.

17 on duke
20 on Michigan
18 on Indiana
14 on Wisconsin
14 on Memphis

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Burke was shut down during the tourney BECAUSE he beat the crap out of OSU in AA.

It is well documented that Craft took it very personal after the loss in AA, and spent the next weeks studying Burke on film more than any guard he's ever faced. He made it a personal mission to not let Burke beat him again.

Along with Jordan Taylor and Aaron Craft, Burke is a very effective and potentially dominating guard.

Unless I'm missing a bug non-conference oponent fir OU, Burke is far and away the best player OU will have faced this year, and will be the best player on the court.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The MAC is better than some seem to think and though Michigan should win this one, I do not see it being a cake walk.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Not saying the MAC isn't good, but there is nobody in the MAC with Burke's skill set.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

For the record OU has seen a top point guard this year,Louisville's Peyton Siva one of the 20 finalists for the Cousy award along with Burke, and he went a whopping 0-7 with 4 to's against the OU defense.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

C-Bolt wrote:For the record OU has seen a top point guard this year,Louisville's Peyton Siva one of the 20 finalists for the Cousy award along with Burke, and he went a whopping 0-7 with 4 to's against the OU defense.
I'm still waiting for an example of a guard that OU has faced that is on Burke's level!

Siva: 9.1ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 assists per game
Burke: 14.8ppg, 3.5 rpg, 4.6 assists per game

Burke has 11 18+ point games
Siva has 1 18+ point game

Burke is a freshman, Siva is a junior. Burke played in a tougher and more physical conference this year. Burke is better than Siva.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

You might be right, but he's on that list for a reason,,one thing for sure we'll know who's better after Friday,OU has a pretty good point guard of their own that UM will have to deal with as well.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I really do feel dirty defending UM.

Like I said, I'm pulling hard for OU.

But like I said. Michigan takes a ton of shots, and misses 1/2!
OU must rebound considerably better than UM, and not allow quick put back layups off of missed shots.

They have to defend beyond the 3 point line.
And they must disrupt Burke.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Dubs you have become a closet UM fan, jk. Game recognizes game.

This is a one and done scenario, I don't think any team is a sure thing at this point. All it takes is one off game and you're done. Example MIchigan and Tennessee last season. Michigan was supposed to lose and blew Tennessee out and narrowly lost to Duke at the buzzer last year. Anything can happen.

My only real point is UM has seen teams bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic then OU, has OU seen better teams then UM outside of Louisville? With that being said Dubs is 100% right, if you slow down Burke, make UM one dimensional and hit the glass hard, you have a really good shot at beating them. I am more worried about Temple then UNC. If UM is on they can beat UNC who is awful at defending the perimeter (see Duke, UNLV, and two FSU games).

Return to “College Sports”