Another Michigan football player bites the dust (for now)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Another Michigan football player bites the dust (for now

Post by Bleeding Red »

C-Bolt wrote:LOL forgot about Boone,wish I had a dollar for every beer he drank while at OSU.Seems like I remember him saying something he drank 40 or 50 beers a night,kid must not have got hangovers.
I wish I had a $10 bill for every time he missed a block or jumped offsides!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Surprised somebody hasn't mentioned a bill for every time shugart's jumped off sides yet LOL

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Indeed! Boone was nearly just as bad!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bleeding Red wrote:Indeed! Boone was nearly just as bad!
Yeah but what people didn't know was he wasn't jumping off sides ! It was just his head bobbing up and down from the dry heaves!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SPAMONY wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Indeed! Boone was nearly just as bad!
Yeah but what people didn't know was he wasn't jumping off sides ! It was just his head bobbing up and down from the dry heaves!
LOL! You might be right!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Don't throw stones in your glass houses Ohio State fans.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Don't throw stones in your glass houses Ohio State fans.

What are you talking about we are saying to let him play.... we would and have.......but then again we dont claim to hold ourselves to a "HIGHER" standard like scUM does either!!!!!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Fitz and Clark are not making the trip to Dallas.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Robinson just might not last this game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Denard just had the shortest Heisman campaign ever!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bama wasn't really that good Meatchicken made them look that way.

Robinson will not last the year

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The thing that stood out to me was Bama was so much bigger than UM.
I know it's a remnant of Rich Rod, but it looked like varsity playing freshmen when it came to the size difference.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:The thing that stood out to me was Bama was so much bigger than UM.
I know it's a remnant of Rich Rod, but it looked like varsity playing freshmen when it came to the size difference.
Lets be honest here we all knew this was going to happen.... Michigan is still about 2 to 3 years away... Last year played well for Jabba the Hoke playing a soft schedule and beating a weak ACC team in a Bowl.... All they proved last night was the SEC is simply better then the B1G and D.Rob is a kick returner,overrated and wont last a season... Load the Box !!!!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

VegasEagle wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:The thing that stood out to me was Bama was so much bigger than UM.
Lets be honest here we all knew this was going to happen.... Michigan is still about 2 to 3 years away... Last year played well for Jabba the Hoke playing a soft schedule and beating a weak ACC team in a Bowl.... All they proved last night was the SEC is simply better then the B1G and D.Rob is a kick returner,overrated and wont last a season... Load the Box !!!!!!

I agree with Vegas......the outcome is no surprise, but the way in which Bama completely dominated the game was a little bit troublesome for me as a B1G fan. It really makes me question the legitimacy of the B1G and offers no defense or any valid argument that the conference is even worth mentioning in the same sentence as the SEC. I realize this is the first game of the season and Bama would have done this to the majority of teams in the FBS, but come on.......that was just plain out pathetic and embarrassing!

I am now more ecstatic than ever before, that Coach Meyer is OSU's coach and hopefully he can bring a much needed change to how the B1G develops programs and can close the distance on the SEC.......a conference that is years ahead of all others.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

The B1G as a whole looked really bad yesterday Iowa,Wisconsin Even Michigan St. squeaked by a WEAK Boise St that had 6 or 7 starters back........It made me want to Puke...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As bad as Michigan's offense looked, their defense was 10x worse. That was the worst display of tackling I have ever seen. Bama's backs ran through arm tackles all night. Michigan's line backers might as well stood there with a thumb in the air cause they were getting taken for a ride 4-5 yards after contact. Played on their heels all night.

To top it off, Michigan took blind side blocks and were earholed ALL night. That defense might be able to stop some teams, but most will outscore Michigan. The writing was on the wall last year when Michigan barely squeeked by teams that were scoring 30+ points on them.

Michigan will struggle to get 7-8 wins this year and Denard will not last all season with that line in front of him.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Bama's backs were fresh and they were running behind arguably the best O line in the country. Doesn't excuse the arm tackles but it might excuse the tacklers being knocked back 4 yds on contact.

Return to “College Sports”