Solich transforming OU into the 'Boise State' of the Midwest

3morethan2
Varsity

Re: Solich transforming OU into the 'Boise State' of the Mid

Post by 3morethan2 »

I do the same thing, when people ask where I'm going to school, I try to say Ohio but as Orange and Brown said people know more that when you say OU, you mean Ohio University. But I understand Pol Pot's reasoning.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

I call them ou even when im talking to people that arnt from around here. i do this because oklahoma isnt the only ou they are only the big 12 OU. in mac we have ohio that is our OU. it is just like oklahoma st, oregon st, ohio st. or USC for southern cal and south carolina different areas have there own ways of saying who there schools are

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Talk to the President, board and the AD, they are the ones who have administered this policy. I showed you official department policy. Pay attention to news sports shows out of Hunington, Columbus and nationally, they now refer to us as OHIO. I also challenge you to find me an OHIO Uniform with OU on them, or Bobcats, it's simply OHIO

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pol Pot wrote:Talk to the President, board and the AD, they are the ones who have administered this policy. I showed you official department policy. Pay attention to news sports shows out of Hunington, Columbus and nationally, they now refer to us as OHIO. I also challenge you to find me an OHIO Uniform with OU on them, or Bobcats, it's simply OHIO
I think what we are sying is that we don't care if the Admin at Ohio University like it or not. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Just keep thinking small, you will get small results! Sports Illustrated is in town doing a feature article on OHIO Football, let's see if they use the proper vernacular.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Pol Pot wrote:No, OU is Oklahoma, OHIO is Ohio University. Here is the problem! For years the University has asked to be referred to as Ohio, not OU, not Ohio U. We are simply OHIO, that is our identity and our brand. The media after years is finally catching on, now it's time for the people to catch on.
I agree completely.

I remember years ago when watching Dave Dials doing the Prudental College Football scoreboard, it was Ohio not OU and Miami was not referred to as Miami of Ohio.

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

Go OU!!!!!!! BOBCATS!!!!!!!! OHIO U!!!!!!! A very popular shirt from an uptown book store says OU on the back, along with half the hats at the same book store!!! whatever you call it your a fan, GO OHIO!!!! it doesn't matter its all the same, I say a mix of all when I refer to my beloved university..... half of this thread is a pissing contest ...imo

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

OHIO

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

Pol Pot wrote:OHIO
U.

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

Who gives a rat's a$$ as long as our name is getting out there. Our teams will make sure that people know who Ohio is.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

We're not official spokesmen (or spokeswomen) for Ohio. We can call them whatever we want. OU, Ohio U, Ohio University, or Better Than Miami. It does not matter. The national media needs to get it right, because they're in a more official standing and need to be "politically correct." Those of us who payed thousands of dollars and years of our lives at the University have a right to call it whatever we choose.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

LoganElm_grad09 wrote: Those of us who payed thousands of dollars and years of our lives at the University have a right to call it whatever we choose.
Amen, It'll always be OU to me.
Too many nights being thankful I lived in Bryan Hall after a long night out.
Having a dorm on top of the hill across the street from Mem aud, was a life saver!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Pol Pot is such a Dou**e SMH for starters I understand the branding it's just a chat forum website so relax & let's all pump the brakes on this Ohio OU Ohio U whatever you wanna call talk about being comparable to a football program such as Boise State. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan/supporter of Ohio University & I want them to do well across the board but can we let them win a few conference titles a few more bowl games & maybe a few finishes inside the top 25 polls before we even could try to start a comparison. I say we all take a step back & enjoy this season OU is having at the moment

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

pbuck wrote:Pol Pot is such a Dou**e SMH for starters I understand the branding it's just a chat forum website so relax & let's all pump the brakes on this Ohio OU Ohio U whatever you wanna call talk about being comparable to a football program such as Boise State. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan/supporter of Ohio University & I want them to do well across the board but can we let them win a few conference titles a few more bowl games & maybe a few finishes inside the top 25 polls before we even could try to start a comparison. I say we all take a step back & enjoy this season OU is having at the moment
A very good assessment. OU is fun to watch and better then they've been in a generation. Hpefully they keep building it. A few more sellouts and they need to add seats to compete with the big boys. When they have B1G 10/ACC/Big 12 teams come to them, then they are swimming in the deep water.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Great article in Sports Illustrated this week on Solich and OU. It actually says he is building a program similar to Boise. The spread can only help with recruiting as many more young men will want to see what is going on in Athens. "If you build it, they will come."

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

OU absolutely pounded on Texas today! Embarrassing to Mack Brown and company, that's now two years in a row.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Saw that the Bobcats held off Akron on Homecoming.

Or, did I see that the 'Cats held off Akron on Homecoming?

I do agree with both sides on this subject.

O-H-I-O is currently more marketable for the university throughout the state and region, but a lot of people have been to OU or Ohio U.

Change is tough for everyone.

Whatever you call it, another good day for Solich and the troops.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

O-U-O-Yeah!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pol Pot wrote:OU absolutely pounded on Texas today! Embarrassing to Mack Brown and company, that's now two years in a row.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

noreply66 wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:OU absolutely pounded on Texas today! Embarrassing to Mack Brown and company, that's now two years in a row.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Pol Pot SMH get off from here you hater he's doesn't think anyone should call OHIO UNIVERSITY, OU cause of the trademark branding he's being a real stickler

Return to “College Sports”